You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > RIP Glen Campbell

Thread Title Search
Click for Weed Seed Shop
RIP Glen Campbell Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2017, 12:36 AM #1
minds_I
The Emperor is not only naked but batshit crazy.

minds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud of
RIP Glen Campbell

a victim of Alzheimer's at the age of 81...another great gone.

His contempt for objective truth is the rejection of democratic accountability, an implicit demand that his supporters place undying faith in him. Because the only measure of truth he accepts is what he claims at any given moment, the power his supporters vest in him is unlimited. Sound familiar?
If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.
In the United States, under our Constitution, a free press is a check on politicians of all parties. If we are to demand that other countries respect the tradition of a free press we must also practice that here at home.
Let the people know the facts, and the country will be safe.
minds_I is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:40 AM #2
Gry
Hash Tea

Gry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud of
RIP sir.

From Wrecking Crew Wiki:
Though Glen Campbell became better known as a highly successful country music artist in his own right, he played guitar in the Wrecking Crew during the 1960s and appeared along with them on several of the Beach Boys' classics of the period such as "I Get Around" and "Help Me Rhonda".[80] In 1965 he toured with the Beach Boys, and in 1966 he and the Wrecking Crew played on the Pet Sounds album.[81][nb 4] Campbell enlisted the Wrecking Crew as a backup unit on many of his own solo records during the 1960s, such as on "Gentle on My Mind", and on two songs written by Jimmy Webb, "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" and his single "Wichita Lineman". Members more recently backed Glen Campbell in his song "I'm Not Gonna Miss You"

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:48 AM #3
sdd420

sdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to all
sdd420 has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
He won't be forgotten. I listen every day and loved all his songs. He is a great Pandora station too. Thanks for everything Glen

dont count the days make the days count
Legal medical patient

_________
“Make the most you can of the Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln
sdd420 is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2017, 03:22 AM #4
noyd666
OUTLAWS GREEN ROOMS.

noyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivor
very easy to listen to, R.I.P GLEN CAMPBELL.

Last edited by noyd666; 08-13-2017 at 01:56 AM..
noyd666 is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2017, 03:29 AM #5
Stoner4Life
Medicinal Advocate

Stoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivor

very sad, one of the 'Greats' of my generation.......

This is a very sad song he wrote once diagnosed

I'm Not Gonna Miss You

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

R.I.P. Glen
Stoner4Life is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:20 AM #6
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
Before my time- my uncle, a great git-ar player and awesome fiddler, actually gave Glen guitar lessons as a young teen when he lived in ABQ in the mid '50's. Glen then joined his uncle's band, Dick Bill's & the Sandia Mountain Boys(Gang) on the radio.

Later, when I was a kid in the '60's, I was on the the Dick Bill's TV show (peanut gallery bleachers) that ran old Lone Ranger and Gene Autry episodes. Great times.

To the Wichita Lineman...RIP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6211438037_4768446f26_b.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	423244
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770

Last edited by aridbud; 08-09-2017 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: pic
aridbud is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:39 PM #7
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
Another legend gone. He was bigger than how big he was and not a lot of people really know how much he contributed to the music industry. He will be missed but not forgotten.

RIP Glen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LyxSRPBYLA
Betterhaff is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:13 PM #8
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond reputeDoobieDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Fellow musician, rip, he battled a long time...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:15 AM #9
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of light
My brother is a very accomplished guitarist. He can break down and play anything. He recently began playing Wichita Lineman in his regular rotation. I can see it is very difficult and has some interesting chord combinations. Just last week he started working up "Galveston", a beautiful song that was a big hit. I never realized it was an anti Vietnam war song, but I was just a kid when it came out. My bro says this song is hard as shit to play.

I also remember the summer that he guest hosted for the Smothers Brothers when they took their summer break. Back when you had 3 channels. He was big from the start, destined for greatness after cutting his teeth in sessions with the wrecking crew, much like Duane Allman did with the swampers.
ronbo51 is offline Quote

Old 08-13-2017, 01:47 AM #10
troutman

troutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to behold
I woke up this morning saying "He's a rhinestone cowboy." LOLZ