What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Many Plants per Sq Foot?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Watching lots of grow threads and the pics, a lot of growers cram plants together.

Having read Secret Life of Plants decades ago, and watched a lot of cannabis botany videos over the years, I only grow one plant per > 20+", usually 24". This of course depends on the eventual size of the mature plant. The BBCC from my last grow was 20 x 20 x 40+. The remaining plant under my Transcend Lighting D 200 is < 20" D

The following video, which I just watched, explains plant spacing and few other tips

Dude is a trip. Heavy duty smoker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI5YSqM21VA

C

Collembola

whatever subjective method works best for one and ones resources....

RockinRobot

For myself I find it easier to veg longer under a SCROG screen and do less plants but I'm small time with a single light. At least for all of the genetics I have run to date.

C

Collembola

i like to ram my tent full as much as i can, and then maybe one more, and then try and jam a HID in the middle, vertically.