You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > USA Outdoor Grow Security

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Best Value Vacs for extraction devices
USA Outdoor Grow Security Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2017, 09:36 PM #1
brown_thumb

brown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to behold
USA Outdoor Grow Security

I live in a crappy state regarding MJ laws (south Texas). I have a few plants I'm growing for medical needs.

I live on two acres but my back yard is fenced off with 8 feet tall metal panels. The gates are locked and no one can see what's in there except from the air. The area is 30x65 linear feet.

Since I'm searching for MMJ strains, I want to grow several varieties to find what helps the most. I want to grow 20-40 plants at a time until I find the best mother(s) to make clones.

Should I worry about flyovers??
brown_thumb is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2017, 10:29 PM #2
Green Squall

Green Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant future
Sounds like you would be in felony territory if caught. Very risky.
https://norml.org/laws/item/texas-penalties-2

You can still achieve you goals indoors, just on a smaller scale. What medical needs are you growing for?
Green Squall is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:03 PM #3
brown_thumb

brown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to beholdbrown_thumb is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
Sounds like you would be in felony territory if caught. Very risky.
https://norml.org/laws/item/texas-penalties-2

You can still achieve you goals indoors, just on a smaller scale. What medical needs are you growing for?
True... I could lose everything I own plus my freedom.

However, this state leaves me few choices: Either I take the poisons offered by greedy pharma at prices I can't afford to pay, do without any treatment, or risk growing my own meds.

I bought CMH 315w fixtures to grow indoors but I've yet to convert the grow space due to lack of funds. So, for now, I must grow outside.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:01 PM #4
Pepé The Grower

Pepé The Grower is just really nicePepé The Grower is just really nicePepé The Grower is just really nicePepé The Grower is just really nicePepé The Grower is just really nicePepé The Grower is just really nicePepé The Grower is just really nicePepé The Grower is just really nicePepé The Grower is just really nicePepé The Grower is just really nice
Try lst-ing your plants as much as possible, they'll be less seen from the sky...and maybe plant them as small patchs, and use the vegetation to hide them a bit.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:41 PM #5
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
Keep plant count minimal. A good plant can be found with only a few growing.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of quality connoisseur cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 10 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2017, 06:53 PM #6
brown_thumb

I neglected to answer Green Squall's question: I'm searching for Parkinson's Disease treatment or cure, and for other ills.

Thanks for the advice so far. Spreading the plants out and hiding them among brush, etc. is a good idea but I wouldn't be physically able to care for them. I need them all close together to minimize physical difficulty.

I'll consider growing fewer plants but want to assure I grow plenty because stuff happens... they could all lollipop or otherwise produce little, some probably will die, and one friend is a shameless moocher.

I was hoping I wouldn't need to be stealthy as long as nothing can be seen from the ground. Trespassers could find them if they find a gate to go through but those folks are up to no good so all they might do is steal. Trespassers aren't likely to report their findings because it would implicate them for their crime.

My major concern is aircraft flying over, searching for grows. How likely is it I need to worry?

Old 08-12-2017, 08:44 PM #7
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_thumb View Post
Trespassers aren't likely to report their findings because it would implicate them for their crime.
here in TN, trespassers get a "get out of jail free" card if they are reporting a crime. police will NOT prosecute if you find a still, pot patch, stolen cars, buried bodies etc. i know a fellow that the local LEO had a convicted burglar break into his house so the alarm would go off while he was at work & they got to respond to the "scene of the crime". oddly enough, they took a drug-sniffing dog to respond to a burglar alarm. burglar got a reduction in sentence for "cooperation". they took this fellows house, got him fired from his job, plus a jail sentence. strangely, his house burned down before they could auction it off. karma? i think NOT! fucking pigs...

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:03 PM #8
brown_thumb

Yes, confiscation laws are one of the many evils of our thieving Oligarchy. However, my supposition is, most stupid thieves aren't likely to know those laws and even if they do, they're not likely to take the risk. I'm really more worried about aerial reconnaissance.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:16 AM #9
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_thumb View Post
Should I worry about flyovers??
Christ yes.

There was an article in Sinsemilla Tips about 30 years ago, written by a guy in Humboldt.

He built a custom greenhouse with 50% shade-cloth. He described the feeling of standing in the greenhouse with his plants during a flyover, where he could see the plane and he was finding out if they could see him.

He survived to write the article.

Losing 50% of your light makes it hard for the plant to really perform. Another stealth option is to use high-efficiency LED lighting under the shade-cloth.

As long as the temps don't get too hot, your plants get enough light.

I would do a fly-over myself, using one of those contract pilots with small planes.

See what your set-up looks like from up above.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 08-13-2017, 01:23 AM #10
troutman

troutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to behold
Flyovers are probably rare if you keep quiet and don't tell anyone anything.

You may want to try to keep your plants short for the 1st time out.

60 trees that are 15' tall in a backyard overnight may stick out a little.