What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Abja Roots flower pictures

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Everyone has really liked the J-1. So I've definitely been sharing the cut with anyone who is interested in it amongst my friends. It's a real pleasure to grow, trim, vape, etc.... Just a really nice plant. Not surprised the dispensaries were into it. It's just a nice herb.

Mooch755 - D4SD #5 (Just add water soil mix 2nd use)

I wanted to add some pics of this female. I let it go longer than the other ones. There were new plants which went into the room, and this one was getting pulled in and out of the room during it's dark cycle. It threw one or two little male flowers, but they didn't produce any seeds. This was by far my favorite one.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Got nuthin but great things to say bout j1 that shit is fire but I can't wait to see what u do with that livers cut mang she was one of my favs she can be taken early at50 days but needs 9/10 wks to really shine early samples were ehh but at 70 whole new ball game reaks like blueberry dirty diaper real unique cut I'm sure u will keep around...

NorCal

Veteran
I've had the J1 at a few clubs here in SF and it was definitely some fire. Not sure if it was any of your guys' stuff.....The nose on it ranged from somewhat bland with a little fruity ness, to more of a loud jack smell. So kinda all over the spectrum in my opinion, just depends on where it came from. Makes me wonder how many phenos there are. Is that a nanner in the first pic? Just wondering, no doubt shit still looks fire

NorCal

Veteran
Yeah dude that's the one I favored for sure. Now get your ass to the dumpster so you can grab those cuts!!!

Abja Roots

Veteran
Is that a nanner in the first pic? Just wondering, no doubt shit still looks fire

It is....I don't want to blame the genetics as it was my first run. This plant got left to finish when the rest of the room came down. It was getting pulled in and out of the room and having it's cycle disturbed. I know the Sours/Chems are sensitive, so I imagine that is what caused it. One of these did throw more nanners. Enough that I won't run it again. There were no seeds though, for whatever that's worth.

I've got some cookies going into flower. The first batch I've put under 1kw's.

There will be some more pictures soon. All around day 53 or so.
Pitbull OG X SD
SFV OG
GSC
LVPK

NorCal

Veteran
that pit bull is pretty awesome. Is that a reservoir cross as well? I can't find any ifo on it online. Let that stuff go long enough and shell purple up on you. My only issue is it's kinda fluffy like the sour, maybe even fluffier it's def not as dense as the OG. Very bulboous calyxes on alot of the nuggets too.

Props been telling me about the LVPK but I've never seen or smoked the stuff im def curious to see those pics. I guess You can't go wrong with any of those genetics really.

Abja Roots

Veteran
I'm pretty sure it was a Rez cross. I think he gave some packs to someone up north, who made the selection. I would agree that it doesn't seem as dense as the OG, and it does seem fluffy. Interesting structure on it. The ones that are going now are definitely purpling up. We'll see how the finished product turns out.

They've raged about the LVPK for a while. I didn't keep any cuts of it, but I know that it's floating around in our circle. There's so many cuts and not enough space to keep them all.

I'm sure you know how that is :)

N

Nondual

Hey I missed this thread. Nice stuff! I really like J1. Ran it exclusively for a few years. Pretty bulletproof and people loved it. A real crowd pleaser. Tried a few crosses with with but the male always stomped on it. A friend found a male from some Purple Afghani x Oaxacan that a gringo made in Mexico years back that used to grow green down there and ship across the border. He's made a J1 bx4 and super sativa leaning. Really awesome stuff I need to get some samples to a few friends to try. Super fragrant and tasty!

Have always like Jack.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Pitbull = Rez OG (apparently not his SFV or hindu, but another "special" og) was hit with sour D IBL pollen....only 5 packs released right before he got busted. vagpuncher got them, they made its way to humboldt county to a homie of mine who found 2 good phenos...

the outdoor pitbull is some of the frostiest weed ive seen....more caked resin that most indoors ive seen.

didnt know it purpled up! guess i gotta try her again one round...i grew her once but had minor root aphid problems so the representation wasnt the best...real frosty herb though.

Abja Roots

Veteran
That J-1 is a really amazing plant. I've honestly thought about not running my sour anymore and only running J-1 for a while. It's a breeze to grow, yields well(for me an easy 1.5lb/1kw),has an interesting functional high, leaves a nice taste in the air and in your mouth. It even finishes in a reasonable amount of time. It's been interesting in that there has not been a single person yet who didn't like it. I'd like to give it to a few different women to get some feedback from them, as the testers so far have been predominantly men.

I got to try some Shasta Jack, XJ-13,and a few other Jack strains. Which all seem to exhibit a similar distinguishable terpene profile. It's interesting that you said it got dominated by the males. I wonder if because of the parents and their less inbred origins, this might be a cut that shows itself more in the 2nd generation of incrosses(an idea that I've read about).

I read something once which said that if you take 2 plants. One a female clone and one a male of a different breeding stock. Then when you cross them together, you are effectively reducing the maximum contribution of each parent to 50% of the genes in the subsequent generation. It seemed to make sense. It could be a bit skewed, because they might have some genes in common. The idea is what intrigued me.

So back crossing to a cut, is not what it's made out to be by some. I had someone tell me they had back crossed to a certain cut 4 times so it was 93.75% of the original clone. I didn't want to say anything, because I'm not really sure myself.

