What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starke's Story: An LED Tale

starke

Reiko: Welcome aboard. Been following your thread in Micro Grows for a while now.

420: Have been checking in on your LED setup. Glad they have helped with your temp issues.

Frozen: Welcome aboard. Can't wait to see your harvest.

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Weekly update time. Did some lower defol on the ladies as they were getting overly dense and cluttered at the bottoms as is typical with clones, at least my clones anyway. One representative before and after pic of the defol and one picture of the tent as the girls looked this morning. The Super Lemon Haze looks pitiful and pissed but I am expecting her to make a full recovery.

Before Defol:

After Defol:

The girls today:

Peace,
starke

Last edited:
Hey starke your girls are looking great bro , I'll be trying a 1 gal hempy thanks to your encouraging pictures , do you cover the top of your buckets to keep evaporation on check???FSG.

starke

FakeSun: I think you will like the Hempy. I have not covered the tops and have had no issues with evaporation. I had thought about covering them initially to stop the green algae that started to grow on the top layer of medium, however, once the plants got big enough to shade the tops of the buckets the algae no longer received enough light to grow and stopped.

saitama: Doing better as long as I keep the lights high enough. Going to have to mitigate the center COBS before flower though or I'm sure I'm going to run into issues at the edges like you found. I'm in a 5x5 so will need all the power I can get on the sides for solid buds. Just have to keep on keepin' on and fine tuning as we go I guess.

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Time for this week’s update. Sadly, the Super Lemon Haze mom I was going to flower for the misses has responded poorly to the root washing and sudden changes in medium, PH, pruning and super cropping I put her through last week. If she survives she will be weeks away from recovery and being able to be flowered. I have removed her from the tent.

Super Lemon Haze:

So we are back to the original five girls who are looking good and growing fantastic. Here is a pic of them as of today. Tops are about 24 inches from the floor so this coming week I am going to build a scrog screen and begin that training.

The girls today:

Peace,
starke

Last edited:

Goats

lookin' real nice in here. considering a run with hempy more and more every day so definitely gonna watch this one.

what size are those buckets? 1 gallon? guessing since it's hempy you will be finishing them in those buckets?

keep on rocking' dude :dance013:

starke

Welcome Goats: So far I'm enjoying the Hempys. The girls have been healthy since day one and it seems almost too easy. I guess that's why I keep looking over my shoulder waiting for the shoe to drop. Still adjusting to the fact that it can be this easy. The buckets are three gallons from the dollar store and the plants will remain in them through flower.

Peace,
starke

Last edited:
Looking good. That super lemon haze will bounce back pretty quick. The one I ran was a seed plant from green house seeds. Really healthy yield and made some fragrant bho.

starke

Looking good. That super lemon haze will bounce back pretty quick. The one I ran was a seed plant from green house seeds. Really healthy yield and made some fragrant bho.

Hope she makes it. She's a clone from a Green House fem seed. I don't have room to run pheno hunts at present and got lucky with the first girl I busted out of a 10 pack. Indica leaning, pyramid shaped hard buds. Good yield, great aroma and great buzz. Fortunately she clones easily and I have several backups waiting in case she doesn't make it.

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Weekly update: The Super Lemon Haze recovered enough that I am going to try and flower her after all, because I really don't have room for her anywhere else. The other girls are looking good and I've decided to flip them into flower today. Going to run them on an 11 on 13 off light schedule.

Built a really nice 4x5 scrog screen this week but scrapped it after I put it in the tent. No room to work on the plants and my 60 year old ass is getting a little stiff to try and limbo underneath it. Looks like it's going to be strings and stakes from here on out.

Have kept the girls on about 800 ppm/.5 scale and they seem happy so I'm going to leave well enough alone while they transition to flower.

The misses and I are leaving this afternoon for an Alaskan cruise to celebrate my 60th birthday. Be back on the 14th. Hopefully the next pics will show some pistils.

Peace,
starke

Last week:

Today (Day 1 11/13):

Last edited:

starke

Just a quick update. Got home from the Alaskan adventure a few hours ago. Waited patiently for the lights to kick on at 9:00AM. Received a pleasant surprise when I unzipped the door. The young lady who house-sat for us did a tremendous job with the feed schedule. The girls have grown like crazy during the last 8 days and have begun showing pistils. Flowering has officially begun. Going to pull the girls out tomorrow and defoliate the bottoms again and do a little branch bending on the taller stalks. Will put up some more pics then. Going to crash now - been years since I've had jet lag.

9 days ago:

Today:

Peace,
starke

Goats

Awesome man. I have been hearing tons of horror stories recently from people who left friends or family to care for their plants while on vacation.
nice to come home to healthy plants in flower

starke

Weekly Update (Flower Day 14)

Weekly Update (Flower Day 14)

Today marks two weeks since the ladies were flipped to 11/13. Bent over the taller tops on the 15th and did some more lower level defoliation. I'm happy with the number of bud sites that have popped up and I am glad I did not top each of the plants a second time when I was thinking about it. The LST has worked well.

Still keeping the Maxibloom at around 800ppm/.5 and the ladies seem to be groovin' on it so I'm going to leave well enough alone for now. Next update in a week unless something fucks up.

8/14:

Today:

Left Side Tent:

Right Side Tent:

Peace,
starke

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts