Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi style cob cureing

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Twilight Labs
Malawi style cob cureing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2017, 08:02 AM #1751
Dog Star
Fukushima 50

Dog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond repute
It will transform a bit and get those cob sweetness,have also Cheese this run
so we will try it in real time..
Dog Star is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:56 AM #1752
Tangwena

Tangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Hopper View Post
I was wondering what would become of the cheesey or skunky smell after cobbing.
A friend of mine made some cobs from a strain by southern star seeds called "chopper read" named after an Aussie hit man.

The dried buds stink as much as skunk but a different smell.

To use his words "when i opened the vac bag after 2 weeks of curing post sweating, the smell sat me on my ass!".

He was gracious enough to give me a cob, man it smelt like the sweetest nepalese hash and would stink up a room by just opening the bag for a sniff.

It is very strong sativa manic type high and is one of my absolute favorites.

It is not easy to get the cure that way the cob is like hash to cut and very dark.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:40 AM #1753
Old Toker

Old Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really nice
Update on my cob adventure. Made this GT cob back on June 22. Since then have done the 24 hour sweat (170 deg). Vac packed for about two weeks .....opened and dried.....left the corn husk on and re-vacuumed packed. Today (30 days) I opened it (and her sisters)....removed the husk and re-vacuumed for another 30 days. Very dark but still a little moist. Sweet smell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170812_173411.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	423604

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:08 AM #1754
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell is a jewel in the roughSamuel Caldwell is a jewel in the roughSamuel Caldwell is a jewel in the roughSamuel Caldwell is a jewel in the roughSamuel Caldwell is a jewel in the roughSamuel Caldwell is a jewel in the rough
You didn't sample any of them?!?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:53 AM #1755
Old Toker

Old Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Caldwell View Post
You didn't sample any of them?!?
I thought I'd try some patience for once in my life. Going to "attempt" to wait a year before my first taste. Want to make sure I give the girls time to mature.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:22 AM #1756
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Toker View Post
I thought I'd try some patience for once in my life. Going to "attempt" to wait a year before my first taste. Want to make sure I give the girls time to mature.
if you don't try it now, how will you know if its better?

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

WHAT IS THIS? : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....65#post7832665
Snook is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:50 AM #1757
Tangwena

Tangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to beholdTangwena is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Toker View Post
Update on my cob adventure. Made this GT cob back on June 22. Since then have done the 24 hour sweat (170 deg). Vac packed for about two weeks .....opened and dried.....left the corn husk on and re-vacuumed packed. Today (30 days) I opened it (and her sisters)....removed the husk and re-vacuumed for another 30 days. Very dark but still a little moist. Sweet smell.
Hi my friend the recipe sounds right the buds fantastic just dry the cobs slowly and seal them to age.

Of course they will be fine to use once dried but the extra aging after drying really brings out the goodies.

Please post some close ups and cross sections before aging them if you can.

Good on you for giving it such a good go and trusting in the method.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:53 AM #1758
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
I agree then you can appreciate how the high changes over that time. I wish I could be there to help with the sampling you have gold there Old timer.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:40 PM #1759
Old Toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
I agree then you can appreciate how the high changes over that time. I wish I could be there to help with the sampling you have gold there Old timer.
You know I WANTED to try to finally show some patience.....but......NO...you guys INSIST that I sample the cobs.......so....I guess I will do it JUST in order to make you happy. I'll try a tip of one of the cobs when I open them again in 29 days. The question is: Should I dry and smoke it.....or eat it?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:45 PM #1760
Old Toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
I have quite a bit of the same bud that is being cured by the more traditional method. Thought I'd compare the cob with the standard cure. BUT....you are right......HOW will I know whether the cob actually does improve with a longer cure unless I try it early AND later? Certainly we know we can't trust Tangwena....his sole mission in life is to convert ALL of us.