What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The OG Pic Gallery an attempt at documenting every legit OG out there pics only!

delae632

That's what I was thinking. I've got both cuts and they're different for sure. I got the cuts from two reputable folks that both said they were not the same cut as well.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I think so. If it finishes in 56 - 63 days. PK/SFV/Valley/Topanga.

As mentioned earlier by Grownout, he and I have been trying to get to the bottom of this. I think we are beginning to build a consensus.

Also having an opportunity to study pictures posted here in the forums is helping tremendously.

Nah man, Topanga, Valley and SFV are 3 different cuts. Topanga is completely different, it's an earthy lime OG. Valley and SFV are more similar but still different cuts.

I agree, this thread should be a big help sorting things out. But people gotta chill with the random hybrids. Strictly OG's or else what's the point?

big twinn

Veteran
Is the Topanga Canyon Pure Kush the same cut referred to as 91 Hollywood Pure Kush? I have the Topanga Canyon Pure Kush and was told it is limey like described. This is my first time flowering her. The 91 Hollywood Pure Kush I have heard nothing but outstanding/remarkable things about. I don't recall it being described as lime though, a lot of people have described it as being lucky charm's marshmallows on the exhale and both resemble "Pure OG kushes" not the "Bubba-esque pure kushes". I hope they are one in the same, because that sounds incredible.
Thanks ahead of time if anyone can clear this up definitively.
BT

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Im sorry big twinn i ment to hit the helpful button :/

I hear the same thing about the 91 holly pk. Straight up fiya

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
we need smoketrees in here sfv n valley r not tha same he kno bout them OG's

we all know what smokes gonna say.. i think its agreed upon theyre not the same for sure. not even close.

but now im curious about the topanga canyon pk.. im thinking its an s1, someone got it from a seed they found in some bud. mmrc has a strain called 91 topanga canyon pk as well as hollywood pk, malibu pk, valley pk, bel air pk, theyre all the same, the 91 pk. the og lucky charms one.

so i think someone got a bag of topanga canyon legendary og or whatever from mmrc, found a bean, grew it and thats the cut, if its a pure og its gotta be the same or an s1 like i said.

any info on where it came from, i can see about 3 different people have it, did yall get it from each other or completely different people? like yall dont even know each other?

ill get more pics up next week of whatever og's i have that didnt make it on here. i couldnt find some like the hollywood og, kings kush, triple x, also i got jedi og, dont know if its swerves deathstar x og cross, i think there is another jedi og going around thats just a pure og.. theres a crew in the valley thats vending cuts and they call themselves jedi genetics, might be affiliated with the dudes that put out the skywalker and yoda and them.. they vend a lot of the platinums, i think they did all the original platinum crosses, they got a platinum larry now and a few more plats.

got presidential in flower, ill try to get a pic. also a few g13/lemon diesel x chem d, its a lot like an og kush, i know it isnt but im just saying how those genetics made something very similar to og kush.

i have a question.. so now that most of us have came to the agreement that the og kush is the triangle kush or an s1 of it and the triangle is the original and from florida.. so does that mean the theory that og kush is lemon thai/paki kush x 91 chem is out the window??? or maybe is the triangle lemon thai/piaki kush x 91 chem.. or maybe someone did that cross and it is the og kush and just happens to be identical to the triangle? very confusing..

i dont know if info counts in this thread or if we just want pics. but i like info.. if yall would try to put as much info on each cut you post that would be bad ass. thanks yall.

N-P-Kali

Agreed Big Scoot.

I'm here in the valley, and when I started up, back in the day, I was told only 3 Legit cuts existed. (I still subscribe to that school of thought) Since then everyone here, myself included, has seen an explosion of cuts that carry the OG moniker. So, today when I hear OG's referred to as SFV, Valley, 818, Topanga, PK, Triangle, Larry, "G", Skywalker, Louis XIII, Fire, Triangle, Presidential, Bel-Air, Yoda, etc., my mind tries to deduce, simplify, and categorize these alias's down to those original three cuts by means of frames of reference. This forum is an example of a frame of reference. Here we can compare notes, so to speak, by sharing our pictures and experiences with respect to individual cuts.

Just a little insight into the workings off my mind. I, by no means, have all the answers. But like everyone here, I would like to see how far down the rabbit hole we must go before we find the truth.

Thanks for all the feedback and insight here thus far, and let's keep this thread going. In time, we may yet figure out the enigmatic lineage of these OG Kush cuts.

SmokeTrees - Jump in any time big guy.

N-P-Kali

i have a question.. so now that most of us have came to the agreement that the og kush is the triangle kush or an s1 of it and the triangle is the original and from florida.. so does that mean the theory that og kush is lemon thai/paki kush x 91 chem is out the window??? or maybe is the triangle lemon thai/piaki kush x 91 chem.. or maybe someone did that cross and it is the og kush and just happens to be identical to the triangle? very confusing...

