Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Large scale temporary drying room. Shipping container?

Thread Title Search
Advertise on ICMag - Click for more info
Large scale temporary drying room. Shipping container? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2017, 10:05 AM #1
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura about
Large scale temporary drying room. Shipping container?

Hey guys. I am wondering if y'all had any efficient ways of drying on a large scale. Temporary structures etc. I had originally planned to dry in a Large blacked out greenhouse but I'd really Like to do another run in that greenhouse. Friend's talking about drying in shipping containers got me thinking i could rent a couple containers and i wouldn't have to dry in the greenhouse.
Only Now, I'm hearing conflicting amounts that can be dried in each container. Also, the place that i thought would rent me the containers can Only get me a couple 20 footers. How much do you think can be put in each container and what it's the optimum way to pack them while still having it all accessible?
There had to be some sort of line system that can fit more then i usually do
I'm thinking instead of drying for a week and then binning, i could do a real low humidity, and try to mostly dry in a few days. Then put everything in cardboard boxes in the house to slowly dry and cure the test of the way.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 08-13-2017, 01:33 PM #2
JOJO420

JOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really nice
Yup done it.
Had a couple containers to dry, was ok I guess after we trialed n errored it.
Still working on it...
The whole premise was to keep a low temp and certain humidity.. All went out the door so to speak when we, well opened the doors to get in... total fail
We locked trimmers in the containers with food, water all the amenities . Let em out every couple days ..
Still did not work right.
JOJO420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:27 PM #3
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
lol^^^
~star~crash~ is online now Quote

Old 08-13-2017, 03:35 PM #4
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud of
Depends a lot on where the shipping container is located.

If it's in the SUN - temps can get a lot higher than ambient ... hard on the bud.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 08-13-2017, 05:18 PM #5
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura about
I would put the containers under trees for sure. Or throw some panda on it if i don't have enough space in the shade.
How much do you think can be fit put in the 20ft containers?
I know there are a bunch of people that have big properties with no outbuildings.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:21 PM #6
CrushnYuba

What would be helpful is if people said what size garden was dried in what size area with their given system. And if anyone has ideas for temporary structures other Then containers.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:08 PM #7
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushnYuba View Post
What would be helpful is if people said what size garden was dried in what size area with their given system. And if anyone has ideas for temporary structures other Then containers.
I always thought that a refrigerated trailer for a Semi truck would work great. They're self contained & run on diesel fuel. They dehumidify the air in the trailer, too. The hotter it is outside the trailer the more the AC unit works & the more dehumidification takes place...
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2017, 12:54 AM #8
PdxFarms

PdxFarms will become famous soon enoughPdxFarms will become famous soon enough
They sell insulated containers, although much more expensive.
One thing I can tell you about containers, humidity control is tough. They'll will condensate if the ambient temps inside are higher than outside. Let's say winter time... 45 outside and 65 inside...expect them to sweat and build up humidity. vise verse. Air exchange if possible.

Round here you can have a used (not insulated) 40' in good shape delivered four under 3k
PdxFarms is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2017, 11:01 AM #9
Davesnothere420

Davesnothere420 will become famous soon enoughDavesnothere420 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJO420 View Post
Yup done it.
Had a couple containers to dry, was ok I guess after we trialed n errored it.
Still working on it...
The whole premise was to keep a low temp and certain humidity.. All went out the door so to speak when we, well opened the doors to get in... total fail
We locked trimmers in the containers with food, water all the amenities . Let em out every couple days ..
Still did not work right.
hahahaha sounds like something i would do
Davesnothere420 is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2017, 08:36 PM #10
CrushnYuba

Yea. The condensation and everything is a problem. I'm thinking about making a pvc tunnel with panda film and cheap lumber. Seems like it would work better. I really don't want to use the house ever again and i hate to skip another greenhouse run