Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Sweet Seeds > Test Grows > S.A.D. S1 // Black Jack // Ice Cool

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Seedsman for Cannabis Seeds
S.A.D. S1 // Black Jack // Ice Cool Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2017, 04:08 PM #1
Mohadib

Mohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the rough
S.A.D. S1 // Black Jack // Ice Cool

Hello everyone,

Earlier this year I was lucky enough to win first prize in one of the monthly Sweet Seeds Photographic Contests, and so I was gifted three packs of 5+2 seeds of my choice: SAD S1, Black Jack and Ice Cool (who would have though, considering the title of this thread).

Anyway, because of ongoing space issues it took me quite some time to be able to start this 'project'. And since I have so many interesting things to grow out, I will have to 'hunt' through these ladies one by one.

Since I'm exclusively growing for my own supply, I only use a 250 watt HPS for flowering, so please don't expect giant buds. However, I'm sure you'll get an idea of what the different strains have to offer regardless.
I'm using conventional soil that I amend with perlite, gypsum and some quicklime as a long term PH buffer. Pot sizes vary from 1 to 2 gallons (this time, all three are in 1 gallon pots).
I only use nutrients when I think they're needed, so I don't follow any kind of strict feeding regime. I use nothing special - conventional stuff as well, since I have never noticed any differences to dedicted nutrient lines (except for the price). So you might call me a minimalist in these regards. The plants don't seem to mind

BTW: I'm planning on making weekly updates, until I chop them, but I cannot promise it'll always work out, because, you know, life might get in the way^^

Last but not least, I want to use this opportunity to shout out another big "Thank you!" to the Sweet Seeds team for their generosity and - of course - their nice genetics!

Now to the (hopefully) more interesting part...

Currently the first three plants are at flowering day 7 (from flipping to 12/12):

S.A.D. S1

She grew flawlessly from day one. Very beautyful leaf shape and a nice strong structure. I'm supprised by her stretch though. Within one week she grew about 30% taller...
Her aroma is already very pronounced and very complex: Earth, musk, peaches, chocoloate and a slight 'smoke' aroma. Really, really nice!

To be continued

Last edited by Mohadib; 08-04-2017 at 11:05 AM..
Mohadib is offline Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:20 PM #2
Mohadib

Mohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the roughMohadib is a jewel in the rough
Black Jack

She grew just as well as the SAD. Considering the leaf structure as well as the plant structur altogether, this pheno seems to be very Jack Herer dominant. This is also reflected by her aroma, which is rather subtle, but very nice: A nice and light skunk smell that's accompanied by a gentle citrus note - just the way I know JH. I'm really looking forward for some nice incensy buds :-)

Tbc...
Mohadib is offline Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:25 PM #3
Mohadib

Ice Cool

The Ice Cool was a little slower at the beginning and stayed comparetively small. After the flip she caught up nicely though.
She has a really strong and peculiar aroma of Thai food and lemon.
From the character and 'thickness' of the smell, I'd say that she will reward me with some very, very rich and tasty buds!

So much for now
Mohadib is offline Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:40 PM #4
microbe

microbe is on a distinguished road
salut.moi aussi j ai de la SAD. pas beaucoup de strech pour moi aussi. mais super sympa a tous point de vue...bonne chance: Tiphat:
microbe is offline Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:04 AM #5
Mohadib

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbe View Post
salut.moi aussi j ai de la SAD. pas beaucoup de strech pour moi aussi. mais super sympa a tous point de vue...bonne chance: Tiphat:
Pardon? French isn't really my strong point
Mohadib is offline Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:09 PM #6
Amaalza
Banned

Amaalza will become famous soon enoughAmaalza will become famous soon enough
You got some super healthy looking plants.am tuned in for the grow
Amaalza is offline Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:16 PM #7
Florere

Florere has a spectacular aura aboutFlorere has a spectacular aura aboutFlorere has a spectacular aura about
Nice. I have Some blackjack too, as a test. Bit smaller. I like the smell
Florere is offline Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:32 PM #8
Mohadib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaalza View Post
You got some super healthy looking plants.am tuned in for the grow
Thanks! Hopefully something something interesting comes from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florere View Post
Nice. I have Some blackjack too, as a test. Bit smaller. I like the smell
Nice! Does yours smell similar to mine or is it something completely different?
Mohadib is offline Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:34 PM #9
Florere

Florere has a spectacular aura aboutFlorere has a spectacular aura aboutFlorere has a spectacular aura about
I don't know. Hard to put in words. I find it a bit sweetish lemon smell
Florere is offline Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:17 PM #10
Mohadib

UPDATE - F14 - Black Jack

Black Jack 14 days into flowering; 51 % Stretch. As of yet, she seems to be the fastest of the bunch...

Mohadib is offline Quote