So if anyone has any ideas or thoughts. Please explain why?

I would be interested in a list of peoples experiences with certain clone only females, in regards to how they fared in crosses, in terms of which characteristics were found to breed true in future progeny. It would help to inform your decision when deciding to make some seeds.

Thanks again everyone.

N

Nondual

That J-1 is a really amazing plant. I've honestly thought about not running my sour anymore and only running J-1 for a while. It's a breeze to grow, yields well(for me an easy 1.5lb/1kw),has an interesting functional high, leaves a nice taste in the air and in your mouth. It even finishes in a reasonable amount of time. It's been interesting in that there has not been a single person yet who didn't like it. I'd like to give it to a few different women to get some feedback from them, as the testers so far have been predominantly men.

I got to try some Shasta Jack
J1 is tough and has forearms like Krunch. When I first started doing hydro in a 4800 watt room with GH nutes was using a Truncheon to test PPM's. Well late in veg just before the flip the 2 smallest, weakest plants started showing symptoms of over ferting. Everything else was just bangin along. I tested the res and scratched my head cause it was 1100 PPM and was using a years old proven recipe. Normally at that point the PPM was more like 900. I cleaned the Truncheon and it was flashing cause it was too high to register. I diluted a sample from the res 50/50 with water and saw the res was actually at 2200 PPM. Ha ha...whoa that cut is tough :biggrin:

N

Nondual

I had someone tell me they had back crossed to a certain cut 4 times so it was 93.75% of the original clone. I didn't want to say anything, because I'm not really sure myself.

So if anyone has any ideas or thoughts. Please explain why?
Well that percentage you posted is kind of true. It depends on the dominant/recessive aspects of the genes involved from the original parents and how they combine/chunk up and also with back crossing the male selection. You can't just pick any male. If you want to fix certain traits you should select for those traits in the male. The J1 bx4 for sure has a very similar terpene profile and taste yet the bud structure is ridiculously sativa and the high type much more up and clear than the J1 mom. When you smell the bx4 is for sure has a sativa terpene profile if that makes any sense. I find the J1 high type a bit muddy. Still up and I'm not talking body type high stuff but muddy if that makes sense. The backcrossing went in a very different direction and J1 and the selected bx4 pheno I'm talking about are distinctly different.

Another thing to keep in mind is land race genetics, pretty much what the Oaxacan dad was as it was selected from 'pure' Oaxacan stock in Mexico, tend to take over crosses as they are gladiators born and raised in the wild and not some hybrid created by man in some grow room. Natural selection and survival of the fittest. That Oaxacan dad from way back really exerted itself all the way along.

A friend grew some outdoor Red Dragon, which is a Brazilian White sativa hybrid, and was selling it for 22 a pound and wanted to trade out 1 for 1 with some of the J1 bx4 and he's a sativa head like me. There's a distinct similarity in the terpene profile of both J1 bx4 and Red Dragon. There's a note in there that's pretty much identical. Good stuff!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Well

Well

Many women sampled j1 from me and they all loved it.... That j1 Is my women's fav strain she ever smoked first time her and all her friends were goin crazy over it...
I know what ya feel bout muddy high not couch lock more confused cloudy hard to function...nur motivated to get up do things just hard to figure out how to get them done....
J1 is real good but don't get rid of ya sour for good mang it's still a sour world...

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
J1 is a wonderful cut and one that women, especially seem to favor..not that dudes dont like it but they at least didnt bug me about it when i stopped growing her..ha...reminds me of yellow gatorade...it was fun and fascinating watchingh that cut spread like it did..and still is..thanks non dual
---abja-great variety man and it all looks kill..great job

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
that terpine profile seems to show up in alot of polyhybrids...like its some old dominant trait that comes back several generations later....i saw two different seed strains both produce this terpine profile from pollenhacking. one was a hermie seed found in a pound of new wave, which is a purple kush and diesel hybrid thats known to be unstable...friend grew it up north and it smelled just like the jack and looked like basic green weed. and another friend had some chemxsourxbubblegum seeds that he sent me, all turned out that same smell....

but it is a sour world...my sour jar is half the size of the jack jar and its only been a few days..its the jar most visitors prefer to pick out of when they drop by for a smoke-out. the jack gets many compliments on the look and taste but the sour is the crowd favorite for sure..

NorCal

Veteran
that terpine profile seems to show up in alot of polyhybrids...like its some old dominant trait that comes back several generations later....i saw two different seed strains both produce this terpine profile from pollenhacking. one was a hermie seed found in a pound of new wave, which is a purple kush and diesel hybrid thats known to be unstable...friend grew it up north and it smelled just like the jack and looked like basic green weed. and another friend had some chemxsourxbubblegum seeds that he sent me, all turned out that same smell....

but it is a sour world...my sour jar is half the size of the jack jar and its only been a few days..its the jar most visitors prefer to pick out of when they drop by for a smoke-out. the jack gets many compliments on the look and taste but the sour is the crowd favorite for sure..

Dude your telling me. My personal jars are getting low and on the other hand I had to put the champion nug jars I saved for you away because people kept offering me loot for them. Even after I tell them it's not for sale they try and coerce me into taking a nug out so they can smoke on. LOL by the time you come grab em shits gonna be nice and cured. Fuck it.... I guess things could be worst.....

Latest posts

Latest posts