What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oG critical ppK

datal4b

sure hope so man, finally the humidity is staying up in the 70s so I got it up to about 85f in there now

Desert Hydro

Veteran
my monster humidifier shows up tomorrow. my room has been plagued with low rh and high VPD so my plants are transpiring too fast and causing overfeeding. been in the 30% range with my one ultrasonic humidifier. it cant keep up.

datal4b

right on, what kind did you get? ive used a centrifugal style from hydrofogger.com before but found it to be overkill for my setup. i liked the 1/4" ro hookup w/ float though, too easy

Desert Hydro

Veteran
yep same style but its made by drop air. gonna set it up on a digital hygrometer and let her cycle off and on.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20171116_143920.jpg
    MVIMG_20171116_143920.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 12

datal4b

it will certainly do the trick, beware of any mist hitting bare bulbs lol walked into my room shortly after purchasing & thought something was on fire it was so steamy

datal4b

things are picking up a bit now 25 gallon or so drank in the last 5 days which doesn't seem like a lot but they havent been using that much solution until now.

picture.php

so glad i found the ppk. it really does kick ass not having to fiddle fuck around with shit anymore.

datal4b

rapidly approaching tits high as the good man dhf would say... awwww ya!

no signs of deficiencies anywhere, they are collectively consuming about 15 gallons a day, rh is stable in the mid 70s lights on, 800ppm co2, 84f. the pH has been sitting at 6.2 the last 3 weeks, and the plants don't seem to mind at all. i have the volume rez set at 5.8, air gap about 4.5". nothing else to report except that i am favoring the structure of the two plants on the left, the other two are a little too spindly and i'm thinking they are going to have a hard time supporting themselves later on. another obstacle for a later date.

picture.php

picture.php

Desert Hydro

Veteran
those look super healthy. ive been having issues with the addition of co2. cant seem to make them all happy. getting a bit of leaf curl like a canoe but at the same time there is signs of deficiency. i bumped up the food since they were low. slowly going for 1.2-1.8 and ive got some cal supplement on the way that doesnt add nitrogen and throw everything off.

i think the canoe leaves are old from before the humidifier when the rh was super low.

datal4b

yo dh, i have experienced the same type of issues in regards to co2. the thing i notice is that without rh in range, co2 always creates a problem in my setup. i always wait now to start adding it until vpd is dialed in. rh is the hardest parameter for me to keep in check but for me also has been the most “ah-ha!” realization in regards to plant health. hoping that your plants just need a bit of adjustment from low rh to proper rh and start playing nice w the co2 or that it was some old foliage pre humidifier

bloyd right now i just have each site under parabolics with 400 mh’s from hortilux not the blue ones. i still have all the x pattern vertical sockets installed plus one in the middle that i’m going to run along side the parabolics eventually. the vert sockets will have 600s and then 1k mh blue in the middle

still rockin the jacks, 600ppm & i do have a 250mag drive in the tank keeping it mixed

Last edited:

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i think im overwatering really badly. there are almost no visible roots that i can find. i slowed the pulses from 45 sec to 30. give it a few days like that and see how they react.

datal4b

yea report back for sure man. i found it hard to overwater , impossible really. at one point i was cycling the timer on until the solution was completely drained, waiting for refill then cycling immediately again. was the only way to keep media completely wet without the reflectix covers on the 7gals. right now i’m doing a quart every 15mins with no issues

Last edited:

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i think my manifolds are at least double your size and im sending a lot of fluids each time. i think i was overwatering from the start which would have prevented the roots form expansion somewhat.

when i first did the manifolds they werent flowing well, holes were too small and had blockages from the rough drill holes. at that point the roots were healthy and white and were coming out at the surface. ever since i opened them up more those roots have died back.

i just added some kelp and root health products last night.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
when you were running co2 what were your feeds at? i have a feeling that my overwatering is also combined with a nitrogen toxicity. my feeds werent all that strong but i know at one point my humidity was low which would cause them to transpire more and take up more nutrients that needed.

i keep thinking i need to bump up my feeds since im running co2 and i was seeing some yellowing but now im thinking that the yellowing was from the overwatering and the feed level was fine and im only exacerbating the situation by throwing more food and co2 at them lol. fuck my life.

the color of this plant leads me to believe this is true. what do you think

Attachments

• IMG_20171130_164430.jpg
    IMG_20171130_164430.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 9

datal4b

i have experimented so far at full drain and re-drain soon as levels are back to mark, 1/2 gal/90 min, 1 qt/45 min, and 1qt/15 min. i honestly have not noticed a difference between any as far as growth...having said that i probably have not stayed at any one feed timing long enough to really notice a difference with the switch. i know that av8or and d9 were saying that with 50/50 mvp&perlite that 1/2gal/90min is the proper schedule. i'm not sure what you're running. i only switched to 1 qt/15 mins because my media seemed to be drying out a little too much on the top layer at that schedule.

plant looks healthy to me, but im really no expert. how is she growing overall? i just see some slight canoeing that doesn't look major. i would say that more food is not necessary though, she looks well fed.

datal4b

ite boyz, i'm officially tits high...

pullin the trigger in a few days.

pre trim:

picture.php

picture.php

all shitty innards trimmed out:

picture.php

just wanted to make a note of something. the two plants on the left are actually the same pheno, and the other two are a different one. i vegged this plant shown below under the horti blue mh & the others were under standard horti mh's, all 400w. definitely can see a difference in branch strength and hardly any innard growth was really present, just nice strong bud supporting branches. i'm kind of disappointed with how the other plants came out. i think i will veg with those exclusively from now on, as i'm not quite ready to spring for cmh setups yet for veg

picture.php

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts