What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY 16 COBs CXB3590

Amaccabanane

Hi guys
tiphat.gif

I want to build a 16 COBs LED lamp with CXB3590. I want to run them at 0,7 A and 36V and use two HLG-185H-C700A drivers (400w total). I will cover 1mx1m or 1,2mx1,2.

Did I do the homework right? I'm using the correct drivers? Will this work fine?

Thank you :)

unnamedmike

Hi
i have 11 cxb3590 for 1.60m *1.3m running at 1.1A. I recommend you buy more powerful drivers than c700A to be able to take them close to the maximum if you want, they are adjustable and you can lower them in intensity.

Here the 11cob working

regards

unnamedmike

My Cob are ventilated and cold at 1.1A but better 0.7A yes, I also told you that you would buy better bigger drivers since they are adjustable, you can have a 1500 running as a 700, but if you need more light, for example at the end of flowering, the driver 1500 will It allows...

Amaccabanane

Ok.

1,1A could be useful for 1 or two weeks (1,4 would be too much for my space). That mean 633W, are two HLG-320-1050B the right choice to run 16 COBs? (0.7A for most of the time and 1,1 for 1 or two weeks).

Koondense

Veteran
I suggest you get the Vero gen7 or SE(38V version) and drive them with 1400mA(hlg 185H 1400).
Basically you get 4x 100W with 155lm/W which will be great for a 1x1m space.
Cost will be much lower than with cxbs.

Cheers

St. Phatty

What does the circuit look like ?

30 to 36 volts across the terminals.

.7 volt forward drop across the diode.

How much is the current or wattage per diode ?

Is the 30 to 36 volts for 2 LED's stacked up, or just 1 LED ?

Amaccabanane

Diodes are in series and they need 36V (CXB3590) to turn on. So you need a driver with V=36V*(n° of diodes) and the current is the same for all diodes (V will "split", current will not)

If you have enough V the diodes will turn on and you can choose any A, W will be W=36V*(n° of diode)*A

You can run them from 0,0001A to 1,4A, with low current they are more efficient. A good spot is from 0,7A to 1,1A