What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home tent grow

insomniac_AU

The tops of a few of the colas are getting toasted but there's nothing I can do about it. There's nowhere to tie anything down it's pretty tight in there. :)

I have the light cable tied right on the bar at the top, no chains. Definitely going to go for a taller tent soon this has been an ongoing problem. :wallbash:

The tops of a few of the colas are getting toasted but there's nothing I can do about it. There's nowhere to tie anything down it's pretty tight in there. :)

I have the light cable tied right on the bar at the top, no chains. Definitely going to go for a taller tent soon this has been an ongoing problem. :wallbash:

I have the same issue brother. I misjudged the height this round and am burning up my tops a bit. Luckily I’m in coco pots so I can rotate them daily. One thing I did was put an active intake in my room and it’s helped control temps considerably, not sure if that’s an option but just thought I’d throw it out there if heat is an issue for you as well

starke

What MrBungle said. Just gently crush the stem between you fingers and bend the cola over. Most of my grows have ended with almost as many buds growing horizontally as vertically. They will be fine.

insomniac_AU

Nice man, what strain is that in the picture on the right?

That's a Black Russian. I got those seeds as freebies years ago. This pheno has a passionfruit taste with a slight undertone of grapefruit followed by an earthy taste. I really like it so I kept it.

I have the same issue brother. I misjudged the height this round and am burning up my tops a bit. Luckily I’m in coco pots so I can rotate them daily. One thing I did was put an active intake in my room and it’s helped control temps considerably, not sure if that’s an option but just thought I’d throw it out there if heat is an issue for you as well

Gday mate! Yeah I left them veg a little too long and they got a bit too big this time. I don't have the luxury of being able to move them around they are sort of fixed where they are for the duration being in a tub and SCROGed out.
I don't have an issue with temps. The tent is in my house and the house is airconditioned.
Unfortunately I don't really have the option of bending them over either. If I bend them over they will cover over tops, it's wall to wall in there.
I'm going to get a Gorilla Grow tent I think which I'm told are height adjustable. :)

insomniac_AU

Have you tried any other other strains for insomnia? Are you currently on the hunt for new strains?

Yes I've tried a few different Kushs but I'm not really a kush person.
I've grown Cali connection GSC and a few others but this seems to work best of the ones I've tried. Always on the lookout for new strains. I'm thinking of ordering some new seeds soon. Not sure what yet. I don't have the ability to keep more than 4 strains realistically in the setup I have now so I have to choose wisely.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Ever hear of a strain called Deep Chunk? It's suppose to be a good one for sleep. Low yielder and grows a bit slow apparently, but a unique strain. I have some seeds but am a little nervous to pop them since they are rare and I grow outdoors guerrilla style.

insomniac_AU

Ever hear of a strain called Deep Chunk? It's suppose to be a good one for sleep. Low yielder and grows a bit slow apparently, but a unique strain. I have some seeds but am a little nervous to pop them since they are rare and I grow outdoors guerrilla style.

No I haven't heard of that one. Why don't you just pop one seed and clone it? I'm interested to see a grow/smoke report. :)

insomniac_AU

I like Jean Guy because is it's a good yielder, it's easy to grow, it is a good sized plant for growing in a tent, it tastes great and it kicks you in the face. Ticks all the boxes for me.
I do tend to get sick of the taste of strains over time though so I like to change things up every now and then.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Get some food grade magnesium supplements... that will help you sleep like a baby

Tried that as well as melatonin, didn't do a thing for me. Neither did Ambien or other prescription drugs. Certain kinds of bud have been the only thing that has been effective for me.

MrBungle

I take a 500 mg tablet
It's best to take it with your last meal, to give it time to digest.. There are also magnesium powders, that you add to water, if you are looking for something that is a little more fast acting

insomniac_AU

Day 49

Day 49

I forgot to mention I've been leeching for over a week now. I will probably go another 10 days or so. I'll see how they look then. New girls are coming along nicely. 3 x Black Russian and 1 x Jean guy for next cycle. :)