What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana PPP Coco Scrog

severian

You definitely have your system dialed in. I have some PPP at 6 weeks and am just as impressed with them as you are. I have noticed that they really produce lots of flowers. Can't wait for your smoke report.

KosmoKramer

So these were showing sex during veg 24/7? YIKES

I've never had any strain show sex until I've flipped them. Very strange IMO.

Anyhoo they look good. I have 2 packs of these as well. Seeing as they show so early, I will be passing these on to someone.

Good Luck

floralheart

Veteran

Anyhoo they look good. I have 2 packs of these as well. Seeing as they show so early, I will be passing these on to someone.

Good Luck
I had one go male in 24/7 veg. Another went male quicker than most do in 12/12. The female was apparent in Veg, but took 2 weeks to start showing full on flowers in 12/12.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Thanks for all of the replies. The PPPs are doing great. #2 seems to be finishing quicker than #1 & #3. I am still planning on 70 days.

For mostly CFLs they look awesome.

I agree. These plants were supposed to go to a newbie grower, but he backed out. So, this grow is really a side show to my BOG/Fairytale plants on the top level.

Due to ventilation constraints, I could not run a hood and ducting on the lower level. I was also on a budget and wanted to use an existing 150 watt HPS.

I am quite happy with the results so far. The low temp CFLs let the plants almost touch the bulbs. This allows for max lumens to colas.

Nicely done m8. You really kept those girls in check.

I have been doing a bit of topping. I must confess that I have been out of smoke for 3-4 weeks and quick drying the tops. I know that I am hurting my yield, but I am allowing more light to the lower portions. I will be making hash out of a large portion of the PPP crop.

Good Luck

Well, I am not sure how long that you have been growing, but MJ plants SHOULD show sex (pre-flowers) under 24/0 lighting eventually from seed. Pre-flowers have to do with sexually maturity and plants do mature under 24/0 just at a slightly slower rate.

It can be harmful (hermies) to switch plants to 12/12 that have not shown sex. The PPP took 4 weeks to show sex and my BOG plants took 7 weeks.

I don't think that early maturing has any negatives at all. You should really give your PPPs a shot, as these seem to be GREAT plants.

WFF

pong

Hey!!! so nice to see a ppp scrog.

i am about to do a 12 (2 sour d 10 ppp) plant in 5 gal hydroton/(coco/perlite) on drippers 1200 watt scrog over a 6 by 4 ft area. (50w/ft)

one question i have for you is how much stretch the PPP has?

when you flipped were there any vertical shoots or was everything tied down?

How much of the scrog should i fill before flipping?

does every node on the screen you have form a bud.?

do you spread the growth in a linear fashion or do you twist and bend it around in all differnt directions?

this is alot of questions i know i am just so eager to learn from the experienced as much as possible!!!.

thanks alot ICMAG!!!!

im kind of a newb grower and have only gotten .75 g/w before i am shooting for 1 so any help is appreciated.!!!

what advice would you give to somebody like me?!?!

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
one question i have for you is how much stretch the PPP has?

My PPPs did stretch quite a bit. I would say that the plants doubled in height.

when you flipped were there any vertical shoots or was everything tied down?

The tips were just coming through the screen (1-2 inches) when I flipped.

How much of the scrog should i fill before flipping?

I would say about 80% of the screen was filled before flipping.

does every node on the screen you have form a bud.?

I would guess that I have 50 screen nodes and about 40 plant nodes. I have a few gaps in the corners, but those spots get the least amount of light in my setup.

do you spread the growth in a linear fashion or do you twist and bend it around in all differnt directions?

I did mine in a linear fashion. I have 3 plants that are staggered. One goes forward, the next back and last forward.

Hope this helps.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 70 Flowering

Day 70 Flowering

Sorry for the lack of an update. One of the PPP finished alot earlier than the other two and got the chop at Day 58. I wanted to better utilize the 150 HPS in the center - so I cut the scrog screen and moved the plants.

Here are some pics from today of the last two. They are both getting chopped and trimmed later this afternoon.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I will post some dried shots and smoke report at a later date. Thanks for stopping by.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Dried Pics

Dried Pics

Here are a few shots of some of the dried PPP. It is curing in glass jars now. Smoke report in a few weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

WFF

OPT

damn, that is really awesome colors, mine are at day 40ish and have no color at all yet. When did they start to change?

OPT

severian

Yeah, I want to know how you finished those at 60 days. Mine are at 70 days and very little color. Very nice job.

Latest posts

Latest posts