Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

Thread Title Search
New extraction technique? Rosin tech? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 08:25 PM #1
mbalders

New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

Anyone have experience with the Rosin Tech pioneered by the user @soilgrown on instagram? he uses a curling iron to extract oil from flower, no melt bubble, hash, kief, etc. The results of his technique look amazing, clarity and flavor equal or better to high quality solvent extractions, and I was wondering if anyone else has experience with his technique?

1 members found this post helpful.

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 02-23-2015, 08:32 PM #2
krunchbubble
Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad At, Just Be Patient....

krunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalders View Post
Anyone have experience with the Rosin Tech pioneered by the user @soilgrown on instagram? he uses a curling iron to extract oil from flower, no melt bubble, hash, kief, etc. The results of his technique look amazing, clarity and flavor equal or better to high quality solvent extractions, and I was wondering if anyone else has experience with his technique?

Hate it when kats have their shit on private!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330640

1280 Watt Starlite LED Grow - Finished

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=325694
krunchbubble is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:58 PM #3
SkyHighLer
Got me a stone bad Mana

SkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to allSkyHighLer is a name known to all
If it was so easy you could just pack one of these new kitchen appliances, and collect a pan of golden gravy...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H8OATGG/..._t3_B00D7N43UA

Cannabis Alchemy by D. Gold
https://archive.org/stream/CannabisA...ge/n3/mode/2up

Hash oil techniques and solvents for non BHO hash oil?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338633

Solvent polarity
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=162

Last edited by SkyHighLer; 02-23-2015 at 09:11 PM..
SkyHighLer is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2015, 09:18 PM #4
Gry
Hash Tea

Gry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud of
There was a real nice thread here on a method a few years ago. Good description, nice pictures. Thought it had been stickied, it had merit.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:13 PM #5
mbalders

Gry, I had found the extraction technique you're mentioning- it involved a double boiler and heat if im correct... this is slightly different as this "rosin" extraction does depend upon heat( the curling iron) but also involves applying a large amount of physical pressure. I believe the pressure combined with the heat is what makes the "rosin" extraction possible. And the potential of being able to extract full melt resin from flower within minutes is very interesting, just curious to know if anyone out there has tried this and gotten good results.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:28 PM #6
Dr_Dab

Dr_Dab is on a distinguished road
Im also curious about the rosin tek, it was mentioned on hash church this week... Anyone out there that has experience with the technique, would love to hear your input.
Dr_Dab is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2015, 11:14 AM #7
Bionic
Cautiously Optimistic

Bionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud ofBionic has much to be proud of
bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCharlesBarkley
I wild each it LOL that meets their naked
Bionic is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2015, 03:14 PM #8
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21325

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:48 PM #9
ConcentrateChaz

ConcentrateChaz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
i see he is using dry sift/hash to do it, i keep hearing about people sqeezing buds with a hair dryer, but i never see any one actually do it im starting to think its bs
ConcentrateChaz is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2015, 03:53 PM #10
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I fail to see why this is important... this is basically melting hash into an oil right?
what am I missing here?
Boyd Crowder is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.