What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvest Help!

Cheech

Hello All,

I need some trichome advice. I am currently growing 1 Lifesaver and 1 Soma Afgahn Delight. Today will be 67 days in flower the buds still look ok all the pistils are red/brown and buds are crystally. I am after the "couch lock" high not the "up" high it gives me anxiety. I'm getting very nervous due to the fact that none of the trichs are amber yet and I don't want to harvest too late and blow it. I recently tried some of the LS and it was more of a up haze feeling rather than a true mind bending high. I also tried some Soma yesterday it's a little stonier than the LS at this point but again it's not kicking my ass. Can you harvest too late and miss the window? Bog says to harvest when half of the trichs are milky which they are presently. He says nothing about amber trichs and although the trichs are half milky it's still not kicking my ass. Should I give it another week or so until I see amber or what am I doing wrong.

Thx in advance for your help!

hey mate, just give them some more time, your not doing anything wrong just sometimes they will take abit longer to finish then usual, could be a different pheno expressed, theres not much you can do to speed things up besides reduce the lighting a little bit by and by a couple of hours is enough and it should slightly speed up the maturation process,

a week should be enough if the trichs are half milky, i wouldnt want to go to long though as after the peak harvest window the thrichs slowly start to degrade,

cheers

~HG

Cheech

It's all good!!!

It's all good!!!

For those of you who wondered what happened to the potecy aspect of my small harvest. Although I was very nervous about missing the harvest window, I am happy to say that I was patient eventhough the plant was on it's last leg I trusted the comments on this board and waited for the trichomes to go amber. I am so glad that I waited now the weed kicks my ass lke I wanted. So for tose of you confused about trichomes and when to harvest first they first appear clear then cloudy/milky then finally amber. I waited for about 5-10% of the trichomes to go amber. The high is not too sleepy yet not too heady and up it's just right. By letting the trichomes go amber I have avoided the anxiety feeling that clear trichomes cause you to feel. Let them go amber if you want your ass kicked without the anxiety factor even if it takes 10 weeks plus like mine did!!!

Cheech:D

G

As the great Soma says:

"If you think they're done wait another week"

Truer words never spoken

Texas Kid

Cheech

What's next?

What's next?

Texas-

I truely agree with the Soma quote, it's all about patience.

Led-

I love Zep one of my all time favorite bands.

I just crossed some DP's Blue Moonshine with Soma's Afghan Delight, crossed Lifesaver with Soma's AD, crossed DP's BM & Bog's LS. I currently have Blue Moonshine going and a few WYD's along with Soma AD's. Once the seeds mature from the crosses they will be grown out.

I guess I should also give a quick smoke report on the two starins I grew.

Bog's Lifesaver: I give this strain an overall "A" I will definitely grow this again and again. The high is just right like I said before not edgy and not too sleepy a great Indica dom strain with a great high. I let them go for 76 days in flowering outdoors when chopped. Trichs were about 5-10% amber. My friends all dig it too! Bog you really did a great job with this one it takes my anxiety and migraines away. Good job!

Your efforts are appreciated here

Soma's AD: Still drying...

Latest posts

Latest posts