What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Kush, crazy monkey style

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaHateSea

I just animated this entire thread in my head and it was so stellar that my eyeballs had orgasms. Or maybe all that beautiful purple brought on the eyegasms.

No matter, great grow and I look forward to you NOT getting banned again so we can learn the way of the domesticated salamander.

peace.

P

purplesupremacy

Numbers coming in.

Yield per 1000w light: 1.91# of all dark, dense purple. No fluff, popcorn, or green bud. Buds cleanly snap off stem w/ hands.

100% truth.

I expect the SDS Style will crack the 2# barrier.

P

purplesupremacy

Yup. Surprised even myself. My last round (1st) with this strain yielded about 1.25# per 1kw. Goal going into this round was 1.5# per, which I perceived to be an achievable, yet "no cakewalk" situation. Towards the end, I expected to beat that goal slightly, somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.6# per.

As I started to trim and hang them, I suddenly realized the race for 2# per was on. Actually, I started to realize as I was cutting branches down, but I didn't want to get too excited as I knew what a "poodle" these things can be, and didn't want to let myself down from a temporary, newly-set goal based on an hour's worth of observation.

Unfortunately, I came up a little short.

What's comforting and encouraging is that I would have hit that 2#, if I were loosely "hippy trimming" these buds like many do. Instead, they're tightly trimmed and manicured once-over, before hitting the turkey bags.

*pats self on back*

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Damn bro. 1.9? Way to hit a home-run.

So is Sneaky Domesticated Salamander style the Magnum to your Blue-steel? :joint:

TeaHateSea

Fluffy Wind Poodle Style is no match for the monkey king. Nice yield of some great herb, especially considering the strain. Peeps love the purps for that "hot shit bag appeal". You've set a high bar for your next grow but I definitely look forward to more SneakDomSal details, pics and such.

Isn't it great when you actually surpass your expectations on a finalized grow?

P

purplesupremacy

I used to, but the accounts with those pictures got deleted.

Y

YosemiteSam

respect. does domestic salamander style involve fewer plants per light?

Y

YosemiteSam

Looking forward to seeing it. Less plants is much safer in CO, especially if I can stay under 99 total.

Got a question about your trimmers...do you need to trim before drying with them? I like to hang the plants whole but then I kinda gotta dig the leafs out with the point of Friskars to cut them off...wondering if that is even possible with automated trimmers.

P

purplesupremacy

Some fun pictures from the harvest.

More wet buds. I have lots of these pictures.

This was the re-trim/manicure + crotch calyx pile, aka "blunt jar". I used to not save this, but looking at how much adds up, I'm very glad I did this time.

Pretty solid.

This was the "average edge plant", completely dry and ready to cure. 46g.

Some of the top buds, dry.

Some nugglets.

P

purplesupremacy

No I did not get, or target, huge colas; in fact I specifically trained against it.

P

purplesupremacy

Not terrible, average representation of a pound. I have some darker ones, I promise.

You can break a window with these...

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
"Crotch calyxes" lol

My girl collects every last one of those on harvest days. She's also good at finding buds in the carpet. :joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.