What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House and Garden Shooting Powder vs GH Dry Koolbloom

AcesBasis

I know this thread is a bit old but I am using the Koolbloom Liquid and Dry at the moment. Have gone half strength on the last res change but I think I will ramp it up to full strength and add the full 12tsp for my 200L. Funnily enough I have used the H&G Coco A&B plus other additives. I am 1/2 way in to week 6 of flower in what I hope will be a 9 week finisher.. I read elsewhere on another thread that towards the last few weeks when using the KB dry to raise the lights or decrease the wattage If running digi's with dimmers...

I too could not part with the extra $$ for the SP plus having to use 2 types of flower food using H&G so opted for liquid at begining and a little dry from week 5.

I did see a big difference when I ran both products rather that just the liquid and I think then need more dry as I have not fed it at full recommended strength yet.

I am just seeing a few of the pistils starting to turn red/ brown but I will have to wait n see the results and if more new foxtails are going to shoot out.

Take a look View attachment 168137
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338128892.212383.jpg
View attachment 168139
View attachment 168140

guy fawkes

Veteran
i find shooting powder a exellent booster, i got a 100g sachet for 8 quid at my local hydro store, about 14 dollers, i use for a few days about 3 weeks from finnish and it nevert fails to impress. 1 sachet lasts several crops to

never used kool bloom as i cant seem to find it over here :(

clown baby

H&G shooting powder: Derived From: Potassium Sulfate, Potassium Carbonate, and Potassium Phosphate
GH Powder KoolBloom: Derived from: Ammonium Phosphate, Ammonium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Sulfate.

true, but H&G has a lot of unlisted ingredients. Just look at their guaranteed analysis on the aquaflakes. it's definitely got more than what they list. There's a labeling game that they have to play. Take a look at things like liquid karma/floralicious. They really only list kelp and maybe yucca extract? They dont list the humic/fulvic acids added that contribute the bulk of their performance.

d4nk

What ppms are you guys feeding that get the bad fox tails?? Using the 2 grams/litre max recommended by the calculator my ppms are under 1100.

Blaz3

The shooting powder HAS to contain some PGR..or atleast hormones that they DONT list as ingredients..why else would it cause the foxtailing or the "fruits on top of fruits" effect?..surely magnesium and phosphorous etc..dont cause that?...

T

TribalSeeds

I know this thread is old, but the difference in price has never been brought up. Shooting Powder is pharmaceutical grade and KB is fertilizer or food grade. There are less, or no metals in pharmaceutical grade. You are warned to use caution if reusing your medium after using SP though.

Unk_OG

Timing

Timing

hi

ive used shooting powder a few times

it usually just creates foxtailing on the top of the plant, buds look ugly and the top buds seem to take longer to finish after application

it does add to the weight tho, id guess an extra 5 percent of foxtails on top of what you usually get lol

I know this is an old thread, but I think the timing/feeding of top booster and shooting powder is the real important thing as well as using them both. Been using H&G for 2 years now and used to get foxtailing bad. I grow in ProMix.

I was told Top Booster forces the plant to finish in 4 weeks. So, for an 8 week strain, I use Top Booster the last 3 days of week 4 (H&G says week 5) then flush. Week 5 I feed half strength Shooting Powder. Weeks 6-7 full strength Shooting Powder. Flush first 3 days of week 8. No Foxtails anymore, just fat buds. Seems to me the Top Booster tells the plant to finish in 4 weeks so the foxtail/having to run a week longer issue doesn’t happen. Just my 2¢. That’s what works for me, in my room.