What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

spotted leaves

Jabapc

I grow DWC started a new strain having alot of probs. I use Jacks 3 grams per gallon, Cal Nitrate 2 grams per gallon ,epsoms 1/2 per gallon calcium Chloride 0.2 grams per gallon.Temps high 60's low 70's Humidity about 40 to 60 % plenty of fresh air and air flow. any ideas.Thanks Jabapc

Attachments

• IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 20

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
My first guess would be from the chlorides, since it looks like bottled water spotting only worse. Why calcium chloride, may I ask?

Jabapc

it started before I started using the calcium Chloride it looked like a calcium deficiency but it hasn't helped or seemed to make it worse. I'm thinking its the strain I've grown for years never had this prob before

Douglas.Curtis

I'd skip the calcium chloride regardless. ;) As I said though, I'm not the best at deficiencies since I've used the same base NPK/micros for over a decade. I'm very familiar with magnesium, but not many others.

Perhaps looking through the Jacks threads would help. I'm sure the large number of users of Jacks can figure it out. Find the threads and post your pics there. :D

Jabapc

plenty of air. ph 6.0. the seed was an old White Widow I had from a couple years ago. I quit growing for a couple years I didn't have this prob when I grew it last time. I'm thinking of just getting some new seeds and starting over

Cvh

Supermod
How do your roots look? Can you check?
A picture of your roots might be helpfull.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Ok lower your pH to 5.8. no more calcium chloride.

I second the opinion to check your roots and make sure enough air is getting to them and the water isn't above 72.

Jabapc

the calcium def pics look just like my prob. I've tried the cal mag I've tried diff nutrients Jacks and Cal nitrate Maxigrow Maxibloom AN's Sensi Bloom nothing seems to have enough Calcium to solve the problem . thats why I added the Calcium Chloride to add Calcium with out Nitrogen .I cant get pics of the roots sorry there is no way to lift the plant

Douglas.Curtis

Ok, so the issue is most likely sticking with one pH range. 6.0 is probably the lowest range for calcium absorption you could have.

Like my write up explains, you want to start at 5.4 with DWC and let the natural rise, due to nutrient depletion, to slowly bring your pH up to 6.0. When it reaches this point, you add back the nutrients the plants absorbed and your pH is again back at 5.4. Lather, rinse, repeat. No fuss, no muss, just topping off the res daily. You'll have MUCH greater nutrient absorption, especially Ca. I strongly recommend any DWC or Roots-In hydro grower to absorb and understand the principle.

It will significantly decrease the complexity, while also increasing the quality. Easier quality. :)

The downside is you're using tap water, so you'll have to figure out how the elements in your specific tap water buffer pH.

Jabapc

well tried that no luck...its pretty cool in my closet think that has anything to do with it...temps in the low to high 60's..I'll be getting an R.O. systems going soon maybe that will help...but I grew without one in the same location for years and never had a prob..oh well we'll see

anon710

Did you ever get it figured out I have one single plant in a room with 16 that has the same symptoms.

Running a pheno hunt room, and its the only plant thats not in great shape. In week 4 or flower and the flowers are 1/4 the size of everything else as well. Not in hydro but promix.

thanks in advance

buzzmobile

Veteran
Did you ever get it figured out I have one single plant in a room with 16 that has the same symptoms.

Running a pheno hunt room, and its the only plant thats not in great shape. In week 4 or flower and the flowers are 1/4 the size of everything else as well. Not in hydro but promix.

thanks in advance
Take that one plant out of the pheno hunt unless you're looking for a plant that grows "1/4 the size of everything else ".:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts