What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is everyone doing for these jars of crystals

Theicc

I love how top secret the marijuana industry is... if I was an extraction company id hire a chemist or a former pharmaceutical scientist. All we doing is RE discovering processes that has been standard procedure for them since college. To the people reading this who already have a tech for this but isn't sharing... Do you really think this shit is going to be secret for much longer... I'm guessing most of you fuck boys where taught what you do anyway. And to the people who freely share their tech and lab notes the little guys, who don't have giant farms and unlimited amount of material, thank you.

Theicc

I remember reading somewhere you can seed a cystal. Like put one in and that will start promoting crystal growth. Not sure if it works for mj but might be worth a try

Theicc

How differently does it analyze than the shatter it comes from? My guess is what most people have is shatter made a different way which is fine if true if that's all it's represented as. There's lots of gray here some say you need impurities or pressure others say say they recrystallize in pentane - which is pretty much proof that what they have is not the pure THCA-A they think. Some say the crystals are pure and others say they're terpy. None of the known esters of THCA with the terpenoids are known to be solids. When Adams distilled his red oil he thought he was on to something when crystals started forming in the condenser. Those proved to be the non-cannabinoid l-quebrachitol, which could also be washed out of petroleum ether solution of the red oil with water. What anyone's crystals are I only know that extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence, and it's most likely there's nothing extraordinary going on.

Sure there were earlier threads where that came up with your high melting crystals what could they be what. Mechoulam and el-Sohly both isolated THCA-B and like CBD and CBN it crystallized readily enough. Mechoulam's product was recrystallized from slow evaporation of chloroform for the x-ray crystallography. The A form has a feature that makes it more difficult to crystallize than other cannabinoids.

The rule of thumb in chemistry in general is the odds are on larger crystals being more impure.
For those of us that got kicked out of high school, what is different between thca-a and thca-b? because many companies are making thca crystalline. Are you saying this is thca-b but not thca-a? From what I heard the thca crystalline gets people sttuuper stoned. Would it be a different experience if thca-a was in there too?

Wht do you mean by crude extracts. I ask because I have a lb of unstable dark oil that I have been experimenting with. It has never been heated above 95 in a vac oven. So I got all this oil to play with. I would like to know if it's possible to do this post extraction or if extraction is part of the process.

polish your extract (carbon scrub, dewax), dissolve in non-polar low BP solvent, slowly evaporate over a few days in a deep vessel. If you can't get any crystallization, you are way off and need to keep the solution viscous but above 50% THCA. If you see crystals forming but staying suspended, you evaporated solvent or dropped temperature too quickly. You can always add a few drops of solvent if you need to loosen up the matrix.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
For those of us that got kicked out of high school, what is different between thca-a and thca-b? because many companies are making thca crystalline. Are you saying this is thca-b but not thca-a? From what I heard the thca crystalline gets people sttuuper stoned. Would it be a different experience if thca-a was in there too?

The location of the A part of THCA, and I was kicked out too, in handcuffs. I don't know what other people have. I'm personally curious whether it is simple as people say or if there is some unseen technicality. I'll give it a try with some acid-base extract, which is already crunchy. I liked it too but everyone here was like all about the terpenes for a long time which is why this sort of thing is only now starting to interest people here. Mechoulam's melting point of B is much higher than the 60-70's c of A, CBD, CBN, etc, so smoking and vaping B would leave a lot not decarbed.

The location of the A part of THCA, and I was kicked out too, in handcuffs. I don't know what other people have. I'm personally curious whether it is simple as people say or if there is some unseen technicality. I'll give it a try with some acid-base extract, which is already crunchy. I liked it too but everyone here was like all about the terpenes for a long time which is why this sort of thing is only now starting to interest people here. Mechoulam's melting point of B is much higher than the 60-70's c of A, CBD, CBN, etc, so smoking and vaping B would leave a lot not decarbed.

Let me know what I can do to raise awareness. I can do melt temp experiments with what I have.

littlepookie

That is what anyone discussing this topic has done. Now is the time for testing. Can you contribute to R&D or just heckle from the sidelines?

Since you gave me good info!

Crystals are formed by the repeated structure of molecules in a formation. Seed crystals important in this because they someone start the aligning process.

What you need to do is have a pure THC-A concentration in a solvent and slowly evaporate it over many days. I've seen some large ones in person but I wasn't entirely able to ask yet how it was done.

My guess is you could isomerize a solution with a strong acid and put it in a solvent and slowly evaporate in a cold environment after you put a seed crystal in. That's the best of my knowledge, thanks for the pump information.

I would argue most of this information exists, maybe become friends with a 3rd or 4th year chemistry student or something, lol. Maybe pay them in beer and pizza money. :dance013:

littlepookie

To add another note it shouldn't be that hard. WHAT SHOULD be difficult is forming 12 carrat rocks like on instagram as that will need a very pure concentration in a solvent that's evaporated slowly.

I remember a classic post on a forum in which a use created an enormous meth crystal that looked like a quartz crystal and could of been shapped and worn around one's neck and walked through TSA. He slowly evaporated the solvent in the freezer over a month or two, maybe even three months. The slower the better.

Easy7

Veteran
You make humans look like the new monkeys.

That a racist comment?

Seriously. When you are cookinqg up concentrates that look more like a hard drug than the simple plant it was. Have fun smoking your crystal. Ya gonna put it in the glass dick?

littlepookie

That a racist comment?

Seriously. When you are cookinqg up concentrates that look more like a hard drug than the simple plant it was. Have fun smoking your crystal. Ya gonna put it in the glass dick?

Unhelpful trash comment with an ad hominem attack thrown in. You also confused prejudice with racist.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Is this crystal stuff what they call 'isolate'?

They are selling the shit on eBay. LMAO CBD, of course but, holy cow. LMAO

Oh, and just so I can keep with the trend of the thread..... um, if you don't believe exactly what I believe I hate you with the passion of satan and I think you should be dead. OK, that should keep my post in tune with the current thread. LMAO

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok peeps that's enough of the garbage talk, lets please keep it civil in here, if you have something to share on topic, go ahead
if not.... DON'T!

Latest posts

Latest posts