What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Here's a direct link EvergreenState :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGkx8W0uQ98

Update on the LED lighting

Got the first light build, the 12V light with 6 strips. Total of 360 LED chips.
Wired up in 2 pars of 3, running of two 50 Watt 1500 mA constant current china LED drivers.

Total pull at the wall 40.2 Watt

Wired and soldered up, ready to plug into the closet.

EvergreenState

Loved the video. I think that Whey powder had a little Russian steroids in it. Brother bulked up quick.
Love the new lights too. Hope they perform for you.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Done with the first 3 test lights and soldering the clone light, tomorrow it goes into the closet.

Notes on the grow

pH 5.8
Ec 1.6

Really cool idea with the lights. I’d like to try that out soon myself. I’ve seen a couple similar ones on this sight actually and every time I’m intrigued

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Really cool idea with the lights. I’d like to try that out soon myself. I’ve seen a couple similar ones on this sight actually and every time I’m intrigued

Then keep an eye out, I'll be going into details about what works and what didn't work for me.

As so far the LED lights are all test lights, made from different strips.
Made a 12V light, with 6x 6500K strips. Two 24V lights with 3x 3000K, 3x 6000K, 3x 8000K and one light with a mix of all 3.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Update on the closet

I have been working non stop it feels, on getting this project done.
Made a few mistakes, like soldering the 24V strips up wrong.
Had to redo both frames of 24V strips, but thats what happens.
When you try to rush things, while smoking kiff joints.

As shown in the post above, they are now lighting up again.

Made a Alu bar for mounting all my LED drivers, as they run hotter then the LED's. They will be installed in the attic, where it's bone dry.
In case of a malfunction, I wanna limit the risk of burning the garage down.

Hooked the lights up in the closet, connected the wires to the wire connectors.
Now the top part of the closet, have a massive light on!

I was then able to test my light trap, with light on in the top room and clone room.
I simply crawled into the bottom compartments and closed the doors. The door's will need a seem, to stop light leaks from outside.
But no light to be seen in the ait vents!

Once everything is done, I will give the raw wood some oil.
To give it really nice finish, but it will also harden the surface of the wood quite a bit.
So it won't scratch as easy, or get stains from moisture or what not.
It's in the scullery, dirty shit come thru there :)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thank you starke

Started a light test yesterday, to monitor the heat development.
It lasted for 12 hours, until the first Ebay 50W driver shorted out.

I have a driver for each 3 strips, no matter if it's a 12 or 24 V strip.
They are connected different, the 12V strips are running on 2x 50W.
9 of the 24V strips are running on 3x 70W drivers, and the last set of strips are running on a 50W strip.

The temps got up around 30-32 C dregrees with no ventilation, and all 3 test lights running.

Today I switched out the failed 50W driver, and connected the small scrubber.
Now I can see how the temp is gonna be, tho it's summer and it's hard to keep anything cool during the day.

Next install was "Insection hatches" from the boat shop, this way I can get easy access to turn the RO filter on and off.

Now I "only" need to fill in some seems, here and there to light proof everything.
Coat the bottoms with polyester, to make it water proof.
Hook up the feedline, drain hoze and finaly give the closet an oil coating.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
lol, that video :p

Masterclass work always, taking some cues from these builds!

I'm gonna try n feed my plants, with that whey stuff from the video! :woohoo:

Take all the notes, cues you like and feel free to ask questions if any!

Welcome aboard mate!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Clones where getting unhappy, with their enviroment and getting interupted by my building.

Topped the bubble cloner with water, to get them to float and loosen the grip on the roots.
This way I can carful but easy remove them, even if they have longer roots.

So they have been potted and put into veg, might be a little stong but starting them off at 5.8 ish pH and Ec 1.0.

They where potted in fabric pots, filled with Coco Pops.
As we all know, coco pops have lot's of good nutrients and vitamins.

Fact: Coco Pops might go soft in milk, but not in Hydro Solution!

This is getting somewhere - will be interesting to see if it's a good place!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thank you Handyandy

Follow up on the closet

No drivers died in the last 24 hours, so thats a huge plus!

