What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any one else here tired of getting the the run around when you ask a fert. question?

shaggyballs

Veteran
I have noticed a trend here at Icmag.
When you ask a valid question, some folks here jump in quickly and toss around big words and insult you to throw you off track and never give you a straight answer.

I will use Glow as just one example, he is not here to help anyone.
I thought this community was supposed to work together to further our knowledge and educate the less knowledgeable.

I have reduced my time here because of this sort of thing and I think it is a real problem.

What do you think about this issue?
:tiphat:Shag

BillFarthing

Veteran
Hey Shaggy,

I especially enjoy OO and your posts for being informative and helpful. I do glean information from Glow's posts, although some folks like Different have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to information.

It's bound to happen when you put a bunch of random people together that can hide behind a screen name. I just take it FWIW and try to filter through the noise.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Thanks for the reply Bill Farthing.

I have scanned through all of Glow's posts and I have not found anything substantial that has been contributed by him.

Maybe you can enlighten me as to what you have learned from him but I found most of his posts full of mystery and had me asking more questions than anything else.

progro

You just have to read everything but if you really want to know what Glow thinks then read everything in manic botanix. But in the high P Myth thread Glow actually gives out his recommended NPK ppms. Spurrs is there, yosemites is also there. Ive used both Yosemites recommendations and Glows,(Glow worked from Yosemites findings with just some minor tweaks), and with Glows formula i did 7lbs last run with 2 plants and 2 lights.... yep he knows his shit.

No one wants to discuss brand names, pretending these products are their own "thing" .

Its like arguing Pepsi vs Coke then then asking "what's cola?"

St. Phatty

Once you get the hang of it, mixing good soil is simple.

On the other hand, Soil Science is typically a Master's & PhD program at major universities.

The guy I learned hot composting from was a Berkeley Soil Science prof who joined a large compost business.

Sometimes the answer is simple, sometimes it's not.

One of the things I learned about my own native 'soil' ... it's basically a lot like cement. Not so simple getting it up to snuff.

shaggyballs

Veteran
You just have to read everything but if you really want to know what Glow thinks then read everything in manic botanix. But in the high P Myth thread Glow actually gives out his recommended NPK ppms. Spurrs is there, yosemites is also there. Ive used both Yosemites recommendations and Glows,(Glow worked from Yosemites findings with just some minor tweaks), and with Glows formula i did 7lbs last run with 2 plants and 2 lights.... yep he knows his shit.

So you say I need to go to his website?
I was asking if he helped anyone here.
Glow just baits people here so he can get more traffic at his site.
I have reread all of Glows posts and found he conributed very little here, really I have found nothing note worthy.

Would you be so kind to share what you have learned?

Thanks
Shag

progro

Sure mate. Everything i wanted to know about elemental ratios, micro nutrient ratios, cation exchange, coco, cloning etc all on Glows site. Reams of information. Now in regards to optimal nutrition, Glows recommendations are:
Micros:
B - .44
Cu - .05
Mn - .62
Mo - .06
Zn - .09
Fe - 2.5

K to N- 1.6:1 veg
K to N- 1.9:1 flower from week 4 onwards
Ca to Mg- 3.4:1
K to Ca- 1.3:1

Soooo

From week 4 onwards
N - 132
P - 60
K - 250
Ca - 192
Mg - 55
Si - 25
S - 120

I only use fulvic acid, silica, a bit of seaweed and most importantly a trichodermia product with a high spore count, (check out a product called Plantmate Drench, its used in greenhouses and is an excellent product).
I yielded 7lbs frim my last round.
2 plants vegged for 5 weeks in 65 litre tubs with a perlite to coco ratio of 60/40. Rapid fertigation during lights on from around week 5 of flower. Forget about pk boosters, that formula chunks up with massive heads and yields. Kudos to glow, yosemite and spurr.

Use 24ppm P during veg and first 2 weeks of flower to limit stretch and set up tight internode structure for bigger flowers. Pluck the fuck out of the plants at week 3 with lollypopping to yield big.

progro

Sure mate. Everything i wanted to know about elemental ratios, micro nutrient ratios, cation exchange, coco, cloning etc all on Glows site. Reams of information. Now in regards to optimal nutrition, Glows recommendations are:
Micros:
B - .44
Cu - .05
Mn - .62
Mo - .06
Zn - .09
Fe - 2.5

Soooo

From week 4 onwards
N - 132
P - 60
K - 250
Ca - 192
Mg - 55
Si - 25
S - 120

I only use fulvic acid, silica, a bit of seaweed and most importantly a trichodermia product with a high spore count, (check out a product called Plantmate Drench, its used in greenhouses and is an excellent product).
2 plants vegged for 5 weeks in 65 litre tubs with a perlite to coco ratio of 60/40. Rapid fertigation during lights on from around week 5 of flower. Forget about pk boosters, that formula chunks up with massive heads and yields. Kudos to glow, yosemite and spurr.

Use 24ppm P during veg and first 2 weeks of flower to limit stretch and set up tight internode structure for bigger flowers. Pluck the fuck out of the plants at week 3 with lollypopping to yield big.
That’s trim all leaf from week 3 flower and lollipop for massive yields. I think it’s called schwazzing or some bullshit name like that. You can buy a book on how to do it for $500 can you believe that?

Easy7

Veteran
Just remember that online is a lot of OPINIONS dribbled with semi facts, and some hard facts intermixed.

Someone like me may have read and believed a lie. The one thing that got better on the forums is there is more concrete evidence to back up facts. Lot's of us got older and wiser than og days. Better read than justnstarting out.

If you want fert facts, don't read much on ganja forums. Plenty of good science elsewhere. I had to stop growing to learn to grow. It's not just a stoned thing to do, growing. It's a schedule and a science.

BillFarthing

Veteran
If you want fert facts, don't read much on ganja forums. Plenty of good science elsewhere.

I came from a place where growing was verboten. Everything was talking in code, where even a wink and a nudge would get you in trouble.

Books and science journals became my friend. Hydroponics: A Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower by J Benton Jones Jr. was my bible. I tried to learn "why" instead of following a feed schedule or being a fan boy.

progro

Growing is a science. I had to unlearn how to grow as well to get where I am. 30 years of growing and then I learnt everything again. Everything I do is backed by science. What glow and Yosemite did was science. Trial and error etc. if you search hard enough you’ll find the facts as a lot of the information is now available. Studies are being done as we speak. For instance:
P to K ratios
.15-.20:1 or
Light deprevation, ie
15hrs veg
9.5 hrs transition
13hrs flower
18hrs last 2 weeks flower
This works. Saves power but increases yields. This forum used to be great for info but nowadays you have to search through for the tid bits of valuable info. Yosemite set up a baseline and glow did the side by sides to come up with his optimal nutrition. I’ll never touch bottled nutes again. They’re all shit. Old info regarding cannabis nutrition and too broad in their nutrient profiles for cannabis. Sure they work, sure you’ll do ok, maybe even good but if you get the environment right and use a well balanced feed schedule then not only will you yield but you’ll also allow the plant to reach its genetic potential. Yield and quality. 7lbs of quality cherry bomb. Great strain, big yielder and dank smoke. Reps to bomb seeds as the pheno I have is exactly as described on their site. I’ve been a member of this site for years but I’ve only just started posting to help out fellow growers as I too find that there’s not enough good info about nutrients on this site. I checked on here to see if anyone was getting high yields like me (1.6g per watt) but I’ve found that nobody is so I thought I’d share. Use the info I’m providing if you like, it’s no skin off my nose but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I’ll try to answer them as best I can.

Easy7

Veteran
I recall reading that even having books on growing was very very sketchy. It's still a multipersonality nation. Legal as hell in some states and incredibly criminal in others. Sometimes I think the nation is so fractioned to displace Government responsibility.

progro

Cherry bomb 9 weeks flower

Attachments

• D1A1A456-09E9-427F-8345-B69DBA63B5BA.jpeg
    D1A1A456-09E9-427F-8345-B69DBA63B5BA.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 22

progro

I came from a place where growing was verboten. Everything was talking in code, where even a wink and a nudge would get you in trouble.

Books and science journals became my friend. Hydroponics: A Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower by J Benton Jones Jr. was my bible. I tried to learn "why" instead of following a feed schedule or being a fan boy.
J Benton Jones Jnr is where the micro ratios came from.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Micros:
B - .44
Cu - .05
Mn - .62
Mo - .06
Zn - .09
Fe - 2.5

Soooo

From week 4 onwards
N - 132
P - 60
K - 250
Ca - 192
Mg - 55
Si - 25
S - 120

Thank you this is very helpful!:tiphat:

green404

When you ask a valid question, some folks here jump in quickly and toss around big words and insult you to throw you off track and never give you a straight answer.

What do you think about this issue?
:tiphat:Shag

I am new to this forum but have used internet forums for years and see very common patterns in them. Many people wander tru forums as a way to educate themselves, good forum users will usually try to give a little back
Most forum users move on because they have educated themselves. Ones that stay usually want a social interaction and community.

Many like to be the "expert" and talk down to "newbs" or anyone they can one up.

Just my .02

shaggyballs

Veteran

I just browsed through the high P thread and I don't see glow in there at all.

It is funny, all of the helpful people have been banned.

I must say spurr was very insightful and extremly helpful.
But he is gone.

yosemite sam was helpful also, but rarely here.
He did lay down the numbers and proved low P will yield good results.

Big props to those guys, I did gain knowledge from them.

It seems between spurr's formulas and yosemite sam's testing with pics those two seem to have had it covered.

jidoka

I heard that Yosemite dude has totally changed his opinion on P. Something to do with actual tissue testing. He regrets misleading people. nkp as close to 1-1-1 as you can get it. The rest he no longer shares