What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100th superthrive thread

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i know they are many more on ever fourm u search on but i just wanted to know if anyone has used the new formula with the kelp extract added in it? and if so what benefit did u observe with the new? could be a alternative to the B-52 if anyone use that.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
hell ya bro that looks like some good shit. do they have a online sales store? i just sent them a email to see if i can purchase this from them

Granger2

Veteran
I just wanna say that Superthrive is absolutely NOT organic. This is a widespread misconception. For those who care about such things... -granger

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I just wanna say that Superthrive is absolutely NOT organic. This is a widespread misconception. For those who care about such things... -granger

yes i know its not organic its got NAA in it. im not a organic grower just yet. i will be trying it out though on a couple plants so i can see what all the hype is about with organic growing. i was just curious if this new superthrive with kelp extract in it is good. im about to run out of what i have left in a 4oz bottle that i got 2 years ago. the 3 plants that im running organic living soil in will not get no dose of super thrive. maybe some b-52 or thrive alive(green).

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I don't think they have an online store but call the number on their website, the guy usually always answers.

i have called the # and confirmed they do have kelp extract added in. i was hoping that u guys on Ic had used it and notice any differnt results. i still have the old version but im about out so gonna be getting the new formula soon. its a toss up between thrive alive red & superthrive right now as to what i will get. hell i may just break down and buy the silly cartoon label from AN b-52 lol

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I don't think they have an online store but call the number on their website, the guy usually always answers.

i just found the prices online. its a bit over the top on prices for what i need it to do. thanks for the heads up but i think i will either go with superthrive or b-52 bc of prices.

Dominion Organics B-29 Organic Hydroponic Nutrient 1 Liter

Price: $44.95 + $8.25 shipping

Dominion Organics B-29 Organic Hydroponic Nutrient 4 Liter

Price: $114.95 + $25 shipping

HiFiGanja

i just found the prices online. its a bit over the top on prices for what i need it to do. thanks for the heads up but i think i will either go with superthrive or b-52 bc of prices.

Dominion Organics B-29 Organic Hydroponic Nutrient 1 Liter

Price: $44.95 + $8.25 shipping

Dominion Organics B-29 Organic Hydroponic Nutrient 4 Liter

Price: $114.95 + $25 shipping

Where is that from? Those look like full MSRP prices. I'll let you know in the AM when I talk to my supplier. Are you in the US? Oh the DO guy was approached by Advanced years ago as they wanted his recipe for Benefox to use it for Voodoo Juice :p

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Where is that from? Those look like full MSRP prices. I'll let you know in the AM when I talk to my supplier. Are you in the US? Oh the DO guy was approached by Advanced years ago as they wanted his recipe for Benefox to use it for Voodoo Juice :p

only place i could find it is on amazon bro. im sure they jacked up the prices some though. yes im in the usa. i read all his products they sound really awesome. yes pls let me know i was looking at the benefox and carbuator as well

HiFiGanja

only place i could find it is on amazon bro. im sure they jacked up the prices some though. yes im in the usa. i read all his products they sound really awesome. yes pls let me know i was looking at the benefox and carbuator as well

This is in Canadian dollars and this is what I would sell it in my shop. Shipping to US would be killer though but is possible I could get it shipped from inside US would have to talk to him.

I sell lots of his Mantis and what I do is buy a big ass container and break it down. I then sell it to the end user for almost what other stores buy it for wholesale. I was thinking of doing that with B29 but not sure if I want to fork over that much money atm.

1L $40
4L $90
10L $165
20L $253

Granger2

Veteran
I was looking at the new version today at Home Depot- very quickly. Label didn't list Naa. Lists Kelp extract, still has B-1. small amounts of NPK [still not organic]. Dilution rate no longer "Drop a gallon." Can't remember for sure what it is now. 1/4 tsp/gal? 1 tsp/gal? Should have paid more attn, but was in a hurry and, I'm not in the ST market. Didn't notice price. Even if it were organic I still wouldn't use it cuzza the smell. Stinks everthing up and is persistent. -granger

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
This is in Canadian dollars and this is what I would sell it in my shop. Shipping to US would be killer though but is possible I could get it shipped from inside US would have to talk to him.

I sell lots of his Mantis and what I do is buy a big ass container and break it down. I then sell it to the end user for almost what other stores buy it for wholesale. I was thinking of doing that with B29 but not sure if I want to fork over that much money atm.

1L $40
4L $90
10L $165
20L $253
what does the mantis do? i didnt read that one. oh ok that makes sense then if in canadian dollars. i just spoke to them on the phone and they will ship it to me if i do decide to go that route. thanks for the info bro
I was looking at the new version today at Home Depot- very quickly. Label didn't list Naa. Lists Kelp extract, still has B-1. small amounts of NPK [still not organic]. Dilution rate no longer "Drop a gallon." Can't remember for sure what it is now. 1/4 tsp/gal? 1 tsp/gal? Should have paid more attn, but was in a hurry and, I'm not in the ST market. Didn't notice price. Even if it were organic I still wouldn't use it cuzza the smell. Stinks everthing up and is persistent. -granger
haha ya man it stinks to high hell. i got some on my fingers once by spilling bottle and i had to litterly take gasoline to get that damn smell off. its 1/4 tsp a gallon is what the old bottle i have here says.

HiFiGanja

what does the mantis do? i didnt read that one. oh ok that makes sense then if in canadian dollars. i just spoke to them on the phone and they will ship it to me if i do decide to go that route. thanks for the info bro

haha ya man it stinks to high hell. i got some on my fingers once by spilling bottle and i had to litterly take gasoline to get that damn smell off. its 1/4 tsp a gallon is what the old bottle i have here says.

Mantis is a bug spray. Its a contact killer so has to be sprayed often but does a good job and can be used close to the end.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Mantis is a bug spray. Its a contact killer so has to be sprayed often but does a good job and can be used close to the end.

ah that might be good to have on hand then in case u want a quick knockdown. i use neem oil and karanja oil as my preventative sprays. it works great but is not a quick knock down. IME as long as u do neem soil drenches and karanaja sprays before anything ever takes hold u will never have to worry about any pests. i hate working with the neem oil though bc of how thick it is. i like karanja oil alot better. i thought about getting azamax bc its easy to work with as well. i may try it along with karanja oil after i run out my neem

BubbaBear

Fuck superthrive man, kelp or not. I'd like to see that product registered in todays market. In the original formula the only disclosed ingredients are B vitamins which have little if any effect on plants and NAA a endocrine or hormone disruptor and a carcinogen, plus over 50 secret proprietary ingredients that the company does not disclose !!! WTF !!! Thats a lot of mystery ingredients man fuck all that, I mean maybe in veg if it gave u amazing results but does it? Does it really do anything? Except giving you the assurance that your feeding your plant a known carcinogen. People should stop supporting companies like that. People give hydroponic nutrient companies shit all the time for having secret ingredients but for a company to only list two ingredients and have 50 mystery ingredients what kinda shit is that, how do they get away with that? If thats not enough to make you not want to use it check out this YouTube experiment a guy did on several types of plants, you can see zero difference from the cancer, l mean superthrive free plants.

https://youtu.be/fR0TQaMiEuY

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Fuck superthrive man, kelp or not. I'd like to see that product registered in todays market. In the original formula the only disclosed ingredients are B vitamins which have little if any effect on plants and NAA a endocrine or hormone disruptor and a carcinogen, plus over 50 secret proprietary ingredients that the company does not disclose !!! WTF !!! Thats a lot of mystery ingredients man fuck all that, I mean maybe in veg if it gave u amazing results but does it? Does it really do anything? Except giving you the assurance that your feeding your plant a known carcinogen. People should stop supporting companies like that. People give hydroponic nutrient companies shit all the time for having secret ingredients but for a company to only list two ingredients and have 50 mystery ingredients what kinda shit is that, how do they get away with that? If thats not enough to make you not want to use it check out this YouTube experiment a guy did on several types of plants, you can see zero difference from the cancer, l mean superthrive free plants.

