Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Something wicked this way comes

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Something wicked this way comes Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2017, 01:49 AM #551
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

delta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk View Post
Yes, I run co2 as well.

I'm asking if you notice any weed smell on the tank bc it's in the same room as the plants?
hell yes! everything smells like weed here! but nobody gives a shit! pretty cool, huh?
delta9nxs is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:29 AM #552
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really nice
im thinking this cut in a PPK would be a commercial croppers wet dream. this plant is 4x4 but not all the way full on the canopy and in less than 2 gal of media(loose rockwool) i may devote a large portion of the building just for her. she is Harambe from ethos collective out of CO. limited release seeds.

ive got my 12 top sites already made up. gonna order my buckets, pumps and tubing/fittings as soon as these ladies come down and dry up. lots to do. been building my ghetto drying racks. 1" hardware cloth with bamboo supports and a fuck ton of wooden laundry clips to individually hang branches one by one. i would love to whole plant hang but i dont have the room and fear the mold.

soon i will be back among the PPK crew!

......oh and i forgot to mention thats under only 600w of COB LED
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2371.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	423627
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:02 AM #553
newguy41410

newguy41410 has a spectacular aura aboutnewguy41410 has a spectacular aura aboutnewguy41410 has a spectacular aura aboutnewguy41410 has a spectacular aura about
FIRST-TIME GROWER HERE. Just finished my first grow/harvest and if D9 doesn't mind, I would now like to show his guests the power of PPK:

Here's my Harvest Photoshoot Album

Here's a "drone view" of my single plant canopy (Goji OG btw)

Here's the same plant chopped up and on the drying rack (anyone wanna guess yield? )

This plant was vegged for 2 months. LST'd, Topped twice and Flowered for about 85 days. I am one happy camper. Did i mention this is my first time growing a friggin' plant?

HUGE TO D9 FOR CREATING SUCH A DAMN-NEAR-FOOL-PROOF, BORING-YET-FUCKING-AWESOME SYSTEM!!!
newguy41410 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:00 AM #554
Earlmarne

Earlmarne has a spectacular aura aboutEarlmarne has a spectacular aura aboutEarlmarne has a spectacular aura aboutEarlmarne has a spectacular aura about
So I'm sure I am being lazy... been reading on and off for days.
I think these 7g set ups may be too big for me. I'm open to growing trees. I grow in 5g hempies now and end up with 7 footers. Just a long ass veg.
In my coco I let it go through wet dry cycles in veg to stimulate root growth so I can water heavy in flower. I can get by with 1 feed a day with these trees in flower.
My worry is having a root system that can handle these pulse feedings.
I have 11 ft ceilings, trees would help with plant count. Thinking a system with 5 sites in flower n 5 in veg. Would like to stay perpetual though.
Am I naive in thinking that 7g of media is a lot to fill in a 2 month or less veg? If not would a 5g media system be the ticket, and if so is there any builds I could follow?
Also, I'm running Jack's as of now in tempt buckets. Mixing from pre made stock solution w cal nit, 1mg silica 1mg drip clean a g. My stock of Jack's gets all sorts of crap floating.
Thinking on jumping on with your regimen.
Am I right in understanding you use just Jack's, calnit, and Epsom?
What ratio do I need to mix these at? I'm down to do the reading if I could get a helpful direction as to where I can find the info as I'm sure it has been discussed.
Thank you, and I am sorry if I am asking knuckle head crap.
Earlmarne is online now Quote

Old 08-15-2017, 03:35 PM #555
zeke99

zeke99 has a spectacular aura aboutzeke99 has a spectacular aura aboutzeke99 has a spectacular aura aboutzeke99 has a spectacular aura about
Hi Earl,

I've been using Jack's Hydro 5-12-26 + calcinit + tap water (I'm lucky that it's great for growing). No epsom. The ratio used here is 1:1 for the Hydro & Calcinit. If you have floating crap after mixing your stock tank, you might be mixing it in the wrong order? ALL of the hydro first, stir it up until you can't see the hydro, followed by ALL of the calcinit. I use a spatula to stir up the powders in the water. People that have far larger tanks, use far larger objects for stirring. I always get a kick out of D9 talking about using a canoe paddle. I stir for a few minutes until no powder is visible in the tank and use a flashlight to see said powder on the floor of the tank because the overhead light in the room that houses my tents is nowhere close to the tank.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:37 PM #556
zeke99

zeke99 has a spectacular aura aboutzeke99 has a spectacular aura aboutzeke99 has a spectacular aura aboutzeke99 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy41410 View Post
FIRST-TIME GROWER HERE. Just finished my first grow/harvest and if D9 doesn't mind, I would now like to show his guests the power of PPK:

Here's my Harvest Photoshoot Album

Here's a "drone view" of my single plant canopy (Goji OG btw)

Here's the same plant chopped up and on the drying rack (anyone wanna guess yield? )

This plant was vegged for 2 months. LST'd, Topped twice and Flowered for about 85 days. I am one happy camper. Did i mention this is my first time growing a friggin' plant?

HUGE TO D9 FOR CREATING SUCH A DAMN-NEAR-FOOL-PROOF, BORING-YET-FUCKING-AWESOME SYSTEM!!!
I enjoyed your trichome vids too!

Old 08-15-2017, 05:21 PM #557
Vegas

Vegas is on a distinguished road
Just a quick post to thank Delta and all the other contributors to this system. Your thorough descriptions and answers make it easy to grasp this concept. Having read this thread twice I will now do a third time and make a shopping list. You have convinced me this is the best system and will be switching.

Now that you have ran this system is there any changes you see coming in the near future. Since I am creating a shopping list I want to include any new modifications.
Vegas is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2017, 06:29 PM #558
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really niceDesert Hydro is just really nice
newguy i love how short you kept that thing! awesome job. what was the final weight and how many watts of COB?
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2017, 06:37 PM #559
Earlmarne

Earlmarne has a spectacular aura aboutEarlmarne has a spectacular aura aboutEarlmarne has a spectacular aura aboutEarlmarne has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke99 View Post
Hi Earl,

I've been using Jack's Hydro 5-12-26 + calcinit + tap water (I'm lucky that it's great for growing). No epsom. The ratio used here is 1:1 for the Hydro & Calcinit. If you have floating crap after mixing your stock tank, you might be mixing it in the wrong order? ALL of the hydro first, stir it up until you can't see the hydro, followed by ALL of the calcinit. I use a spatula to stir up the powders in the water. People that have far larger tanks, use far larger objects for stirring. I always get a kick out of D9 talking about using a canoe paddle. I stir for a few minutes until no powder is visible in the tank and use a flashlight to see said powder on the floor of the tank because the overhead light in the room that houses my tents is nowhere close to the tank.
I'm making stock concentrate solution. Thinking maybe I should mix directly into my res
Earlmarne is online now Quote

Old 08-15-2017, 07:23 PM #560
zeke99

Well I think we PPK'ers make a stock solution. I might be confusing the terminology. In the "unit grow", which I am running, the course of operations is to fill (and re-fill as needed) a volume tank (with water and fertilizer) which feeds, via tubing to a float valve, the control tank, which houses the wave-pulse pump and also feeds the bottom buckets for each plant. Volume tank = stock solution?

1 members found this post helpful.