What's new

1 part dry nutes from seed to harvest. opinions plz...

S

sourpuss

What up yall!!!

Please add your 2 cents.... do you or did you use 1 part dry nutes.... why did you switch if so or is it working up to you expectations...

Personally switched from a 1 part only back to additives occasionally like cal mag carboload and kool bloom. Along with my maxibloom. I like to control to n near harvest... specifically zero n when I feel necessary..

snake oil or not??? I get more fragrant yellowed plants clean burning.... or am I doing something wrong with the one part....

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm considering a maxi only run just for the helluvit.

Been running two huge mothers onit nearly exclusively for about 4 months now.
One of them has been showing some yellowing in the lower leaves since about a month after starting & is now showing what I think is a Phos deficiency.
The other has been digging the maxi until I recently added some beneficials to the soil and it exploded into the lights and got burned. lol. Then about 2 weeks ago it began showing the same Phos deficiency symptoms.

Now that I'm writing this down I'm considering ditching the salts all together. Doh!

My youngins as of late have received the same maxi in sterile soil. They seem to be slightly less healthy than what I'm used to w organic ferts (Happy Frog), but just as, if not slightly more vigorous.

I can taste the difference in my tomatoes too. Maxi matters are a bit more tangy while my norm are sweeter. Both are damn good ta me though.

I'll at least do one plant to finish w the maxi. Might just as well use the bag up. :D

What issues were you seeing that you're switching up?

DrFever

Veteran
i have used triple 19 for out door grows for years from start to finish with great results never tried it indoor but have since tried something else for veg state and it appears to be working great Miracid 30 - 10 - 10 what is amazing is that there is no ph fluctuations it stays in the 6.9 - 7.0 i have had this out on counter for over a week tap water used 7.8
i think people should be looking for a more stable plant food that holds ph in sink i mean you do this to with general hydro and week later if left alone will drop tremendously so for now its perfect for veg in flower ?? being high N i need to find something for that but have my eyes open and will find something that may work for both stages :tiphat:

S

sourpuss

Personally found maxi to be really great alone. Healthy vigourous plants. Only drawback I found was a lack of odour as compared to my old nutes, and I may even venture as far as less frosty buds with the 1 part only. Cant say it was the nutes as there r a ton of variables. Also like to remove n near harvest. maxi alone is great product no doubt.

RetroGrow

Veteran
You answered your own question. It's Maxi FTW!
For more odor, flavor, add Florilicious Plus.

S

sourpuss

Damn it was the asslicious I needed... well thanks for the info.... shits pricey..... things always seems to end up same shit different nute company... haha

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Damn it was the asslicious I needed... well thanks for the info.... shits pricey..... things always seems to end up same shit different nute company... haha

Don't go by the recommended dose on the bottle. .5ml/gal is all you need. Bottle lasts forever:biggrin:

rangergord

I switched from AN to Maxi in flood and drain. I did not like it and switched back to AN. The savings were not worth the hassle of dissolving maxi and I found that my expensive additives were giving me faster results and higher yeilds. Even so I use only 25%of the label recommended dose and so cost is not really an issue. Another reason I went back to AN was the ph perfect tech saves me a lot of time and hassle.

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I use jack classic in veg and bloom and that's it. 1 part powder for veg, 1 part powder for bloom. Don't know if that fits your criteria, but I would call it a one part fert regime.

sdd420

Veteran
What up yall!!!

Please add your 2 cents.... do you or did you use 1 part dry nutes.... why did you switch if so or is it working up to you expectations...

Personally switched from a 1 part only back to additives occasionally like cal mag carboload and kool bloom. Along with my maxibloom. I like to control to n near harvest... specifically zero n when I feel necessary..

snake oil or not??? I get more fragrant yellowed plants clean burning.... or am I doing something wrong with the one part....
So far I'm 2 weeks in flower after 5 weeks veg only using Maxibloom but also had to add Epsom pretty early on and now will add Koolbloom too for 4 weeks or so.......... No yellowing and very little leaf loss . Still stretching so hopefully big yields are coming ........peace sdd

I switched from AN to Maxi in flood and drain. I did not like it and switched back to AN. The savings were not worth the hassle of dissolving maxi and I found that my expensive additives were giving me faster results and higher yeilds. Even so I use only 25%of the label recommended dose and so cost is not really an issue. Another reason I went back to AN was the ph perfect tech saves me a lot of time and hassle.

So I take it you use AN additives? Are you using 2mls per gal and still notice a difference?

rangergord

So I take it you use AN additives? Are you using 2mls per gal and still notice a difference?

Yes I use Bud blood and Overdrive because I can see a difference and also use Big Bud. I use 2 ml per litre of water of Sensi A/B and 1 ml per litre of the additives. Then I use a two week nutrient change schedule instead of a 1 week. More frequent changes just clog my plants up with salts rather than lead to greater growth. It was only once I stopped using the additives that I noticed the difference.

rangergord

AN additives are very overpriced........

I know AN is priced like champagne outside of France in some locales but here in Canada it is cheaper than GH! And AN has a lot of copycats. You should see what Hesi, CX and H &G sell for around here!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Adding to my previous post. When I buy Jack's and go for the big bags (20lb veg, and 10lb bloom) It costs $100. That amount last's me all year running a 5k flower room and 2k in veg. A whole year and usually a little more for $100. Doesn't get much cheaper, unless your using rols and water.

B

Baked Alaskan

Indoors I used earthboxes and a patent pending planter that I used a dry blend of Happy Frog 5-5-5 and a high P guano in trenches, not mixed in the soil. If you YouTube earthbox you can see the fertilizer trenches in use.

The trenches had a half cup or less per trench. The soil was a mix of homemade compost, old soil and forest soil. I used ACT twice per cycle, once in veg and once in early flowering.

UNBELIEVABLE RESULTS! Lower water use, less fertilizer and less work. All while letting the plant function normal, especially the roots.

Feeder roots can actively select which nutrients to break down and take up. Letting them feed at the trench works great combined with a biologically active soil.

ICbuds

Veteran
I don't need a bunch of clutter laying around. V+B still locks out the value with fulvicsamino silica.. in several water types. my shit is pH balanced for a week at a time with the ro formula. it's cheap as fuck if you know how to use it. win win