What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco specific nutes are just marketing hype

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Maxibloom works FLAWLESSLY in dtw. It is the only method of growing I use and the only nutrient I use.

Nonsense!
I'm telling you as a weed grower that Maxibloom works without issue when you water/feed everyday. It is the only way I've used it for almost a year now. No issues whatsoever.

To answer the op's question, I can't say whether coco specific nutrients work any better than those not labeled as coco specific, but I can tell you that Maxibloom all by itself, from veg thru flower, works extremely well. Check my gallery for all the proof you'll need...:tiphat:
BTW, Maxibloom @ 1 tsp/gal (7 grams) is what is considered the powdered version of the Lucas formula.

You love that stuff , don't ya evlme2 ?!
Will have to give it a try & its cheap too ! ;)

* GH is just right near by & stop in every so often to hi
to Larry Brooke & some of the tech guys ...there's a man
who's riding high in the saddle . And they're located in one
of the more beautiful areas in Cali ... very nice people ,
fantastic area.

ambertrich

Veteran
I just placed an order for some Maxi Bloom this week. Been wanting to give it a try. Have only used GH Flora series (modified Lucas formula) and CNS-17 coco line. Both work just fine and are not expensive at all. Have also used the Floranova Bloom, which works well, but stains everything and need to shake hell out of the bottle, then shake it some more.

Will probably just stick with the Maxi Bloom, a touch of Cal/Mg here and there (I use tap water), Floralicious+ and debating adding Koolbloom at the approriate time.