I was told again, just recently, by one of the guys my cuts came from, who has been growing OG since he was 15, circa1997, the original is the Lemon Thai X Chem91 X Paki-Kush cross.FWIW Could be Triangle is the same. Who know's?

jackmayoffer

Veteran
Just Got the LEGEND, GHOST, BIG E OG,(a cross made by OBS Fire x Legend) opps FIREXCHEM D, TAHOE OG, Tahoe x Alien . I will snap some pics in a few days once there get big enough still haven't seen or found an OG that stacks up to the White Fire #43, Hopefully one of these will. JACK.

big twinn

Veteran
Did a little research and figured I would post my findings in regards to my own question. Maybe someone had the same question in regards to the Topanga Canyon Pure and 91 Hollywood Pure:

Growing the hprc/legendary pure kush atm.... Seems to be one of many cali pk's.... Definite OG with the structure being a little bit more stocky than other og's. Reminds me of other og's I've had but with a lime smell instead of the lemon pinesol. Lucky charms and marshmallows in the background. Potency is awesome, some of the strongest I've grown to date (the high being roughly 60/40 ind/sat) yet at the same time it's the best thing I've found yet for anxiety.

the taponga canyon pure kush and hollywood pure kush should be the same cut. it goes around with a few names.. 91 pk, hollywood pk, topanga canyon pk, pk ripper, 91 og, etc etc.. it is a very rare clone and is straight fire og.. whoever said lucky charms tones was spot on, u can get it a little on the exhale. very potent buds. i'd say a little more indicaish then most og's and better then most og's as well.. def one of my favorites.

my cut is finicky and has super thin viney branches.. stretchy like the typical og. always stinks though.

hi,
topanga canyon pure kush is what most people call pk or just pure kush. we have a broadleaf kush ive had for ten years that has always been called pure kush so we place the topanga canyon in front to differentiate between the two. no question when growing, only problematic when describing.
tpk is the bookend to sfv. sfv is a lemon, tpk is a lime. if you have both you pretty much have the og experience. thats not to knock any other ogs as there are many fantastic variations on the theme but if i had to pick two ogs that just do it it would be these two for sure.
best,
30y

Hope this helps. Cheers,
BT

jackmayoffer

Veteran
Sure we would of liked to of kept it to all the OG legit cuts but its hard not to put in an OG / cross that is super special . At the end of the day this thread is for us all to share and compare and learn what we have and what we want.And what we think is an OG maybe not be the same cut, some may be the same. Thanks to all the guys posting pics its cool to see the different OG'S even if there are a few Hybrids out there. Its going to be a big help seeing Slausons OG'S in flower. The crazy part is one OG grown in soil when finished looks different then the same OG grown in coco. I have found a pure true OG does much better with low EC and the lights ran higher. At the end of the day for those who have grown OG, What OG would you pick if you had to pick just one. I know its hard but pick 1 .:biggrin:

ill have a definite answer for that soon :)

i'd have to say that true skywalker og is the one i'd pick.. theres many others that might be a little better or the same but the skywalker seems to grow a little easier and just a better plant then the others. thats big for me cuz i dont care if its the best thing ever, if its really hard to grow and keep you might not even get it to be at its best.

other og's i go back and forth with being favorites, tahoe og, the king louie lately, 91 pk, true og.. havent done the legend or finished the triangle yet, so it might change.

but the true skywalker og.. the way those buds come out, those are my favorite ogs, the ones that are rock hard little pine cone christmas tree pop corn looking buds with sharp ass points, huge calyxs, almost foxtaily like braided but not.. those are the best. the king louie buds are like that as well.

and i agree with jack, if its a special og hybrid thats og dominant, an extra picture doesnt hurt, just make it clear what it is. the more pics the better so im not gonna get mad at any. the more you talk about the white fire 43 the more i keep dreaming about how dank it is. the amount of wifi beans you popped its gotta be the best pheno yet for sure, it only makes sense.

The crazy part is one OG grown in soil when finished looks different then the same OG grown in coco
That's the truth for sure i played with coco for a while and the OG in soil versus coco was pretty significant ime.
At the end of the day for those who have grown OG, What OG would you pick if you had to pick just one. I know its hard but pick 1 .:biggrin:
From 2005-2008 I sourced a lot of different clone only OG's and hybrids. Larry, SFV, Ghost, Tahoe, Poison, Private Reserve, Humbolt, Kaia Kush were the ones that stood out and got multiple runs...For me the Larry was the cut if i absolutely had to choose just one. I killed the lanky Pure Kush before I could flower her unfortunately. Would like to compare that and legend and the tk to really see how the Larry would hold up. From seed i've found worthy plants in rascal's FireOG X Afghan Kush fems, and Kryptonites SFV BX1.

The Baphomet

Veteran
Tahoe OG 46 days
picture.php

picture.php

Nspecta

Veteran
the infamous irene. just a clone but better then nada. hopefully flower pics within 3 months.

View Image

View Image

if you can tell that this is not irene by this pic please say so. i dont have a clue what irene even is.

The infamous Irene

attachment.php

attachment.php

If Irene looks similar to or like an OG Kush...you don't have THE Irene Kush. If your Irene has the structure & look of a Bubba or Master Kush with a bit of a different leaf then you prolly have the Infamous Irene. :scripture:

Attachments

• Irene-Veg.jpg
    Irene-Veg.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Irene-leaf.jpg
    Irene-leaf.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 26