What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucas VS. Advanced Nutrients

MileHighGuy

Veteran
@ Dudesome - One day I'll be as cool as you, and grow the dankest organic shit ever. Until I get the chance to grow 100% for myself, I have to go the way I'm going.

The argument here never had anything to do with ORGANIC VS. CHEM

@BirdManFlyHigh - Advanced has SEVERAL root beni's that you're supposed to use all at once. I'd say the Great White would replace the Tarantula Better... Which I wasn't using.

Anyways, this is retarded, Someone close this thread, nothing good can come from it.

Had I known that my Comparison grow was accepted before I already started, I would have had a much better scientific experiment... instead of a weak experiment that failed to prove much except that I'm lazy when it comes to daily tasks and would rather use lucas with H202 and never have a problem.

But hey, I'm loving Overdrive from advanced!

toohighmf

Veteran
I made it work very well for years. Lucas or rez/h3ad mix works great. I modified it with silicate & humics
It's not always the riduculous ratios, but the order of how you mix advanced really effects ANs potential, and margin for error. The more adds in the res, the more the PH fluctuates. Of course Lucas or maxibloom rocks. It's PH buffered and easy. Hard to screw up.
Your question about your skills is hard for me to be honest and "nice" at the same time. I'm just going to lay it out there. It's good to understand what are in these products, and why we use them. If you can manage 7+ products. Mix them in the proper order, and worry a little more about your ENVIRONMENT & ENVIRONMENT & uh what else... oh Yeah ENVIRONMENT!!! It's hard to screw up when your environment and PH is in the proper range.

nwcoast233

an vs lucas

an vs lucas

To have GOOD results with advanced you must read the back of the bottles all the way. You do not need to add h2 or f1 when using any advanced base nutrient. another thing.... always monitor you ph and your ppm. weather it be before you water or checking the run off/ acumulated nutes. any comments on my opinions are happily accepted :)

toohighmf

Veteran
To have GOOD results with advanced you must read the back of the bottles all the way. You do not need to add h2 or f1 when using any advanced base nutrient. another thing.... always monitor you ph and your ppm. weather it be before you water or checking the run off/ acumulated nutes. any comments on my opinions are happily accepted :)

alrighty then. comments and opinions inbound!

First off, welcome to ICmag forums. I am not trying to insult you. HOWEVER.. Why should we read the whole advanced Nutrients label?

1) It's bullshit.

2) AN bottles never tell you what's really in the bottle.

3) the very bottle logo you speak of is what gets AN pulled from shelves more than ANY other brand.

4) Money back guarantee.. Call AN and ask for your money back. guess where they send you...

5) Anyone dumb enough to pay out the nose for supposed researched cannabis specific fertilizer and not realize you are A: paying to beta test their copied crap comprised of the cheapest minerals and components around & B: You obviously don't understand that MOST hydroponic fertilizer co's are cannabis specific. They just don't have to put a black eye on everything related to this ILLEGAL crop.

6) F1 and H2 are 2 products almost worth using if you got it for free.. Humic and fulvic are important when your EDTA chelated dogshit don't do the job. They also increase all the good things bud fagtor X and bud candy do without altering the flavor of your weed, while expotentially increasing uptake, terpine, flavonoid, and of course Trichromes.. It's the only 2 additives in the whole line actually worth using.

I have so much more to say, but I think you get my drift.:wave:

I am excited to see the comparison. Big props for putting your money and half a grow at stake. I'm gonna laugh if/when 10 bottles harm you more than help! use the AN line moderately. every additive you mix is going to destroy any chance of stable PH, so watch that. try to run your PPM under 1200. Connoisseur is very potent. I wouldn't add more than 500ppm of conny base. you wil have another 400PPM+ of all those additives when properly mixed.
:tiphat: My hat is off to ya!

nwcoast233

Hell Ya! I love a good debate! Thanks for the welcome, ive been a silent member for a few good years but havent felt my opinion was necessary..... now!

First off, congrats on over 2,000 post, sounds like you need a job. or a gooood hobby, personally i like disc golf. try it out

2) now come on. how old are we? not read the whole label? thats just plain stupid. :comfort: bullshit? yes, most the claims of increased yields are way out of hand but every enviroment is different, so basing yours and other so called growers bad experiences all simply from not watching intake ppm, acumulating nutes and ph. which is weird considering you dont read the labels i would think you would be all about enviromental control... :)

3) Now why the hell would any nutrients company tell you every ingridient in their formula. that doesnt sound like a wise buisiness decision.

