What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CANNABIS TIME CAPSULE

Morthan Hobby

Some more oldies:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Morthan Hobby

picture.php
[/IMG]

The Sky River Rock Festival and Lighter Than Air Fair was a historic rock festival held on a raspberry farm on the Skykomish River outside Sultan, Washington. It was first held between August 31 to September 2, 1968.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Morthan Hobby, friend that is some cool rare old school stuff you have. I never knew Hustler made papers. Great post thank you.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Morthan Hobby, I have been on a genetics buying spree for the past several months. The wife gets pissed at times. What are you going to do with, and when will you ever grow all these out? Oh that's easy, I'm going to bury them in the ground. WHAT!? expletive, expletive! The good news is it's only going to cost a couple thousand dollars to do it. I need to work on my sales pitch.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Morthan Hobby, great posts! Thanks

Kaochiu, I have spent much time today trying to contact people who may be able to donate menu's.
What an honor it would be to have a few of them in the time capsule.
Peace

kaochiu

Veteran
Sorry, too nomadic a life as to keep anything like that. Not long ago i've seen an old sensi seeds catalogue in a pile of cannabis magazines, albeit in spanish. I'll check. The only thing i think it could be slightly unusual is a 1973 lp record by New Riders of the Purple Sage, "The Adventures of Panama Red", which i'd humbly offer. I'm in Spain and few knows them here, but maybe too easy to get in the US.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Koachiu, I would be greatly honored to include it. I will start accepting donations after I get my greenhouse in order. I'm still researching the best way to preserve albums, books and magazines. Thank you for your support and kindness.
Peace

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I know it would be impossible to list the name of every person arrested for cannabis ( like I said in my previous post), but maybe a list of stats of cannabis arrests.
Of course activists should be honored for their fight but also the ones that kept the trade alive.

I'd like to propose a plaque or statue representing the "unknown heroes of war on drugs". Something akin to the unknown soldier representing the untold stories of brave men and women of the drug war.
Untold soldierd of the drug war.
Too many of us have had our lives ruined by cannabis laws. Laws are supposed to protect us from harm. Not bring harm from the "protectors".

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I know it would be impossible to list the name of every person arrested for cannabis ( like I said in my previous post), but maybe a list of stats of cannabis arrests.
Of course activists should be honored for their fight but also the ones that kept the trade alive.

I'd like to propose a plaque or statue representing the "unknown heroes of war on drugs". Something akin to the unknown soldier representing the untold stories of brave men and women of the drug war.
Untold soldierd of the drug war.
Too many of us have had our lives ruined by cannabis laws. Laws are supposed to protect us from harm. Not bring harm from the "protectors".

it would really suck to find out that you were the last casualty in a senseless war. but if it would end the war, then i volunteer.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Pinball Wizard, it will get buried in the North Dakota Badlands. It will be on some lake property I have. Otherwise I don't know how to insure it's security into the next generation or so. Grandchildren could sale the placeor it could be plundered if marked. Unmarked and let eons pass. At some point in time it will resurface. My hope is my efforts with much help from others. Will hopefully be appreciated generations from now. It will be the oldest school weed in the world.
I like the sound of that! Peace

Dankwolf

Hello my icmag friends.
I am looking to hear your opinions and thoughts on what should be in a cannabis time capsule.
In recent stories I have read. Several ancient burial sites have been found with cannabis and seeds inside of them. While the plants were ceremonial there wasn't any attempt at preserving them.

With today's technology the ability to preserve genetics long term is greatly improved over ancient times. Ways to preserve???
Our culture should also be included. I'm thinking about Pink Floyd and Bob Marley albums , Cheech and Chong movies. What else???

I plan to use a casket vault or similar container. I will bury the vault in the spring of 2020.

What would you like to see in an ancient hippie stash?
What genetics should be included?

What items should be a cultural symbol?
I have a year to get it together. Please share what you would leave?
What types of cultures will exist in a thousand years? Is this a bad idea and a waste of money and time?
Peace MedDakotabis :tiphat:

I have some,original none molested Thai seeds from mid 70s to include . not many but I could part with 5 or so lol . been holding them awile there down to 5 % viability any way .

armedoldhippy

Veteran
We should send one to Mars so that at least the pot seeds will survive if an asteroid destroys our planet again. I wonder how much Elon Musk would charge for that, it might be within our price range.

that sounds more like an act done for the good of mankind. should be free...that-is-in my price range.:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I wouldn't put it past Musk to have a brick in the trunk of the Tesla going intergalactic.

[Iframe1]9MpkBJd7izU[/iframe1]

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Dankwolf, thank you for your support and offer. That brings up an interesting point. I hadn't determined for the estimated cost of $25 for a tagged sealed tube. What should be the minimum number of seeds per strain preserved? Most strains I have two packs of.

So it should to some extent depend on the strains. A very rare Landrace strain? 5 seeds donated fine. Ideally I would like to see 20 seed lots. But seeds are expensive! I will graciously and humbly accept all genetics offerings and find a way to make it work. Have a beautiful day my friends. Peace