What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Advanced Nutrients expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
The price of AN Micro/Grow/Bloom (1L/ea) is a little less than the price of GH FloraGro/Micro/Bloom (1Qt/ea) (1L is ~1qt)

They do have other products which are expensive—are those worth the price or is the cheap AN line great for Cannabis?

M

milehighmedical

When people complain about AN prices they're usually referring to Conni and some of the supplements, and specifically the insanity of running the full line.

toohighmf

Veteran
why use an inferior copy than the original? Compare application rates / concentration ratios. Bet GH is more concentrated. If you think AN is really making cannabis specific ferts & additives, I can tell you it's strictly marketing.

skunktoker

AN grow-micro-bloom is much better then GH from my experiences and a lot more ph stable aswell ...and im not here to argue with mr AN basher above im merely telling you from my own results also rather its cheaper or not that aswell depends on the situation for me personally I dont grow 100 plants at a time so also I aint worried about how much my nutes cost...you can grow cannibus with AN GH or just about any other line as for any line you use you dont need the whole line ...I use AN Grow-micro-bloom big-bud and overdrive along with mollasses....it works wonders for me and it has nothing to do with hype its just what I like to use so I do ......ST

dankydoodle

Ditto. I use AN M/G/B too, and have had no problems in either soil, or mixture of perlite/vermiculite. So for my money it's a winner.

wow..someone that thinks AN is PH stable, even though there are NO ph buffers in AN? even moreso than GH which has PH buffers??

hmmmmmm......

C

cyberwax

The price of AN Micro/Grow/Bloom (1L/ea) is a little less than the price of GH FloraGro/Micro/Bloom (1Qt/ea) (1L is ~1qt)

They do have other products which are expensive—are those worth the price or is the cheap AN line great for Cannabis?

actually if a quarter is 1/4 of the unit, 1 quarter of a gallon is 0.94 liter. :thank you:

Y

YosemiteSam

There will never be a resolution to which is better...just look at all of the arguments for and against in this forum. As to which is cheaper, well at your store you have your answer.

Having said that you might want to check the amount of Ca in both. I have been led to believe (admit I have not checked into it myownself) that the AN has a lower level that guarantees one will have to add something to the mix.

So when you talk cost you need to figure it with additives...just the essential ones...essential being relative to what is in the two parts you are looking at.

Bottom line try them both and decide for yourself which makes you happier then quit listening to the argument that ain't never gonna end.

Cannarado

Is it expensive? You bet.

Is it worth it? with a 100% money back guarantee... what do you have to lose?

You will have those that like it, those that wont. I personally will be trying it eventually. No point in buying baller nutes if you dont have a decent set up - my set up is getting by at best right now. But i just smoked my first bowl of some purp (bagseed, got it out of "G13" from a buddies grow) and its pretty damn chronic... off some GH Micro/Bloom.

I say get nutrients that you feed works for you. I dont recommend running AN in a PC CFL grow or nothing, but if you got a aero table under a 1000w with CO2 or something... Go for it!

And i go off quality... Im sorry, but until I can sit there and smoke a bud and say "This was grown hydro on AN" and pin point growth method... Whatever's getting you good bud is whats the best. Be it FF or AN. Dont be afraid to try things. Start with GH, its like $25 for micro/bloom (i dont use grow) and you'll get a harvest. You'll smoke it and be happy. Then try AN... see how it goes. If you felt it was worth the price jump... go for it.

Personally... Hit up Aurora Innovations (Roots Organics/Soul Synthetics). E-mail about their "2010 Nutrient sample pack". You get their full line minus one or two things, full qt bottles, you pick the line up. Some of the best weed i've gotten was grown off these (not my stash). Oh... and its only $20 for S&H, nutes are free.

skunktoker

Is it expensive? You bet.

Is it worth it? with a 100% money back guarantee... what do you have to lose?

You will have those that like it, those that wont. I personally will be trying it eventually. No point in buying baller nutes if you dont have a decent set up - my set up is getting by at best right now. But i just smoked my first bowl of some purp (bagseed, got it out of "G13" from a buddies grow) and its pretty damn chronic... off some GH Micro/Bloom.

I say get nutrients that you feed works for you. I dont recommend running AN in a PC CFL grow or nothing, but if you got a aero table under a 1000w with CO2 or something... Go for it!

And i go off quality... Im sorry, but until I can sit there and smoke a bud and say "This was grown hydro on AN" and pin point growth method... Whatever's getting you good bud is whats the best. Be it FF or AN. Dont be afraid to try things. Start with GH, its like $25 for micro/bloom (i dont use grow) and you'll get a harvest. You'll smoke it and be happy. Then try AN... see how it goes. If you felt it was worth the price jump... go for it.

Personally... Hit up Aurora Innovations (Roots Organics/Soul Synthetics). E-mail about their "2010 Nutrient sample pack". You get their full line minus one or two things, full qt bottles, you pick the line up. Some of the best weed i've gotten was grown off these (not my stash). Oh... and its only $20 for S&H, nutes are free.

I just got thru using the Buddha-bloom) Buddha-grow ) used it for 4 grows in a row it was outstanding nutes I had great results with it and I would definitely use it again especially over GH Im very interested in the soul-synthetics line are you using this line and if so is it easy to ph and maintain the ph with the soul line ??? perhaps my next grow ill try it if its as good as the buddha line im sure I wont be upset ....ST

Its not about if AD nutrients is good are cost to much, Yes they are good. I use canna so price really doesnt bother me. But AN is full of shit and makes crazy claims and splits everything in different bottles, spends to much on advertising, wont tell you what they put in there bottles, changes lables every year so they dont have to get approved, ect. I might use a little something here are there, but they wont get my bizness, because they have all the wrong ideas about how a bizness should be ran.

Cannarado

I just got thru using the Buddha-bloom) Buddha-grow ) used it for 4 grows in a row it was outstanding nutes I had great results with it and I would definitely use it again especially over GH Im very interested in the soul-synthetics line are you using this line and if so is it easy to ph and maintain the ph with the soul line ??? perhaps my next grow ill try it if its as good as the buddha line im sure I wont be upset ....ST

Yet to try synthetics. My friends buddy has used Roots organics lineup for 3 years flawlessly now. My friend also opted for Organics, no playing with the synthetics yet. But as far as the organics, he says he's only needed to add ph up/down once... and we use tap water.

As to be on topic, I disagree with purpleberry. I think the way they run buisness is great. They sell as if they are "Top Dawg" because they feel they are. They dump money into advertising because obviously their products are good enough to pay the bill. If i ran a nutrient company i would keep my formula a secret as well - Anyone know how to make Pepsi? Since they keep it secret should we stay away from them?

toohighmf

Veteran
Hyundai puts out a shitload of advertising too. Do they make a superior automobile? You pay for that advertising budget every time you purchase and brag about how great a product you overpaid for. Some do it as a defense mechanism. "I use AN and I'm an expert! How can I be wrong???" whatever. Go grab some maxibloom, koolbloom, molasses, and maybe some fulvic from home depot. All in your lookin @ roughly $40. I bet it will smoke your AN recipe. AN is decent. It's not the end all of plant nutrition. Particularly for cannabis.

toohighmf

Veteran
Thanks Rick. It's like saying Budweiser is the king of beers. While some like it's affordability & drinkability, it is the brand recognition through massive advertising. Not the beer at all. So there you have it! AN is pretty much the buttwiper of nute lines. Call it hate or whatever else you consider truth to be. :tiphat:

Cannarado

Thanks Rick. It's like saying Budweiser is the king of beers. While some like it's affordability & drinkability, it is the brand recognition through massive advertising. Not the beer at all. So there you have it! AN is pretty much the buttwiper of nute lines. Call it hate or whatever else you consider truth to be. :tiphat:

So whats to say your supposed "AN nute killer" is actually what you say it is?

Im not all for Advanced... little pricey. But you used car examples, i will too.

You can pay 100,000 for a Ferrari with all the bells and whistles... or you can pay 15,000 and build a Galant VR4 turbo that will stomp the Ferrari. However the Ferrari can withstand being pegged at the limiter where as the Galants going to want a rebuild every 1000 miles to keep the engine from blowing up.

So while $40 nutes can appear as good as AN, is it really? Does it have the plush 5pt harness seats and a carbon fiber dash, or is it a bad shift away from throwing a piston threw the block?

While you can get away with using that... some people may get better results with AN then with yours. While you may like Guinness, i may like "The king of beers" ;)

How can you compare a product threw advertising? All you truly can is threw results... and results of your own. I recommend trying all nutes... see what works for ya....

B

Bud Bug

So whats to say your supposed "AN nute killer" is actually what you say it is?

What so different about AN? ?????? ?? ? Except for them trying to build a brand name by mass advertising. Seen Rose Bud? Strictly created to advertise AN to the stupids.

You can pay 100,000 for a Ferrari with all the bells and whistles... or you can pay 15,000 and build a Galant VR4 turbo that will stomp the Ferrari. However the Ferrari can withstand being pegged at the limiter where as the Galants going to want a rebuild every 1000 miles to keep the engine from blowing up.

Please explain to us how AN is a Ferrari level above the other nutrients. What magical salts does it contain that no other manufacturer can get their hands on.

So while $40 nutes can appear as good as AN, is it really?

If the yields are the same who cars.

Does it have the plush 5pt harness seats and a carbon fiber dash, or is it a bad shift away from throwing a piston threw the block?

Again what magic ingredients has AN put into their food that no one else can add to their food. I got one for you, expensive labels.

You can get 98% of the additives that are out there custom designed or copied by a lot of chemical labs. Most of those products come in 200gal totes and are just poured into bottles and label put on.

Cannarado

What so different about AN? ?????? ?? ? Except for them trying to build a brand name by mass advertising. Seen Rose Bud? Strictly created to advertise AN to the stupids.

Please explain to us how AN is a Ferrari level above the other nutrients. What magical salts does it contain that no other manufacturer can get their hands on.

If the yields are the same who cars.

Again what magic ingredients has AN put into their food that no one else can add to their food. I got one for you, expensive labels.

You can get 98% of the additives that are out there custom designed or copied by a lot of chemical labs. Most of those products come in 200gal totes and are just poured into bottles and label put on.

All im saying is give them a try. Not to listen to everyone that bags on them cause i know theres people out there pulling twice the yield then they would with anything else.

And as far as yield? I would rather get one gram of the best bud i've smoked, then 100 lbs of schwag. So while yield is good... Quality is what i want.

Never said AN was farrari level. Just people always say "I get better results with way less money"... well sure but how well will the nutes hold up. While you can pull it off cheaper, AN stands by their name... if im mixing my own stuff and i fail... i have no one to complain to but myself for sucking. The example was to point out while you can piece together something thats "better" (be it more yield, flavor, growth, everything)... when/if something goes wrong - you have nothing to fall back on. Its like building a fast car, but because you cheaped out you throw a rod. Since you may not always know what you're doing (Not everyone you advise knows whats going on with nutes... i admit ive got lots to learn) and you can end up hurting it more then helping.

Im just devils advocate to the AN haters. I feel its a good product. Expensive, yes. Quality, thats in the eyes of the user. How can you say so if you dont use it? While you say "AN SUCKS", i may still use it and say "That didnt suck half as bad as everyone made me think". I want people who are willing to try it but scared because of the price, to just TRY IT. Like i said - with money back... Whats to lose?! If you dont like it, get your money back, dont buy it again, and just express how your experience went. Not everyone's experience is the same with all products...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts