What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buncha Bagladies

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
:wave: hey i see you guys rocked the boat enough that we now have a new place to hang out! no better time than now to bust out my first grow thread, especially since i am knee deep in coco and never touched it prior to a month ago :pointlaug ok well heres my thread, anyone with bags welcome to show you stuff :canabis: anyone with knowledge and patience, please teach me something! the nutes i use are GH, lucas formula plus liquid karma. i hydrate the coco in a 3.5 gal bucket using 1gal of mild nutes (3/6/15) that i ph to 6.0 once fully hydrated i fill the bags. some i used 50/50 hydroton but most are all coco. im lazy and my tron needs rinsing :moon:
anyway...here are my baglady moms, i have 12 atm but more are comin soon! :woohoo:

The Dopest

Veteran
Mr. Mo hey thanks!

gaiusmarius thank man! these are my moms, i will be takin cuts and flowering the cuts. as far as nutes, GH is all i have atm and i just reupped. i guess i have to use the lucas formula this round any suggestions? i do plan to keep an eye on VTs thread with the csn17 to see how he likes it. my current flower setup is recirc dwc, i was mediumless. i am thinkin about goin drip to waste in the future, any recomendations?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I've said it before...and I will say it again....I have seen folks get awesome results with about 5 different nute brands....I started out using coco with GH 3 part actually...(never tried Lucas mix...only Highgrade)

I can tell you read that thread Lucas authored ;)

Dude....those plants are healthy as a mofo....props :respect:

:lurk:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
when you start flowering the lucas formula will not be enough, not in the coco.

i don't know about VT's experience, but i have seen quite a few growers run in to problems when using non specific nutes in coco. sure it's possible, but you need to know what additives to add when. with a coco specific nutrient you have a much easier time of things. that's my opinion anyway.

in the veg phase and even early flowering you will not see any problems. it's only later on that the problems start.

so unless you are just talking about using some coco as a supplement to your earth, then i'd organize some coco specific nutes. no matter which ones, as long as they are made for coco.

what ever you end up doing i look forward to following along as your plants do their thing.

The Dopest

Veteran
ok, i have a while to play with the flower nute selection. so...here is my finished veg stand above the moms. there is a disassembled shoplight for mother lighting attached to the stand, will be adding insulated mylar between the lights and trays. also added two lexan clone shelves on the left. the stand holds two mixing trays from home depot and i added 1/2" pvc electrical fittings for ebb/flow but im probably goin to do drip veg. i can easily screw on a multi sprinker head to the 1/2 overflow fitting and let them drain through the flush fill fitting. i used a heat gun to sink it btw. last thing i need to do is upgrade my lighting, i will start with another shoplight for now to make 320w veg. may swap out to T5s later, what yall think?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I never thought about using PVC in that manner before....good stuff bro!
I may try that....lol...I am sure you've got some more DIY tips coming in this thread....
Your plants look great...

peace

G

Great looking setup Dopest, I am a Coco neophyte as well, I'll have to keep an eye on how things go for you.

The Dopest

Veteran
gaiusmarius hey, been busy as a beaver around here!

VT good to see ya man, stick around there may be some DIY :joint:

JackKerouac lol thanks man, i get into what im doin sometimes a lil too much :D

SupoerNuck cool you dropped by, come back anytime. oh but next time bring some doritos :wink:

i finally plumbed my veg trays to a 2 gal resevere down with them moms. also got tired of hand waterin each mom so i made rings with soaker hoses and 1/4" tees. i put them around the base of each mom and ran those to 1/2" poly in a rectangle shape to allow all my moms to feed. on one corner of the rectangle i put a tee and ran a 1/2" poly up the leg of the veg stand. the funnel is temporary untill i find an eyepleasing reserve to go with. atm feedin of my mothers requires fillin the funnel up

my funnel feed moms :pointlaug

you can see the layout of the 1/2" poly rectangle and hoses attached

soaker hose rings

closer shot

peep shot of a cross i made called Evolution#2 in a 1gal growbag. its 50/50 hydroton with GH coco coir. this was my first coco grow ever and i watered her like soil the whole time. :confused: i know to water more often now :D

Last edited:
E

easyrasta

looking primo bro
nice idea with the soakers in the bags
good luck &
Peace
Ez

The Dopest

Veteran
:wave: Easy how are ya! dont run off i have somethin here i will need you to help me with. :chin:

ok so i got tired of lookin at the funnel and finally made my home depot run. since the theme seems to be PVC it was only obvious i would incorporate a PVC reserve into the system.

on the top of the reserve i put a collar with a stub pice of pvc in the end of it squeezing in a nylon paint filter. this keeps trash out my lines and soaker hose. nutes pour right though. :joint:

the bottom is just a 3"-2" adaptor and a 2"-1" with a 1"-3/4" pvc fitting all tied in to the poly with a 1/2"-3/4" poly fitting

a shot between the back row two rows of moms

hey Easy, this is for you man! i have 3 types of tomatos and some sweet banana peppers goin. im gonna need a hand with these man :pointlaug

i_score

very nice grow you got there the dopest, your gall´s look very helthy, another great coco grow!!best wishes for your grow!!1

The Dopest

Veteran
thanks guys! anyone know wtf to do with these tomatos i have growin, i started them but have never seen a tomato plant in person. i plan to go to larger pots or bags once they are rooted well any recomendations are welcome. also have some banana peppers somebody hep me :yoinks: :yummy:

check out the difference in the hand watered roots on the left and the automatic drip roots on the right. i hand watered the left like soil, once it got dryish i water it. the automatic is set to drip for 10 mins through .5gal pressure compensating drippers every 6hrs. root growth is astounding on the auto fed one. needless to say i am adding more drippers for the rest of the plants.

*Also i will be doin a side by side comparison with GH Lucas Formula and CNS17 on some identical clones. anyone have any ideas of an "ideal" comparison? they will both be hand fed throughout and both from same mom. i will document the entire grow in a thread.

NPK

Dopest, your setup is really ingenious. I'm gonna borrow an idea or three when I get the time and funds to upgrade my veg space. Nice! Your plants look good, too.

G

*Also i will be doin a side by side comparison with GH Lucas Formula and CNS17 on some identical clones. anyone have any ideas of an "ideal" comparison? they will both be hand fed throughout and both from same mom. i will document the entire grow in a thread.

Please put them on a dripper.