Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Dry Sift - Large scale - Static tech...Anyone try these?

Thread Title Search
Dry Sift - Large scale - Static tech...Anyone try these? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2019, 08:20 PM #1
RustyShcklfrd

RustyShcklfrd is just really niceRustyShcklfrd is just really niceRustyShcklfrd is just really niceRustyShcklfrd is just really niceRustyShcklfrd is just really niceRustyShcklfrd is just really niceRustyShcklfrd is just really niceRustyShcklfrd is just really niceRustyShcklfrd is just really niceRustyShcklfrd is just really nice
Dry Sift - Large scale - Static tech...Anyone try these?

Wow is certianly has been a few years since Ive posted, and man, does it feel good. Things are getting better now, my wheels have been turning, and Ive been putting some thought into how we are going to deal with all this resin once we start breaking out the tractors and growing this stuff for real.

When I took a step back from IC, rosin was gaining traction, GG #4 was all anyone wanted to talk about, and "Heady's maine adventure" was the coolest thread going for small scale organic DIY'ers and hash church was the weekly gospel. Since then, I have really not kept up on anything new, hash church seems dead, (watched one of the more recent episodes and literally the same exact shit was being bitched about as a few years ago and now it seems to be very irregular compared to every sunday back in the day), Headys thread is long gone, and I dont have any idea what the cut of the week is y'all are chasing, so all that said, sorry if this has been discussed before, and it feels really good to get baxk in the mix.

My question is basically: Where are we at with mechanical dry sift seperation? Is anyone cleaning resin to super high quality on a large/efficient scale? Has anyone tried or brought up the idea of using the same equiptment used to electrically separate fiber and stems from tea leave? Large rollers are spun while pressed against felt to create a charge. The tea passes under the rollers on a belt, and the fibers are lifted by the static as the cleaned tea passes under. There are a bunch of variations of this, and Im sure it would need some tweaking to perfect it, but even if it can save 80% of the work, you can run such a ridiculous volume that its still win win. It also strikes me as a possible step in a supposedly secret ultra dry sift tech where heads are cleaned to 99% in almost no time...it just strikes me as something that someone who has traveled extensively through India would have definitely come across in the day.
RustyShcklfrd is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:33 PM #2
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
I don't want to disclose much. I did however made some posts in the past with some more info.

But I'll give you one tip, 2 pictures and a video that inspired me.

Tip: Google for Corona discharge electrodes static.

Put your dry sift into this for cleaning. It blasts literally the goodies out of the falling kief in mid-air.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=50s&v=8MNMccskQjE

Cvh is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:53 PM #3
EsterEssence

EsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud of
How do you plan to get the resin off the plant? I lived in Nepal for some years back in the 90's but there was no mechanical way of separating the resin heads except by hand with the correct size screens. Now the most popular way of vaping is the throw away pens. I'm sure if you figured out some way to separate the heads to 99% efficiently there would be a market. Rosin with all the terps and cannabanoids is much easier, the problem lies in making it the correct viscosity to work in the pens...