https://youtu.be/fR0TQaMiEuY

where did u hear that it cause cancer?. i want B1 for the SAR that it induces. i really dont care what product it comes from but im not gonna get the superthrive bc i still got id say enuff to go till mid july so i will use this up then, im gonna get that b-29. to be honest though i think my 2 packs of Wave cigs i smoke has got more carcinogens then any product that i would spray or feed my plant. the thing is u wont see nothing with the use of any b bit products bc we cant see it induce SAR. im using ever SAR inducing product i can this year after last years bought with bud rot. if u grow outdoors in the south east like i have to then u will know how bad bud rot is
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1176421/

Sylvester1

where did u hear that it cause cancer?

It's not a carcinogen. It's not listed by the NTP, IARC, Prop 65, EPA, or TRI as a carcinogen.

Nor is it an endocrine disruptor, as per Keith, Colborn, Benbrook, Danish list, nor the EU.

Not listed as a teratogen or a reproductive toxin by Prop 65, or TRI.

The LD50 is somewhere around 670 mg/kg (at the minimum) meaning a 154 pound man would have to eat two ounces of the stuff to run the risk of dying.

(That seems to be the main complaint on that page- "highly toxic." At 670 mg/kg. Nutmeg is more toxic than pure NAA.)

Plus, the action of NAA is local: it's not translocated through the plant. Apply it at the roots, you won't find it in the shoots.

Someone please tell me why NAA is so damned dangerous, and follow it up with a peer-reviewed reference, because I'm not finding any of it.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
It's not a carcinogen. It's not listed by the NTP, IARC, Prop 65, EPA, or TRI as a carcinogen.

Nor is it an endocrine disruptor, as per Keith, Colborn, Benbrook, Danish list, nor the EU.

Not listed as a teratogen or a reproductive toxin by Prop 65, or TRI.

The LD50 is somewhere around 670 mg/kg (at the minimum) meaning a 154 pound man would have to eat two ounces of the stuff to run the risk of dying.

(That seems to be the main complaint on that page- "highly toxic." At 670 mg/kg. Nutmeg is more toxic than pure NAA.)

Plus, the action of NAA is local: it's not translocated through the plant. Apply it at the roots, you won't find it in the shoots.

Someone please tell me why NAA is so damned dangerous, and follow it up with a peer-reviewed reference, because I'm not finding any of it.

most the time these claims are made by ppl that just read it with no real evidence. B1 thiamine is all i want out of it and if its got a few growth hormones in it then even better. i wont be harming no one but myself..hell the cigs i smoke are alot worse then anything u can feed a plant. i found something very funny other day on another fourm. i was reading organic section and a guy was giving a lecture about how bad material salts was and what it was doing to ppl health,then u get to the end of his thread and hes got pics up of him rolling a joint with tobacco in it lol when called upon it his claim was he only does that 1-2 times a day and it couldnt be harming him..i like reading ever section they are bc im very open minded and i want to apply everthing i can to make my grows better. i dont care if its organic or synthenic. i know u can take both ways of grow and apply it to ur growing style and get the positives from both ways of growing. im gonna be running a half organic half syntheic grow this year on some my plants. i will also be running a organic living soil with water only and then im gonna be doing a full syntheic grow. i want to see for myself what i like best

BubbaBear

I apologise the last thing l like to do is spread misinformation, according to my hippy friends and plenty of internet hearsay NAA is carcinogenic but I dont see any scientific evidence that states that, l should of done more research before opening my mouth.

Im still sticking to my guns on superthrive being snakeoil tho, it may help rooting plants because of the rooting hormone in it but thats about it and it can definitely interfere with flowering plants and give you airy buds and naners.

Kygiacomo if your just looking for B vitamins they should cost you pennies not dollars, all those B vitamin supplements are way over priced. Kelp is full of B vitamins plus and a bunch of natural photohormones and other nutural vitamins and minerals. Or you can buy pure synthetic B vitamin for super cheap at kelp4less and MBferts.