4) The bottles i speak of? h2 anf f1? Sensi A&B? connousuer a&b? huh? i dont care what bottles get pulled off shelves I was informing current andvanced nutients user that they do not need to add additional h2 f1 , or wet betty and whatever other bullshit they throw in their formulas to make them more effective. way to many growers over supplement.
use a good blend of microryzae like great white or orca
sensi grow
connousuer bloom
sensizyme
nirvana bloom enhancer
bud candy
that is if you like advanced. i personally havent found a product to outperform house and garden coco a&b with proper use of supplements.

5) wow now with the money back guarantee bullshit. why are you calling advanced over a couple bottles? go to the shop you bought them at and they should help you out. either recomending another product, or they will tack hammer your refund money to your forehead for not understanding ppm/ec or even ph.

6) now with the people you say are dumb and " pay out the nose" for their nutes. I reccomend chiling out taking a valium or a zanax, cause the meds your growing arent doing the job. these people have either been shut down by people not willing to share info, or are simply trying to grow the cleanest medicine they can, whatever the cost may be. By the way alot of these people are terminally ill..... :(

7) OH indeed h2 and f1 are benificail but once again your werent reading labels, like i said I was trying to inform people that currently use advanced nutes base that they are already in the formulas! stop over using supplements come on now! and yeah humic and fulvic acids increase the effectiveness of magnesium along with sugars and carbs. but any idiot with half a brain knows that. :tiphat:

I too would love to keep going but i have a feeling your picking up what im throwing down.:dueling: and once again reply asap with any info just incase i have mis informed anyone :wave:

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag NWCoast233. Bro TooHighMF ROCKED the whole AN line. READ HIS THREADS! Experience speaks louder than the print on the bottles. Good luck on your grows and bless us with some pics if you have the time.

As for whomever wants to know about MaxiBloom.. I use 1.5tsp per gallon of water (1kW and higher). On KoolBloom days I add 1tsp of KB to the already 1.5tsp of MB. This makes the mix HOT!!! But the shit WORKS!!!!!

PS. Most people on this board are not looking to pickup what you drop. They just want the members to be their best at this hobby. I use GH and I DARE ANYONE pull an AN plant that looks frostier than mine. "not gonna happen" Because I use the mofuggin REZIPE!!

Last edited:

toohighmf

Veteran
NW coast if you been on here for years silently and broke your vow for this thread. I feel for you holmes. Also. How do I debate with you, who has nothing to argue with. you waste your money on house n garden! at least it is a much better fertilizer than AN. it's still less than 1% of what grows quality buds. Before you debate with me me, I suggest you grow another 20 years, own a shop or 3, and represent a snake oil peddler like I did.. If you been on here for so long, you couldn't miss me. therefore I think you are full of sh--it. I didn't come to this thread to debate. I came to educate you, as you know jack shit! you can lead a horse to water.... Oh and some day when you are semi retired, you'll a few extra hours to educate twerps like you. Get a job? Get a fuckin book brah! I know more about cannabis, fertilizer, additives, methods, styles etc than I ever wanted to. You don't know fuck all and you want to debate? read the AN bottles. they should teach you everything you need to know! :rolleyes: 1 more thing long time lurker... Piss Off! the boys at rollitup.org are missing you!

nwcoast233

I didnt break any vow, I have social anxiety buddy. grow another twenty years? represent snake oil peddlers? sounds like you have plenty of "stories" and tons of experience. Along with a few faithful friends on here. Thats all great! Also cool you own 3 grow shops.
I now know your a badass around here, I will remember to think before i post. sorry i picked the wrong fight.
Now get a book?! which ones? maybe botany wasnt a good idea. educate me than! and you are assuming alot from a screen name and two simple post.
And You can guarantee i am going to piss off. One reason, douche bags like you who have done it all.
"I know more about cannabis, fertilizer, additives, methods, styles etc than I ever wanted to."
I hope you spend as much time dialing your environment as you do with everything else brah!
As for being a lurker, I guess i was. i never felt it was necessary to post when its alot more fun to read what people are dealing with... you can guarantee i am done with online know it all's like your self. But, this is or was the only website i used to waist my time on, you can guarantee im over it :) thanks
as with grow shops i love checking out what other shops carry and push. so maybe we will meet later in life :thank you:

sorry if i sounded butt hurt im not. just wanted to properly explain my self

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
thats just plain stupid.

