What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often should i be useing molassas in flowering cycle?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
How often should i be useing molassas in flowering cycle?
this is for both indoor and outdoor garden. indoor is in coco and outdoor is in soil.

I got some brer rabit black strap molassas unsulphured.
is this good to use for my plants.

Also can I use molassas on regular veggie plants. ie peppers and stuff.

thanks for yalls info on this.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I don't know how often you "should," but I can tell you how often I do (indoors soil only, don't know about outdoors).

I give them some molasses whenever I do a transplant. First watering in a new pot they get a shot of molasses in the water. After that, maybe one more time during veg. Then maybe once every other week or so during flower, or about 3-4 times over 8-9 weeks.

I used to add some molasses every 2nd watering during flower, but started noticing the runoff water was turning brown, so I figured that was too much molasses, and it was just being wasted.

BTW, this assumes you're using organic ferts. Molasses is a source of calcium and magnesium, but I think its biggest benefit is "feeding the soil," which is the opposite of what you do with chemical ferts.

Moonjuice5050

d3.jpg i water with molasses everyother watering 1 tsp per gallon, and then bump it up to 2 tsp per gallon last 3 weeks even in flush, but i dont start giving them molasses til around week 3- thats just what i do, the ladies love it, that pic is grandoggy purps 21 days 12/12

BudZad7

Molasses is Good!!

Molasses is Good!!

:tiphat: Hello all!!! Brer Rabbit is the Best IMO....gives the best taste in finished product.....In soil to be safe 1.5 tsp per gal once every week, and in cubes the same added to your ferts....Micro herd loves it
:wave:

mg75

i never used to use sugars/carbs. now the person i am involved with feeds them with every watering... no matter what. he uses botanicare sweet original berry and AN carboload. they get it until the chop day. he also foliar sprays the nutrient mixture with every watering. go figure... but it works. he produces some amazing diesel buds. best i have seen.
he claims that the sugars/carbs keep the plant going and feeds the beneficials all the time.

he grows in promix bx. botanicare nutes and some other additives. a bit extreme for me but the shit works.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
have any of yall ever foiler feed with molassas?
and wat was ur outcome.

Im wondering if it would help the flowers get dense like when u feed the soil.

Last edited:

dizzlekush

ive heard of molasses being used as an all organic sticking agent in foliar systems. its main component is sucrose, which is a rather worthless thing to spray a plant with unless you're trying to attract insects. all in all there's better sticking agents, although they're probably more expensive.

all in all ive seen zero scientific evidence of any kind of molasses having benefits to plant growth when applied to either the rhizosphere or to foliage (aside from being a sticking agent for other applied products). its an odd paradigm that has been floating around for a while. molasses can help make chlorine and chloramines inert. its been said that molasses has a weak chelating effect on excess salts to help leech it from the medium, or it provides an alternative source of carbohydrates for microbial life. either way i doubt any sugars from molasses "sweeten" your buds or get absorbed into the plant and become metabolically active. bugs love it though...

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Uh dizzlekush, lol... who is spraying molasses on their plants? that is asking for mold.

Applied to promix/worm castings, molasses has never attracted any bugs in my experience... perhaps the bugs were already in your soil.

Lately I'm using it once every third watering... like molasses, plain water, feed water, repeat.

Use some sulphured molasses for awesome smell/flavor expression in the stankydankier strains, but switch it for unsulphured halfway thru flower because a little sulphur goes a long way.

I don't use molasses right when I transplant... First I use liquid seaweed to reduce shock, then follow it up with a worm castings and molasses mix as the plants start establishing new growth.

Eventually I will bother with the aerated teas, they seem great.

Basically when your leaves get a waxy look to them your plants got enough molasses.

I dig Honey ES. Its the only thing from Humboldt Nutes worth using.

Been using it for 2+ years. I add 1 tsp/gal with all flower feeds.

One guy already said it.....stop using it when you begin flushing.

One of the best mixes in my garden is Honey ES, Liquid Karma, Big Bloom and Orca. :)

Plants fuckin jam!

i buy cheap from the local feed store. molasses is included everytime i feed which is every day. that is from beginning to end, even while flushing as it helsp leach out the salts which give harshness to the smoke.