What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Advanced Nutrients expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like another ridiculous AN claim to me. AN is like driving a ferrari, and GH is like driving a hoopty. Ya OK, care to explain this? If anything, I would say GH is closer to a Ferrari. Very high quality, and have history. AN is kind of like a Pontiac Fiero, looks like a Ferrari on the outside, wishs it was a ferrari, buts its really just a poor old piece of junk pontiac.

I won't go into it, bud bug hit the nail on the head. I have a new policy for buying nutes, if the ingredients aren't on the bottle, I'm not buying it. If AN put all there ingredients on the bottle it would be really easy to see, its not any different than all the other nutes on the market, that cost much less.

Just curious, has anyone actually ever used there 100 percent guarantee and got there money back? Sounds like another sales pitch to me.

Just for the record, I have tried AN, H&G, and GH. Turns out its genetics that make the biggest difference in quality, not nutrients. Who would have thunk it?

G

Guest 18340

The price of AN Micro/Grow/Bloom (1L/ea) is a little less than the price of GH FloraGro/Micro/Bloom (1Qt/ea) (1L is ~1qt)

They do have other products which are expensive—are those worth the price or is the cheap AN line great for Cannabis?

Please folks, lets not let this thread get off topic. Most AN threads turn into a pissing contest and end up locked.:ying:

B

Bud Bug

All im saying is give them a try. Not to listen to everyone that bags on them cause i know theres people out there pulling twice the yield then they would with anything else.

I did and saw no difference in yield. I get any food I want for free or at cost and with the results I got from AN even at free I rather go with other foods, besides not wanting to personally support a company with quack statements and advertising.

And as far as yield? I would rather get one gram of the best bud i've smoked, then 100 lbs of schwag. So while yield is good... Quality is what i want.

You do realize that the environment and strain usage has more to do with the quality of your final product then food does?

Just people always say "I get better results with way less money"...

And people do.

[/quote]AN stands by their name... [/quote]

And no one else does?

[/quote]The example was to point out while you can piece together something thats "better" (be it more yield, flavor, growth, everything)... when/if something goes wrong - you have nothing to fall back on. Its like building a fast car, but because you cheaped out you throw a rod. Since you may not always know what you're doing (Not everyone you advise knows whats going on with nutes... i admit ive got lots to learn) and you can end up hurting it more then helping.[/quote]

This makes no sense whats so ever.

I feel its a good product.

Not many people will say they suck, its just they're the same with over hyped statements and no real proof.

Whats to lose?!

A whole lot of wasted time and supporting a company with questionable claims and advertising.

Now back to the original question and this product really turned me off AN - Rhino Skin

Why the hell would anyone want to pay $90-100 for 4L of potassium silicate when you can get it from other manufacturers for 1/3 the price and same concentration.

toohighmf

Veteran
Cannarado, I am an ex tech rep for one of the 2 og distributors. I was a moderator on their med forums, and was the largest retailer of AN in the US I was an Poster boy! I could add all this free shit to my res and got really nice nugs. Just as good as everything else I have used. Bud bug is correct. The best buds will yield well when grown right. I can grow medicinal grade cannabis with a $12 can of 1 part. Why use so much pricey crap that costs less than label on the bottle and is marked up 10,000%??? Why use 12+ things in your res if your not getting 12x the weight, why use it?

skunktoker

Fact is you dont need the whole line ...and to think or assume you do is just plain bogus ...to most of the AN haters cant afford the stuff so they bash it ..but to think that GH is better then AN ...lmfaoooo thats so fals and so untrue ..perhaps to someone that cant grow
perhaps they can make this claim ...most of the an haters have no idea what thier talking about much like GHS most of the bashers are bandwagon jumpers and couldnt grow good weed no matter what nute they had ...I like AN and ill continue to use and I could care less what all the bashers and haters say I had better buds growing with miracle grow then I did with GH ......the more bashing that goes on the more silly the haters sound ...once again you can grow good buds with any line of nutes and you dont need the whole line of any manafacturer to make good buds .......ST

toohighmf

Veteran
Oh and I would compare AN with a car peiced together by a bunch of spare parts. The whole line was stolen by real labs who made original products and AN just knocked em off. Look at their relationships with supernaturals or rambridge. Hell, I remember when AN tried to buy grotek. 100% snake oil.

skunktoker

Hyundai puts out a shitload of advertising too. Do they make a superior automobile? You pay for that advertising budget every time you purchase and brag about how great a product you overpaid for. Some do it as a defense mechanism. "I use AN and I'm an expert! How can I be wrong???" whatever. Go grab some maxibloom, koolbloom, molasses, and maybe some fulvic from home depot. All in your lookin @ roughly $40. I bet it will smoke your AN recipe. AN is decent. It's not the end all of plant nutrition. Particularly for cannabis.

I also use mollasses And I also tried maxi-bloom and grow stuff never would mix right or totally dissolve didnt like it ...got better results when I used dyna-grow or even miracle grow ....or better yet roots organics buddha grow and bloom had great results aswell ...hmmmm common theme here YOU CAN GROW BUD WITH ANYTHING just find the one you like ...also I could care less about how much I pay for nutes im not worried about money I have plenty of it ............ST:tiphat:

Cannarado

Just curious, has anyone actually ever used there 100 percent guarantee and got there money back? Sounds like another sales pitch to me.

Just for the record, I have tried AN, H&G, and GH. Turns out its genetics that make the biggest difference in quality, not nutrients. Who would have thunk it?

Yes. It was in another thread similar to this one. He had used one of their products (while using other AN products even), didnt like it and returned it for 100%.

Like previously stated - You're not forced to try all products together. You can split things up, try some stuff, mix with others and create your own tea.

You dont have to like it. If you dont, state your claim and leave if thats all you have to offer. AN threads do get shut down just because people dont like their product and cant face or understand how people can like a product.

I cant really state much for it other then i will be trying it. I've used GH, like it. I've used Fox farm... liked it, but GH ownes it. Some people sware by fox farm. My friends using Roots organic on part of my crop that i've got at his house, looks wonderful. Cant wait to have it in my garden. I just encourage others to try things. People are to quick to take someone's word rather then challenge it and try for themselves.

THMF - You're right. You cant just add better nutes and vola, better crops. But if you've got you're room quite dialed in, and your not able to fine tune much more... maybe adding AN could bump it up. Im not saying it does every time, but i also wont say it wont! Some people like the ease of just buying the whole line to be brand loyalty. You have a lot of good information, but theres always more then one way to skin a cat.

B

Bud Bug

.to most of the AN haters cant afford the stuff so they bash it ..

Most of AN products don't cost more then the other manufacturers Except for Voodoo and Conny and Rhino Skin.

Now for all of you AN lover PLEASE tell us what is so special about Rhino Skin vs there other silicate products that they think it can be sold 3x as much as the others.

but to think that GH is better then AN ...lmfaoooo thats so fals and so untrue ..perhaps to someone that cant grow

AN wishes that one day they're gonna be as successful as GH. GH as a company is beyond what AN is or ever will be, kinda strange how big they are since they're products according to you are ".lmfaoooo"

Don't you think there's something wrong with a company that after all those years they don't have a clear path to who they are as a brand and they have to advertise years in advance that they have some "super" nutrients on the way... yet after all those years where are the new nutrients?

skunktoker

Most of AN products don't cost more then the other manufacturers Except for Voodoo and Conny and Rhino Skin.

Now for all of you AN lover PLEASE tell us what is so special about Rhino Skin vs there other silicate products that they think it can be sold 3x as much as the others.

AN wishes they one day they're gonna be as successful as GH. GH as a company is beyond what AN is or ever will be, kinda strange how big they are since they're products according to you are ".lmfaoooo"

Don't you think there's something wrong with a company that after all those years they don't have a clear path to who they are as a brand and they have to advertise years in advance that they have some "super" nutrients on the way... yet after all those years where are the new nutrients?

I never tried rhino-skin...I have used barricade long ago before it was rhino-skin ...And for a silicate I prefer pro-tekt by dyna-grow..see as I stated you dont have to use the whole lineup what I do use from An is thier base nutes plus big-bud the old version powder followed up with overdrive never used voodoo juice either never bought it ...for bennies i use something else actually I like aqua shield ..by botanicare also have used orgenisms-xl from roots organics good stuff but you can find better ...tried conni before didnt notice that big of a difference over the base nutes I prefer GMB or even sensi-2 part .....once again dont have to buy all thier products thats foolish not cause I cant afford it but because I choose not to..............ST:tiphat:

toohighmf

Veteran
I also use mollasses And I also tried maxi-bloom and grow stuff never would mix right or totally dissolve didnt like it ...got better results when I used dyna-grow or even miracle grow ....or better yet roots organics buddha grow and bloom had great results aswell ...hmmmm common theme here YOU CAN GROW BUD WITH ANYTHING just find the one you like ...also I could care less about how much I pay for nutes im not worried about money I have plenty of it ............ST:tiphat:

Dynabloom is myAll time favorite base. I have used:
SUperbloom powder, peter's, supernaturals, nutrilife, maxibloom, GH flora series, floranova, AN sensi, grow micro bloom, conny, DNF, Bigfoot, PBP, SVA/b & SBA/b, earth juice, canna, h&g aqua flakes, and their Cocos. B'cuzz AB, blah blah.. Do any of you remember a company called 6 weeks??? It was AN before they changed the name. .. They have talking about a new line called applied science for agricultural use where the only difference will be marketing packaging and of course pricing... them scumbags!

skunktoker

Dynabloom is myAll time favorite base. I have used:
SUperbloom powder, peter's, supernaturals, nutrilife, maxibloom, GH flora series, floranova, AN sensi, grow micro bloom, conny, DNF, Bigfoot, PBP, SVA/b & SBA/b, earth juice, canna, h&g aqua flakes, and their Cocos. B'cuzz AB, blah blah.. Do any of you remember a company called 6 weeks??? It was AN before they changed the name. .. They have talking about a new line called applied science for agricultural use where the only difference will be marketing packaging and of course pricing... them scumbags!

Say THMF since you know so much about AN can you tell me when the new GMB and sensi A-B is suppossed to hit the shelves didnt asked if you liked it I know where you stand on that just wondering if you might know when im gonna try them both and was wondering ty.

toohighmf

Veteran
Sorry. I don't know, don't want to know, don't give rats ass. Just the fact that you mentioned that you don't care if I like it or not, is pretty disrespectful. Enjoy AN.

Throwgar

I've used GH 3 part in hydro, and I found my plants to dislike it. I switched to AN Sensi 2 part, and it is clearly MUCH better. Screw all the fancy potions though. I have 4 bottles from AN. Two for grow, and two for bloom. Works great for me.

dankydoodle

I hear a lot of opinions being thrown about here, but very little proof of anyones claims, good or bad. When I hear someone relentlessly bashing a product it makes me wonder what's the rub? The car analogies were actually spot on. Some folks would rather drive an expensive car, over a cheaper one...because they can and thats their preference. It's not uncommon though for people who can't afford to drive that more expensive car, for whatever reason, to bash the owners of the more expensive car. I see that kind of crap all the time...haters basically. This thread, like all nute threads is pointless once it degrades into a pissing contest. For once it would be nice if someone could bring some facts to the table. Fact for me is this. I use AN because I get great results. I have used other nutes, Buddha Bloom for example. My opinion is AN is better. Since I have seen the improvements in quality of my harvest, I will continue to use it.

G

Guest 18340

To the OP, I sincerely hope your questions were answered.
This thread is getting locked before it gets outta hand.
Besides, it's way off topic by now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts