What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100th superthrive thread

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I apologise the last thing l like to do is spread misinformation, according to my hippy friends and plenty of internet hearsay NAA is carcinogenic but I dont see any scientific evidence that states that, l should of done more research before opening my mouth.

Im still sticking to my guns on superthrive being snakeoil tho, it may help rooting plants because of the rooting hormone in it but thats about it and it can definitely interfere with flowering plants and give you airy buds and naners.

Kygiacomo if your just looking for B vitamins they should cost you pennies not dollars, all those B vitamin supplements are way over priced. Kelp is full of B vitamins plus and a bunch of natural photohormones and other nutural vitamins and minerals. Or you can buy pure synthetic B vitamin for super cheap at kelp4less and MBferts.
i got some liq seaweed. i didnt know it had b1-thiamine in it though. all the claims on that bottle all point to being snakeoil for sure,but thats only thing local i could get that had b1-thiamine in it. like i said i want that for the SAR in veg. im gonna order some regular kelp meal though bc im not sure if the extract i have has all the things that kelp meal does. mine is from neptune harvest and i asked them if they do cold pressed and they told me yah so i assume it has all the goodies in it. i still want the meal for the fact its alot cheaper and i can get alot more just by making the liq seaweed myself. thanks for the info gonna have to do some searching if it does has b1-thiamine in it

Granger2

Veteran
You can top dress with or make ACT with Nutritional Yeast flakes at 1 tsp-1 TBL/gal for a whole array of B-Vitamins and amino acids. Has N so go easy on it in bloom. Good luck. -granger

Texan

I have been using Superthrive with Kelp extract the last few months.

It makes a big difference in germination in my experience.

I used 2 cups of water with 10 bagseed soaking in each.

I cup was plain water and the other cup has a couple drops of superthrive w/kelp.

I let them soak and noticed the superthrived ones were shooting taproots in 24-36 hrs whereas the plain water shot roots in 72 hours.

The superthrived ones also grew much faster as planted seedlings.

Just my personal experience.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
You can top dress with or make ACT with Nutritional Yeast flakes at 1 tsp-1 TBL/gal for a whole array of B-Vitamins. Has N so go easy on it in bloom. Good luck. -granger
thanks for the info granger. your knowledge never cease to amaze me. +rep brother
I have been using Superthrive with Kelp extract the last few months.

It makes a big difference in germination in my experience.

I used 2 cups of water with 10 bagseed soaking in each.

I cup was plain water and the other cup has a couple drops of superthrive w/kelp.

I let them soak and noticed the superthrived ones were shooting taproots in 24-36 hrs whereas the plain water shot roots in 72 hours.

The superthrived ones also grew much faster as planted seedlings.

Just my personal experience.

thanks for the sharing with us Tex. does it still smell like ass even with the new formula?

NIGHTMARE

superthrives secret ingredent was a good old dose of auxins but the new formula only has a week dose ,also may now be registered, npk 0.2- 0- 0.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
superthrives secret ingredent was a good old dose of auxins but the new formula only has a week dose ,also may now be registered, npk 0.2- 0- 0.

i ended up getting the 250ml of b-52 bc it was cheap for me and still provides the b1 i need to activate SAR

im gonna +1 on anything dominion organics...

currently, i alternate day one neem/rinse, day four mantis, day seven neem/rinse, day ten mantis, day thirteen neem/rinse, day sixteen mantis

all of this on top of a neem soil drench on day one. should be out the system in 8 wk, just in time to harvest.

this is my beginning of flower/stretch/last chance to spray routine when i have bugs.

i had a handful of thrips, after one dose of mantis (pre soak and pre foliar neem) the population suffered, but remerged by the third day. hittem with the neem, and then another mantis run, and i found one left. which i smashed. haha. now im gonna do two more neem and two more mantis sprays during the stretch.

i add the b29 to my neem foliar, for the humic/fulvic - ive heard these make neem more effective, as do eucalyptus and tea tree essential oils, which i also add. i will say that i like to super charge the mantis by adding some additional rosemary essential oil, and i do believe this has a greater effect on pests, without hurting the plant/taste/smell...

in my honest opinion, seconds after spraying mantis, the aromas become stronger and by the next day: the hues; greener. its good shit. blair is a good guy.

i also use another of his foliars, MANNA, and BRIX BOOSTER, mixed in with some BENEFOX, mixed with an airstone before spraying. manna is a veg spray so i only use it during the stretch, it promotes more shoots which in a week or two will lead to more budsites. the brix booster is pretty self explanatory. lol

within a night or two of spraying manna and brix combo, my leaves get much bigger very quickly. also, his carburetor should be given a nod. he's thought of everything. currently trying out his newest bloom boost "mammoth"

love his nutes. not considering switching to anything else for now. great results.