Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > decarboxylation using citrus?

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
decarboxylation using citrus? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2017, 05:14 AM #1
nepalnt21
FRRRRRResh!

nepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the rough
decarboxylation using citrus?

so i came across this video:

https://youtu.be/mEV9ZbKXj6E

where this gentleman (and later, his friend) claims to have gotten VERY high, using fresh cannabis leaves that have only gone through a process of juicing, not heating. the other ingredients were coconut (conceivably providing a good carrier fat), and citrus. could the citrus have knocked off that carboxylic acid?
nepalnt21 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:24 PM #2
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, the citric acid is decarbing it. There's at least one thread around here describing using strong citric acid for a decarbing extraction.

Very cool stuff Thanks for the link
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:37 PM #3
nepalnt21
FRRRRRResh!

nepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the roughnepalnt21 is a jewel in the rough
what a great thing! ive also been reading up on carboxylases. perhaps fully decarb thc without starting to degrade it into cbn? sounds great!
nepalnt21 is offline Quote

Old 04-17-2017, 01:25 AM #4
Gry
victoriam per cannabis

Gry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud of
https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction

Thanks to Bad Kitty Smiles

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:02 AM #5
Stan G.

Stan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really nice
That video had me lmfao. I wanna try this recipe.
Stan G. is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2017, 03:53 AM #6
ThatSauce

ThatSauce is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gry View Post
-This.
ThatSauce is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2017, 09:57 PM #7
Satyros

Satyros will become famous soon enough
I was wondering if anyone had tried something like this.

In cooking, it's called Ceviche', and fairly common in South America. Mostly used on seafood with lemon or lime juice, in which case the citric acid breaks down some of the protein, making the meat soft. Cooks it with no heat applied.

Interesting to see that it is viable for cannabis.
Satyros is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:59 AM #8
GoneP

GoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyros View Post
I was wondering if anyone had tried something like this.

In cooking, it's called Ceviche', and fairly common in South America. Mostly used on seafood with lemon or lime juice, in which case the citric acid breaks down some of the protein, making the meat soft. Cooks it with no heat applied.

Interesting to see that it is viable for cannabis.
Yes! it's basically the same process going on it seems, very interesting post OP!

Gonna have to try this method one of these days.
GoneP is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2017, 06:36 PM #9
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant future
I was gonna say it's the same thing as ceviche and think it would be cool to try! I ran across that same video a while ago thinking the same as the OP.great minds think alike!
shithawk420 is offline Quote