What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who Wants to do a Grow Journal?

Skip

Veteran
Journals Ready to Test!

Journals Ready to Test!

OK, everyone, the journals are ready for testing. You are welcome to start a journal if you will provide feedback and bug reports. Please let me know if anything isn't working right & any suggestions for improvements.

The look of the journals will be revised after the testing phase.

The journals are here:
http://icmag.com/journal.php

Please bookmark it as the journals won't be public for awhile. So don't expect a lot of hits except from others doing journals for now.

I may be working on the journal program, so don't be surprised if you suddenly can't access them or something doesn't work right that did before (let me know about that)

Enjoy the journals and let me know if you run into problems (PM me please).

G

guest123

well there we go the trials are under way .... take my advice and post pic s and info on a week lag at least , that way you are ahead of yourself and makes allowances for mistakes ..

"Can I migrate a Thread I already started into a journal?"

You can but it might not be what you really want to do.

You can just copy & paste your posts into the journal pretty easy. Not sure if the images will come out.

Also you'll lose the comments of others since that is handled separately in the new journals. In other words the journals are not threads so it's not like you just move a thread.

Oh, I did test the Mac version of the journals with mixed results. So those of you with Macs may still encounter problems. Make sure you've got java installed.

Good luck everyone! :)
-Skip

OH SHIT, sorry, I edited your post instead of replying to it. Mea Culpa! :(

Einsteinguy

Journal still need work

Journal still need work

Wow
Hate when I type for 45 min. Only to loose info.
OK I'm a team player.
Let me know when ready for second test.

Einstein

billy whizz

just smoked a bowl of hdf hp pheno so here goes

just smoked a bowl of hdf hp pheno so here goes

this is a good thing to replace work journals. i keep one at work which is a dumb thing to do. storing this info in the internet could be safer.

i will definitely volunteer to try this out for you. in a few weeks i'm starting a new verticalbulb soil grow

could a journal thread be like a cross between a thread and a calendar..
it works the same as a normal thread, the difference is that you can click 'calendar view' which changes the thread to a calendar view. if you click on a day you get all posts for that day. if you click thread view you get a long list like now.

and the journal 'owner' can view personal or private grow info by using the calendar feature - boring stuff like temp records, nutrient mixes, timetables..

because it is a grow journal, 'filter' is the default view.
so in 'billy whizz's speed journal' you see only billy's posts. unless you click 'unfilter' or 'view replies'. perhaps you can 'unfilter' single posts..
an annoying feature of og is that if you use the filter feature you have to filter/unfilter the hole thread. try using it on a 30 some page thread it's bollocks. if you unfilter you go back to the start. unfilter individual posts yes.
a bit like making each of the thread starter's post into a drop down menu of replies.. ??
okay so now i'm feeling really high off of that hdf
biiiiilly whizzzzzzzzzzz :D

Skip

Veteran
Can you give me a clue as to what happened with your entries that disappeared? Did you hit submit? Or what?

billy whizz

yup
i typed an entry into the box and when finished pressed submit. then i think i was forwarded to my grow journal and there was nothing there :(
bw

G

i ahve just been trying to post pictures... anytime i drag a pic into the text field and then post i look at the post and only the title appears... i am using firefox if that matters... i just tried it in IE and it still doesn't show...

Skip

Veteran
OK, I've doubled the storage to 20MB for everyone. :)

For more than that, we'll have to setup some pay service.

So keep your images to a reasonable size, and just post your best!

Enjoy.

Marley

Chech out my grow 2

Chech out my grow 2

I have just started a journal, please take a look and tell me what u think. Ill be posting every 7 days or there abouts. soz havent been online been getting shit from parents about grow and smokin' to much. How can anyone smoke to much?

Peace out.

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Check out my journal!!!

Check out my journal!!!

Since it is not open in the regular forums yet, I thought I would do some self promoting!!! Follow this link HERE to see my grow in action.

I have 2-14 gal buublers with six plants in each. Tub #1 has
6-Mazar and Tub #2 has 2-Ice, 2-WYD, 1-Blue Mystic and
1-Blueberry(aquired from a fellow ICMAG member ;) To see all the details go to the month of April and click on the highlighted dates, those are the ones with entries for that day.

Anyhow, come on by and check it out!!
It sucks not being public and not get responses and feedback!!!

Peace
HOG