douche bags like you
Bro you sound like you have good knowledge but the name calling makes you seem bitter. ICMag is the best forum because it's tight nit. Just come in and grow bro. Keep it green and smoke one for all of us cause I'm going to smoke one for you right now!! Peace out like tile grout!!

PS. we love to grow. Now that we found common ground friendship is just around the roll up..

Ghost Face

i do use AN and get good result from it. Just avoid buying the less useful products. You can get the same or almost same result with any other competitor product. Just learn to read your plant and your set :)

nwcoast233

Your right that was bitter of me to result to name calling. And, straight up childish. :(
I was simply trying to educate people who are interested in using advance the way its intended. maybe theyre labels vary per state. In the great state of oregon the sensi a&b, connousiuer, iguana, and grow micro bloom all claim to include h2, f1, wet betty, and adequate amounts of calcium and magnesium. which is of coure is debatable.
I never claimed to be educated or meant to start a wild fire.
original msg.
an vs lucas
To have GOOD results with advanced you must read the back of the bottles all the way. You do not need to add h2 or f1 when using any advanced base nutrient. another thing.... always monitor you ph and your ppm. weather it be before you water or checking the run off/ acumulated nutes. any comments on my opinions are happily accepted
smile.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand ic mag is tight knit, I should have never chose to comment on advanced in anyway, now i know better. i also never meant to dog the ole faithful lucas formula if i did.

I am not a bitter person in any way, and never ment to come off as a know it all. I know im crazy tho!:jump: I treat everyone i know or talk to with respect, the first comment to my post i felt was just a punch in the gut.

SumDumGuy thank you for your input i appriciate it. :tiphat:

Toohighmf i appoligize i didnt mean to insult your intelligence with the reading the label coment, it was more intended to be a joke. Reading back i can see I created the problem. sorry again man

emilyC

are we going to see any pics? or is this just another BS thread for shittalking?

good luck on your project.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wish we could have seen this, i have just switched to lucas (maxibloom) and floralicious and some other additives, too bad, maybe next time, thanks for the try mile high guy... maybe next time

B

BrnCow

I think that anyone that tries to us ANs feed chart has not got a clue and is bound to burn the fuck outta the plants. Start out with about 1/4 of the chart does or 250 PPM of Sensi Grow A & B with RO water. Add a few PPM of Sensi Cal to make up for the RO water, run until you want to start flowering, do a hit of Bud Blood a week before you start to flower, and a shot of Overdrive when the feed chart says to add...be careful and start at 1/4 strength on all of the AN line...drain rez and refill with Final for 24 hours at recommended dose then change rez again with straight RO for 7-14 days. Change again if the PPMS get very high...this is about what I have seen my buds do in their hydro units and they come out with Grade A - A- that will sell right next to Grade A soil. The soil seems to be stronger sometimes but not by enough to worry about.. all of this ignorant nonsense in this thread is just rooking blather. Get to know how to use both nutes before you try an A & B run. You need more experience in both brands in my opinion...and don't let net words sway you. No one likes the Big Mike marketing bs but if you subtract Big Mike out of the equation and use science, it will work as well as anything else out here. All of the add ons are a bonus at times if you know what you are doing. AN appears to mix stuff differently and some stuff is missing in their Sensi A & B stuff that B-52 and other stuff adds on certain plants. Try it again with working up to a max dose of 700 PPM and see how it comes out. Skip all of the add ons if you want. The bud Blood does add many extra nodes on certain phenos. Bud candy is okay. Carboload has a couple of the others added together. Just a hell of a lot to learn by doing. Later...

G

Guest 18340

Thought Lucas was done w 2 parts of gh flora series? How do u run lucas w maxi bloom?
Yes, the Lucas ratio is GH Micro and Bloom only (8ml/gal, 16ml/gal). But a similar formula can be achieved with Maxibloom @ 7 grams/gal.

Latest posts

Latest posts