What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

closet cultivation

hendrix

hey people,
im just about to start building my own growing cabinet, ive been reading loads and have a fair idea of the equipment im gonna need, and the medium im gonna use (organic soil) ive even been doing some "serious reserch" into which strains im gonna grow, but one thing evades me, lighting, theres so much avalible here (amsterdam) that im spoilt for choice, i plan on building the cabinet approx 2ft x 4ft x 6ft , i think 400w is ample, a fairly learned friend of mine says 250w would be fine, also lighting type, a bloom lamp on a light mover seeems logical, i dont want to have to change the lighting between the veg/flowering periods, im eager to start building, please help:confused: :confused: :confused:

ken

2x 250s or 400s would be nice ;)

a single 400 or 600 would also be ok, but i think 2 250s in small (mini wing) reflectors would be good :)

any type of hps should be fine, agro/planta/grolux, etc would be preferable, but they seem to be hard to find if u want a 250.

Last edited:
make sure you'll be able to control the heat with whatever light(s) you get..

i think heat is the biggest factor in closet grows. Im growing in a wardrobe closet right now with a 250 and its working fine...i know i wouldnt be able to control the temps with a bigger light, so keep that in mind.

Latest posts

Latest posts