Temperature looks fine, after I finished the exhaust ventilation.
The temp have droped down to 23.3 C degrees, so far that's very acceptable. Will be interresting to see, if it can keep it there once I get everything up and running. Or if I will need more air movement?!?

Flower room is on 12/12 day 31 - another 4 weeks and they should be ready to chop.

Cheese

Skunk#1

EvergreenState

Could you give us a photo of the whole flower room? I love to see a room full of flowers.
How is the Jacks working out? You think you'll reach your 3 lb target this grow?
All of your construction work, as usual, is stellar.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Could you give us a photo of the whole flower room? I love to see a room full of flowers.
How is the Jacks working out? You think you'll reach your 3 lb target this grow?
All of your construction work, as usual, is stellar.

Once the light is back on, I'll get a full room picture.

Not sure what Jacks your refering to, or the 3 lb target.
It's Cheese and Skunkt #1 in the room, and target wise I mainly aim for good bud.
It's my first grow in 10 years, so setting a target for yeald. would be a wild guess, as I don't know the plants either. Never grown any of them before.

Thanks for the comment on the construction, im doing my best and it's really nice to get all this positive feedback :D

bilko

Clones where getting unhappy, with their enviroment and getting interupted by my building.

Topped the bubble cloner with water, to get them to float and loosen the grip on the roots.
This way I can carful but easy remove them, even if they have longer roots.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77295&pictureid=1857996&]View Image[/url]

So they have been potted and put into veg, might be a little stong but starting them off at 5.8 ish pH and Ec 1.0.

They where potted in fabric pots, filled with Coco Pops.
As we all know, coco pops have lot's of good nutrients and vitamins.

Fact: Coco Pops might go soft in milk, but not in Hydro Solution!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77295&pictureid=1858000]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77295&pictureid=1857999]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77295&pictureid=1858000]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77295&pictureid=1857997]View Image[/url]

This is getting somewhere - will be interesting to see if it's a good place!

im loving these lights and even better the grow show :)

EvergreenState

Once the light is back on, I'll get a full room picture.

Not sure what Jacks your refering to, or the 3 lb target.
It's Cheese and Skunkt #1 in the room, and target wise I mainly aim for good bud.
It's my first grow in 10 years, so setting a target for yeald. would be a wild guess, as I don't know the plants either. Never grown any of them before.

Thanks for the comment on the construction, im doing my best and it's really nice to get all this positive feedback :D

Sorry I confused your grow diary with another guy who was using Jack's fertilizer and was shooting for a 3lb. yield this round.

handyandy

Hello again!
Your girls look great!!

I do like your led lights you put in your cab.
They look expensive though.

I converted from t-8 florescent 4' bulbs last year to the Philips T-8 LED bulbs made for a ballast. Only had one fixture I had to install a new ballast in ( the old one would not fire with the led)

florescent t-8 bulbs were using 40 watts each for 6 fixtures with 2 bulbs each so that was about 480 watts

LED bulbs run at 18 watts and they don't get hot at all.

The veg area now uses 216 watts of led lighting that has more light output for less energy :)

I haven't looked back since. 10 LED bulbs are $50.00 at Home Depot.

Just thought I would share my experience with them.
Cheap and very effective and adjustable

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 13

Palindrome

King of Schwag
IMO I haven't spend a whole lot on it

1 frame with 6 strips

6 strips = 9.50 $
2 Drivers = 12 $
+ heat sink 15 $

So 36.50 $ total + some wire and soldring, for a 46 Watt Strip light.
I did my best, to make them look like a million hahahaha

But it's all a test, if it don't preform as I want. I'll try something different, and I have had fun doing it.

I've might spend a 110 $ in total for the 3 lights, that could turn out to be absolute crap. That is totaly okay with me, and I'll be sure to post the results no matter if its good or bad :)

Im thinking about buying Samsung strips home for the other veg room, then do a side by side comparison of China copy vs and Samsung. Once I find the best of the cheap strips, to compare them with :D

For my amusement, if other can use it and learn from it - Cool!