Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

Thread Title Search
Click for RX Green Solutions
any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2017, 12:22 AM #4071
CHEFfy

CHEFfy is just really niceCHEFfy is just really niceCHEFfy is just really niceCHEFfy is just really niceCHEFfy is just really niceCHEFfy is just really niceCHEFfy is just really niceCHEFfy is just really niceCHEFfy is just really niceCHEFfy is just really nice
If your res will never be higher than the point where water emits from your feed tube, no need to add anti-siphon.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:30 PM #4072
Benvanboro

Benvanboro will become famous soon enoughBenvanboro will become famous soon enough
Okay cool, when my res is full to the top my drippers are still 1ft. above the water level.
My plants are all up on flood trays with a tote underneath that catches all the run off so I can just pump and dump.
I just finished setting up the automated system for veg too and made sure it was all above the highest water level

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEFfy View Post
If your res will never be higher than the point where water emits from your feed tube, no need to add anti-siphon.

COCO LOVE
Benvanboro is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2017, 07:02 PM #4073
ThaMagnificent
The Biggest Boss Thus Far...

ThaMagnificent will become famous soon enoughThaMagnificent will become famous soon enough
So what EC is everyone running now?

ThaMagnificent is offline Quote

Old 08-13-2017, 12:12 AM #4074
Benvanboro

Benvanboro will become famous soon enoughBenvanboro will become famous soon enough
Update on the little pond pump-
I'm not noticing any abnormal swing in my pH at all, I run it for about one minute in between each feed, and twice when lights are out and I'm not feeding. It's keeping everything mixed up and my res doesn't smell stale toward the end like it did before!
If you're using a 55gal res I'd say go with a 200gph pond pump, mine is 120gph for a 20gal res.

COCO LOVE

Old 08-24-2017, 12:42 AM #4075
Benvanboro

Man.. I've been sifting back through this thread for the past 2 hours. I know it's somewhere but I can't find it..
Dan (or anyone else) when you switch to flower and have to cut out the CalMag, what are you using to bring up the EC of your RO?
I was going to mag sulfate? I was also thinking I could maybe add the Shine first, then the VB? Going to keep hunting until I hear back.. Cheers!

P.S- was thinking epsom because I'm currently growing a mag hungry og/cookie cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansbuds View Post
just read the plants ..... they'll tell you if they're unhappy or not .

COCO LOVE

Last edited by Benvanboro; 08-24-2017 at 01:05 AM..

Old 08-28-2017, 08:21 PM #4076
ThaMagnificent
The Biggest Boss Thus Far...

ThaMagnificent will become famous soon enoughThaMagnificent will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvanboro View Post
Man.. I've been sifting back through this thread for the past 2 hours. I know it's somewhere but I can't find it..
Dan (or anyone else) when you switch to flower and have to cut out the CalMag, what are you using to bring up the EC of your RO?
I was going to mag sulfate? I was also thinking I could maybe add the Shine first, then the VB? Going to keep hunting until I hear back.. Cheers!

P.S- was thinking epsom because I'm currently growing a mag hungry og/cookie cross
Shine always goes first anyways.

Why do you need to cut out Calmag anyways?

ThaMagnificent is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2017, 08:47 PM #4077
dansbuds
Retired from the workforce Bullshit

dansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivor
run the calmag up untill week 4 or so then switch to just mag ......

or if its just mag hungry use the epsom salts at 200ppm

BB kings 9/23/16 full show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGurX1vukAU

growem green & stay safe .... Dan
dansbuds is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:13 PM #4078
Benvanboro

From what I got from HR they recommend cutting out the calmag after week 2 flower with the RO/Soft formula and I was reading elsewhere that all the calcium and nitrogen can cause issues after week 2. In the past I ran the calmag to week 4-5 and ended up with slight nitrogen tox and some yellowing (my ppm never exceeds 700 in flower).
I already made the switch after talking to someone at HR, they've been on it for a few days instead of the calmag and are happy.

Why does the Shine go in first? I did not know that/never heard that, just before base or before anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaMagnificent View Post
Shine always goes first anyways.

Why do you need to cut out Calmag anyways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansbuds View Post
run the calmag up untill week 4 or so then switch to just mag ......

or if its just mag hungry use the epsom salts at 200ppm

COCO LOVE

Old 08-29-2017, 01:06 AM #4079
dansbuds
Retired from the workforce Bullshit

dansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvanboro View Post
From what I got from HR they recommend cutting out the calmag after week 2 flower with the RO/Soft formula and I was reading elsewhere that all the calcium and nitrogen can cause issues after week 2. In the past I ran the calmag to week 4-5 and ended up with slight nitrogen tox and some yellowing (my ppm never exceeds 700 in flower).
I already made the switch after talking to someone at HR, they've been on it for a few days instead of the calmag and are happy.

Why does the Shine go in first? I did not know that/never heard that, just before base or before anything?

depends on how much your using . you can go up to week 4 if your only using 1 or 2ml per gallon before any toxic build up will occur . if your using like 4 or 5ml , then 2 weeks max ! but yeah after week 4 you do not want to be adding any more calcium at all !!! Mag is fine right up till the flush . Calcium can build up to toxic levels & cause problems with the cation balance & the pottasium levels .

BB kings 9/23/16 full show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGurX1vukAU

growem green & stay safe .... Dan
dansbuds is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2017, 03:58 AM #4080
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant future
I didn't use any calmag at all but I use tap water so mabey that's why it wasn't needed. I saw no yellowing untill the flush.
packerfan79 is offline Quote