What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reservoir Sour Diesel IBL / SD IBL

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
10 out of 11 popped. They're in cups now, about 3 inches. very leggy. I don't know if that's normal.

I'll grow them out in soil, but I need a new light. I have a HID right now but it gets so hot and consumes so much electricity, so I'm thinking of going with LED - which I know nothing about.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't want to have to build anything .. I just want something straight out of the box that I could just plug in the wall, say 1000 watts.

Go for marshydro I see posts all the time on IG that are pretty impressive imo best of luck brother

There are way way better LEDs than MarsHydro. They’re not any more efficient than HID so you’re not really saving anything in the energy and heat department. Go for COBs or quantum boards if you want something mostly premade. Complete DIY you can do some impressive things with high efficiency light strips.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Some of those marshydro models are pretty impressive especially for the price like if you can afford it go for lush or any similar quality companys

Some of those marshydro models are pretty impressive especially for the price like if you can afford it go for lush or any similar quality companys

MarsHydro is roughly twice as expensive than HID, but provides none of the benefits of swapping because it’s not any more efficient in light output. Almost all LED grow light companies are either ridiculously overpriced, and lie about their efficiency compared to HID. The best affordable LEDs are current gen COBs or quantum boards. You can buy a kit and build something that surpasses Lush for a fraction of the price.

manpan

Update:

10 out of 11 up. They're about 4 inches with 3 or 4 pairs of leaves. All in soil.

I'll wait for them to grow up about a foot or so, then put them in 12/12. I'll take cuttings beforehand tho.

I hear these guys triple in size, I would expect 3 ft plants when they finish in 70 days or so.

I plan on making seeds, so when they show sex, I'll move the males to another room and get pollen from all males.

At week 4, I'll pollinate the lower branches of all the females. By week 10, i would expect the seeds to be fully formed and mature.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Where the hell do i find these rez seeds sour diesel ibl seeds been looking forever and closest i can find to it is swerves "the cali connections" (original sour diesel) which is alright but not this ibl seed i know they are not true ibl's as inbred lines should only show one to two true phenotypes with very very little variation as all plants cannot be exactly the same... but anyways im here for the show to watch what i wished i had :tiphat:

We have some here RealGorillaSeeds.com

Also check out Verdant Greens C4DD:tiphat:

manpan

Update:
Well, the sour d is coming along. They're about 8 inches but kinda anemic. There are about 3 or 4 pairs of leaves; I want take a cutting but they seem too small so I'll wait another week or 2. I have about 9 or 10 of them going and no disasters yet. No weird deficiencies, no discoloration.

manpan

ChemDog IBL, NYCDxSD .. and that's it.

I'm also growing out Black Widow and there's a company called French Touch that did a cube of the Riri cut. If that's a female, I'll hit with the SD pollen and see what comes of it. The Riri is an SD IBL pheno too ... sooooo.. what ever that comes out as.

I'll do F2's too, of course - SD x SD

manpan

I put them in 12/12 light cycle about a week ago. As I was checking for gender, I found 3 males already.

I have 7 more that haven't shown sex; I'm sure at least a couple of them should be female.

I'll keep the best 1 or 2 males, gather their pollen and make some seeds.

I have to say, all these plants look identical with minor variations on their growth. But they look the same - the leaves look the same, the distances between the nodes.

The only difference I can tell is some are slightly bigger than others, maybe by 10 to 20%.

---
Update: I checked the plants: 5 male Sour Diesels so far. Ugh. I hope I get at least several females. The other 5 have not shown gender yet, but I'm hoping I get at least 2 or 3 females.

Last edited:

manpan

Sept 18th today. I put the plants in 12 hour light cycle about 9 days ago and of the 10 sour d's, 5 are males with pollen sacks already showing.

There's another 5 plants that have NOT shown gender (as of last night). I hope those 5 are females, but is it normal for females to show pistils so much later? I'll check again tonight.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
just checked my freezer bag of seeds - found '5' of rez's orig sour diesel... 4 seeds of his orig sdkush, . 4 seeds of his chem ix -

and 1/2 dozen seeds of mr nice ssh from 12+ yrs ago -

i'm going to try and pop a couple/few of the above - they are old, but stored in rice in my freezer ... here's hoping..

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
fingers are crossed

Attachments

• IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 22

manpan

just checked my freezer bag of seeds - found '5' of rez's orig sour diesel... 4 seeds of his orig sdkush, . 4 seeds of his chem ix -

and 1/2 dozen seeds of mr nice ssh from 12+ yrs ago -

i'm going to try and pop a couple/few of the above - they are old, but stored in rice in my freezer ... here's hoping..

The seeds I popped were from 2011, so that's right around the same time. ONly 6 came up out of 10 for the CD IBL. There was 7th but it was weird and runty. Never really grew.

of the Sour d's, there were 11 in the pack and 10 popped up.

So.... good luck! They might be ok.

Oh I kept mine in a tight glass jar in a cold fridge. No rice.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Sept 18th today. I put the plants in 12 hour light cycle about 9 days ago and of the 10 sour d's, 5 are males with pollen sacks already showing.

There's another 5 plants that have NOT shown gender (as of last night). I hope those 5 are females, but is it normal for females to show pistils so much later? I'll check again tonight.

Typically it is common for males to show up first when the bunch is starting to mature give it time the females should pop up did you find male and female in the CD IBL?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Typically it is common for males to show up first when the bunch is starting to mature give it time the females should pop up did you find male and female in the CD IBL?

I see this all over the place and I find it to be untrue.
Males and females show in about the same time frame, IME.
This may very well be the case for landrace varieties but for most of the stuff that's put together by breeders I find this to be untrue. I've had females express weeks before any males have, from the same batch of seeds.

Also, I had a pack of CD IBL and only 1 seed popped & it was male.
I'm jelly of those that get more than one seed from a pack to pop. Y'all are doing great!

manpan

update:
Chemdog: 3 males, 3 females
Sour d: 5 males, 3 females, 2 unknown.
NYCD: bunch of males, bunch of females (didn't count)

I'll pick the best 2 males of each for breeding.

It's looking good!

Last edited:

manpan

I see this all over the place and I find it to be untrue.
Males and females show in about the same time frame, IME.
This may very well be the case for landrace varieties but for most of the stuff that's put together by breeders I find this to be untrue. I've had females express weeks before any males have, from the same batch of seeds.

Also, I had a pack of CD IBL and only 1 seed popped & it was male.
I'm jelly of those that get more than one seed from a pack to pop. Y'all are doing great!

Thanks man. I'm really babying these plants becuase I know how precious the genetics are. I'll be making plenty of seeds (along with some really good cannabis).

I'll make a small number this time. The next run I'll go to town with making the seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts