What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Archive Seed Bank Thread?

whoreable

Update 6 Dosi females, one left the runt mutant who topped sherself, she/he has the tightest structure of all my plants, so regardless its going to be used in some manner.

almost like he/she flowered and reveg, except she never did. He/She is only about 6 inches tall and has about 9 Nodes, 2 Tops and 2 lateral tops

whoreable

first dosi flower-run

My Dosi is at week 4 and already having amber trichomes on the fan leaves, not the calyxs, is this normal? I am only half way but it showing signs in the triches of being mature

Scrappy-doo

Anyone growing the dosi f2's... Be on the watch for nanners and balls. I had 1 full blown hermie easy to spot, and 3/4 remaining females had sneaky little balls and nanners hidden under flower sets on the lower half of the plant. Not a big problem I just picked them off with no further incident, but I'd assume it's probably common with all of the packs. I found them about halfway thru flower.:tiphat:

MedResearcher

Veteran
Little off topic but close enough, thought I could chime in with a little Dosi experience.

Crossed Royal Kush male with the Dosido's clone from Nor Cal. Cross has some great phenos, the Royal brought in more girth in many phenos, and added some different terps. Had a really nice pheno that was still dense and more solid, dosi dough smell, at least as frosty if not more of a afghan white frost, with way more girth on the branch. Sadly, didn't clone it. Out of maybe 50-60 females, didn't notice any herms, and very little mutants or runts.

Took the, (Royal Kush x Dosi) and crossed it back to the same Dosi clone. Probably incorrectly labeling it, but have been referring to it as a Royal Dosi BX1. When I made the cross, I thought the Dosi was so great, would be nice to have seed stock that was close to the clone only. After seeing a small population finished, and a larger population vegging, I feel like the cross was maybe a step backwards, luckily I still have plenty of the normal (Royal x Dosi), before the back cross. I am testing a larger population myself at the moment.

What I noticed from the back cross so far. A solid 30+% have a weird serrated leaf pattern. All the serrated phenos have extremely wide leaves. I also noticed a very strange stretch in around 10% of the phenos. The stretch appeared between the cotyledons and the first set of true leaves, a good 1-1.5" stretch. In all my years popping seeds, I have never seen a plant stretch like this. Even in low light levels a seedling with stretch up grow cotyledons and a set of leaves followed right above it, then maybe fall over, but this is not the case. The light was intense, this stretch seemed genetic and only happened in apx 10% of the population.

My friend just finished a decent population of the Royal Dosi BX1, outdoors, in good conditions. Everything was really frosty, but it was a little to dainty. Had density within the floral clusters, but they just didn't connect completely or have enough girth. Also late flowering herms on the lower half, popped up in the crotch of the branchs.

Ill chime in when this next population is finished or closer. The Dosi is great no doubt, but I have a feeling that it is as inbred as it can take, and any further inbreeding may not do it justice. Hopefully I am wrong, and some great freak will pop up and wow me, but the normal Dosi is great, and Dosi hybrids as well, not sure more inbreeding can improve on it.

Mr^^

LostTribe

Premium user
popped 3 Archive Valley Girl 1 above ground. Waiting on the other 2. Only 3 males last try.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As far as hermis I have several strains going now I was warned about via pm in midflower and so far I have seen no balls or nanners. Lots of grapevine and Sweet Thangs. Plants look great, kind of hard to tell by smell which is best though. Guess I may have to wait for cure.

popped 3 Archive Valley Girl 1 above ground. Waiting on the other 2. Only 3 males last try.

I popped 2 packs of valley og recently but frost is rather lacking for an og ;\ Looks straight og everything about it though. I really hope these are released again as I want to try again but does not look like I have a keeper currently.

H

HazeOil

100% germ
picture.php

whoreable

first dosi flower-run

My Dosi is at week 4 and already having amber trichomes on the fan leaves, not the calyxs, is this normal? I am only half way but it showing signs in the triches of being mature

today the smell started, before it was not noticeable. Starting to get that dispensary dank smell you get when going to a retail place.

still got like 25 days left till the chop, might be bigger nugs than the cluster bomb I ran for 4 seasons

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got nanners on one plant. Took them out yesterday to scour and one had nanners all up and down lowers. Pollen was viable. It's only one plant though.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I just took downa plant of Norcal Cut of Dosi yesterday. Had nanners on the inside's of multiple flowers. Totally my fault(light leaks) , but worth noting several other vars in the same vicinity are having zero issues.

U

useless.gardens

I grew a bodhi cross, skywalker x snow lotus, that threw a few nanners.

Can't say it was my fault then again maybe there was a stressor that I never identified.

I wouldn't fault b-man for the cross... Any OG variant could throw some nanners. I'm a fan of multiple runs. And after four runs , which is over a year , I tossed that cut. The flowers were amazing but the intersex shit drove me mad.

Glad to see people reporting on what they're finding! Few weeks, I'll be cracking Doc's "cookie killer".

I''ll take with a grain of salt the first run with any strain.

Nowadays, I worry about anything I crack from seed in a room full of known good stable dank cuts.

Last edited:

whoreable

I have a Cookie killer freebie, I did not know it was made by the DOC.

She has really nice growth, something more sativa than Indica but reminds me of cali grown OG so far

whoreable

So I started staking up the Dosi and Clearwater run today, day 43, and those bitches smell so disgustingly tasty omg, the clearwater has a very distinct smell I cant put my nose on.

These nugs are bigger and healthier than almost every Cluster Bomb I ran for 4 years.

The dosi have a nice nice smell something grapey and dank. :woohoo: