What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Curled Leaves

chemicalburn

Well, overwatering is essentially oxygen deprivation...

When the roots are in water, with an/some air pump/s, and are showing signs of oxygen deprivation, instinct would tell me to add more air pumps...

Whats your res. size?

and what kind of air pump(s) do you have?

chemicalburn

Well typically you'd look for the CC (cubic centimeters) of air it pumps out per minute...

500 CC's/min per gallon is the common accepted value...

Check the bottom of the pump for this value... If you cant find it there, check the pump manual, and it you dont have that, search for it on Google by using the brand and model and putting CC at the end of the sting...

for example:
Elite 801 CC

This would search for a page that has an Elite 801 air pump, with CC somewhere on the page...

If CC is on the page, its more than likely talking about the CC/min...

Use my example above on Yahoo! and you'd see the first link to come up shows the CC/min value of that pump... :)

Last edited:

innerSanctum

Ditch the stones they're a pain in the ass. Get the Thomas pump and soaker hose and you'll have extreme air

Pea ce
i S

Latest posts

Latest posts