What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

PDX Dopesmoker

Looking good bud green sr! What strain are those? I had a bad experience with a deer this season dang near wiped me out twice

I used to put hair clippings around my plants when I grew in the deer infested Virginia woods and never had a problem with that kind of predation. I forget where I learned to do that, but it seems like it worked.

PDX I have heard of using hair before but I've never tried it myself. There has always been an abundance of deer in my area and I have always used mothballs and never have I had an issue. This year I had someone telling me about some deer repellent and was saying how good it worked so I tried it, didn't phase the deer they ate almost all of them. Well I replaced all of the eat'n ones with a second wave of plants THIS TIME put out my tried and true moth balls. Well, once again the deer had a field day with my plants. The strange part is while being out there, one two occasions a deer let me get extremely close to it didn't even care that I was walking right behind it. It looked healthy, didn't seem to be starving.. so I don't know. Also I'll add in that all the plants it kept eating, were single plants with a lot of distance between plants.. defiantly a bummer

By a lot of distance between plants I mean about 2 or 3 football field lengths of thick overgrown mountain terrain between any two plants. You have to wear pants, long sleeves, (preferable something better than just a cotton shirt) and gloves and if your lucky you won't come out shredded to pieces. It wasn't that long ago I actually seen a deer casually jogging thru that crap (must be nice)

gorilla ganja

PDX I have heard of using hair before but I've never tried it myself. There has always been an abundance of deer in my area and I have always used mothballs and never have I had an issue. This year I had someone telling me about some deer repellent and was saying how good it worked so I tried it, didn't phase the deer they ate almost all of them. Well I replaced all of the eat'n ones with a second wave of plants THIS TIME put out my tried and true moth balls. Well, once again the deer had a field day with my plants. The strange part is while being out there, one two occasions a deer let me get extremely close to it didn't even care that I was walking right behind it. It looked healthy, didn't seem to be starving.. so I don't know. Also I'll add in that all the plants it kept eating, were single plants with a lot of distance between plants.. defiantly a bummer

Try coyote urine, available at most hunting stores.

Peace GG

Thanks guerilla Ganga, I have used the coyotes urine along with the moth balls before. Had no problems. I honestly don't think anything would stop this deer except a physical barrier. Something is not right with this one.. nothing spooks it. Which it is too late this year for me. I have abandoned those sites and done some "late plots" in other locations. But next year I want to defiantly utilize those spots so there's a few things different I'm going to do next year.

I have had deer problems in my earlier growing days before I knew about moth balls keeping deer away and before I ever researched stuff online. And my experience was that small plants under a foot were very susceptible to getting chomped by deer also taller plants up to a couple feet tall that were slender. I've never had deer issues with any plants with any kind of size to them. However I have heard of plants getting ravaged by deer in full flower stage, knock on would I've never had that issue. Once they get to a certain size I always say "they can take care of them selfs now" that's just how it has worked for me. In extreme guerilla I've not seen plots for 2 months at a time before (which was the best thing I could ever do for them) however some plots I visit every other week to feed which is what I consider visiting ALOT. Going often like that is only something I do if necessary, it creates more trails to your plots, (in my case making it easier for ginsengers to follow the trails) more times for someone to see your vehicle/atv sitting on the side of a trail, some people won't thinking anything about it some people will have a idea about exactly what you are doing. (Always park a long ways off and make a false and semi-obvious trail going into the woods by your vehicle that leads NOWHERES near your plot. I have been lucky in the past several times and only fertilized at planting and then once more 3 weeks later and that was it! And came out with awesome plants 10ft+ plus with great yield and potentcy. Never took the first drop of water to them all season long. It's not always like this, a lot of times I have to go every other week to plots the entire season, carry in soil, amendments all of that. But what I am getting at is if your truly guerilla growing and maybe new at it, don't makes trips into your grow every other day, fight the urge to go see them, and go to them when it's necessary! Good luck!

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Prepping 110 one gallon plastic grow bags tonight, getting ready to transplant to those from seed trays.

Finally picked up all of my reservoirs and gonna camouflage them soon.

Getting ready to be one busy mf'er for a while, but man do I love it!

MountainBudz

I have had deer problems in my earlier growing days before I knew about moth balls keeping deer away and before I ever researched stuff online. And my experience was that small plants under a foot were very susceptible to getting chomped by deer also taller plants up to a couple feet tall that were slender. I've never had deer issues with any plants with any kind of size to them. However I have heard of plants getting ravaged by deer in full flower stage, knock on would I've never had that issue. Once they get to a certain size I always say "they can take care of them selfs now" that's just how it has worked for me. In extreme guerilla I've not seen plots for 2 months at a time before (which was the best thing I could ever do for them) however some plots I visit every other week to feed which is what I consider visiting ALOT. Going often like that is only something I do if necessary, it creates more trails to your plots, (in my case making it easier for ginsengers to follow the trails) more times for someone to see your vehicle/atv sitting on the side of a trail, some people won't thinking anything about it some people will have a idea about exactly what you are doing. (Always park a long ways off and make a false and semi-obvious trail going into the woods by your vehicle that leads NOWHERES near your plot. I have been lucky in the past several times and only fertilized at planting and then once more 3 weeks later and that was it! And came out with awesome plants 10ft+ plus with great yield and potentcy. Never took the first drop of water to them all season long. It's not always like this, a lot of times I have to go every other week to plots the entire season, carry in soil, amendments all of that. But what I am getting at is if your truly guerilla growing and maybe new at it, don't makes trips into your grow every other day, fight the urge to go see them, and go to them when it's necessary! Good luck!

How is everything going in your neck of the woods Ninja? They have been flying hard around here lately. Hope all is well!

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

Anyone doing any late season germination? Late season minis? I am fixing to start another run of seeds, I keep saying every time I germinate "this is the last for the year" but I cannot seem to find a reason to stop. I guess a fellar can end up with more than he can handle though. Lol.

~star~crash~

green...

green...

picture.php

Mountainbudz howdy friend! Well I've been out of town for a little over a week now, however two days before I left out of town I seen 2 little black birdies in the same day from my yard. So.. my stuff could still be out there and secure..or not. I'm anxious to hit the hills and find out. I have to be a ghost at one of my plots because mid grow they decided to buy part of a mountain and put gates on ALL access roads going in. And the group who bought it are up there driving around all the time doing stuff (stressful going there). If I added it up right, I haven't been to that plot in 31 days, last trip in I cut back some of the vegetation around the plants and the plants were healthy. So wish the girls some good luck!

hugo23

Anyone doing any late season germination? Late season minis? I am fixing to start another run of seeds, I keep saying every time I germinate "this is the last for the year" but I cannot seem to find a reason to stop. I guess a fellar can end up with more than he can handle though. Lol.
made a little experiment and germinated six CBG Durbans after 21.06 (solstice) to see how they react on shortening days only in their lifetime. I expect they start flowering later due pretty short vegetative stage but I hope for the opposite.

master kusher

HELL YEAH! I'm in the process of germinating over 100 auto fem.s of various strains I created. :D ! All are going outdoors asap, and have the same father. (an Indica dominant auto fem with nice bud structure (dense), and smelt of cotton candy/sweet):woohoo::plant grow:

U

Ununionized

You guys have got some of the most well balanced outdoor pot grows I've ever seen.

Dday391

Hey MB I'm planning some late germers right now! I have a question tho. What is yield like for the minis? And should I just dig deeper straight down or wider? My thought would be if the tap root can freely go straight down might grow quicker/ taller faster? Idk though never done minis yet. Any help is appreciated thanks