What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
That's what it's supposed to be, maybe an acclimatissed thai strain. I doubt the flowering time will be 11 weeks only. Expect a least 16 weeks I guess. At least that's what I remember from past reviews on the strain, it looked nice on the pictures.

It could be nice to ask Seedsman about the origin of this strain, if it's pure Early Thai from Sam Skunkman or any other strain.

Vibes.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I saw pictures of the strain posted last year I think, looked skunked up, or should I say dwarfed. Do a throrough search here on the forums and you should find the pics.

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola willydread,

I grew those a couple years ago along side GN Thai stick and Koh Chang Thai, and they are dwarfed and hybridized in character. Hard to say for sure but my bet would be not pure...and they had intersexual tendencies.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

Snype

Veteran
Hola willydread,

I grew those a couple years ago along side GN Thai stick and Koh Chang Thai, and they are dwarfed and hybridized in character. Hard to say for sure but my bet would be not pure...and they had intersexual tendencies.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

I have seed of Momma Thai as well. Can you explain if it was good and potent?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi,i'm looking for a pure sativa to cross with tfd haze(but also breed it pure),i saw that thai is a bloom quickly,11 week,what do you think?thank you!(and sorry for my wrong english ;)

Look for seeds sold as "Full Moon."
Can't recall the collectors but they're collected during the Full Moon party in Thailand.
;)

geneva_sativa

There is a thread in the DJ forum, i think is called My Thais, IIRC and has some info earlier and then later in thread re: Mama Thai , seemed a pretty good report in my memory

Texan

I grew a 10 pack of Mama Thai from Seedsman. Most finished 14-16 weeks and I had two that went 20.

All very potent. The 20 weekers didn't feel potent when I first tried it but after 5 months of cure, it was very very psychedelic.

There was some variation on size height and structure but the effect and aromas were uniform. Lime green leaves that were very skinny fingered, with bamboo like stems. Smelled like spice, citric with some earth.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Mama thai is thai x skunk....finally i know....

I'm not sure about that, after some reports from a friend... they were the latest flowering ones at his garden and he had many other tropical sativas as well.

You can see how TFD was selling also both Pure Thai and Thai/Skunk, probably sourced from Cultivator's Choice stock. The Thai-Tanic was much faster, 12 weeks max. :tiphat:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Potency was good, lots of purpling in the buds, sweet tropical fruit and lemon bouquet, and fairly energetic:) Overall I would.give it a 7 out of 10.

Saludos

RC_Colas

acespicoli

They have them at von seedsman, I got them because they looked like thai bag seed I grew out in 1989
Here is the description I found.

Seedsman - Mama Thai
Genetics: Thai
Variety: Pure Sativa
Type: Pure-bred, Traditional Landrace
Harvest Date: November
Flowering Period: 11 weeks
THC Content: 22%
Characteristics: Large, productive, potent pure Sativa.

This is one of our most impressive sativas not for yield but for taste and effect. Our breeders have continually selected the most early maturing, and vigorous growing phenotypes from their Thai genetics to help shorten the usually very lengthy Thai sativas flowering period. At the same time they have aimed to maintain the other beneficial characteristics, and we are more than happy with the results. The optimum THC content of this plant lies around 22% and this gives a clear, strong cerebral high. Beware this can sometimes seem a little hallucinogenic in strong doses.

This strain now flowers in 11 weeks so is more suitable for indoors than out. Although it will grow happily in greenhouses, that will protect it from any early frosts. It will also grow outside in warmer climates such as around the Mediterranean.

This plant can grow large when allowed and produces light fluffy sativa buds favoured more by the connoisseur than by cultivators growing for yield.

Texan

I have another 10 pack of mama that i bought a few years ago. I think im going to pop them indoors this time!

meizzwang

Mama thai is thai x skunk....finally i know....

I can't vouch for seedsman's mama thai, but the WOS version didn't seem hybridized (at least back in 2009 or so). Outdoors it was harvested in late November, but probably could have gone a little longer. Despite being exposed to cold rain for almost a month, it had zero mold issues. I suspect if skunk was mixed it, it would have rotted away before harvest time.

Seedsman's description about mama thai seems a little off too, WOS had the exact same cloned description on their offering. They imply this plant isn't grown for yield, but it has crazy HEAVY yields. Even small 2' clones produced a nice sized nugget.

I think the main plant pictured below grew 12' tall despite pinching the hell out of it. It was definitely as big as a tree! Here's the plant in preflower, notice it's almost as tall as the roof of the house:
31802095050_2f12ee9d97_c.jpg

Closer shot of the preflowers:
31802104020_9625375dd1_c.jpg

Crappy picture, but here's the plant about a week before harvest. No hermi issues whatsoever. The rain really beat the shit out of this plant, and there was one very heavy storm that split the main stem in half! It was a nightmare repairing it because the branches were just so heavy. The buds became so massive they couldn't hold their own weight and were flopping over:
32138873186_c908f87c5e_c.jpg

Cold temps brought out purple colors:
31366720573_60d82c5b26_c.jpg

32028874912_577e863219_c.jpg

I remember it had a very clear high, but it really needed 2-3 months of curing before it became potent. It was one of those zero body effect and all in the head experiences, but I can't remember the flavor, which probably means it wasn't very note-worthy. I bet with many plants you can find good flavors in mama thai, but literally only one seed was popped, so it's not the best representation of the strain.

acespicoli

meizzwang
That is a beauty.
:bow::woohoo:

I have some really fun memories of that high
It was the kinda stay up motivated laughing buzz that was really hallucinogenic
The smell and bag appeal was nice too from a brown bag cure mmmm....

I remember a sweet spicy grassy smell, how was the WOS?

The memories :D

meizzwang

I can't quite remember the flavor, but I do remember this exact clone didn't stand out of the crowd. The effects were "typical" for a sativa being all in the head, and potency-wise it was moderate, not devastating. I think you have to pheno hunt in order to get something memorable and super flavorful. Nevertheless, it's a really beautiful plant and absolutely a pleasure to grow! The stem was so thick that a pipe was made out of it! I'll have to snap a photo sometime...

Anyhow, a few more pics of mama thai:

31802065170_6c8d537cfe_c.jpg

31335695294_7ed130417a_c.jpg

A bucket load of flower tops ready to manicure:
32028844292_ff3412b69c_c.jpg