What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace 2018 outdoor and greenhouse grow

Hi Moderndayhippy,

Glad to hear you are working on the preparatives for the outdoor season :)
Nice growth on your plants too.

Not sure about the photoperiods you are using indoors and outdoors but be careful in case you are not extending out the outdoor photoperiod with lamps because with the exception of the Oldtimer's Haze the rest of the strains can start to flower if you suddenly place them in a location with a 12/12 photoperiod.

Have a great weekend! :)
Thank you Dubi, I bring them in at night and put them back under veg lights keep them in veg for at least another week to 10 days.

Now that the weather is starting to change and most of the snow has melted I think I will get my greenhouse all set up this weekend, I will post some pics of how it works for those interested, hopefully next weekend I will load it up and get everything flipped.

the_niño

Thank you Dubi, I bring them in at night and put them back under veg lights keep them in veg for at least another week to 10 days.

Now that the weather is starting to change and most of the snow has melted I think I will get my greenhouse all set up this weekend, I will post some pics of how it works for those interested, hopefully next weekend I will load it up and get everything flipped.

def interested to see how things work for you hippy. just started bending pipes for my first greenhouse build today... its gonna be slowly coming together... thanks for posting

Finally got the greenhouse set up, we got like a half inch of ice last weekend and then was too busy all week but had time today. Supposed to get cold again tonight and then finally be normal April temps so will probabaly get the plants out this week which is good because I am running low on veg space.

Took a few pics of the greenhouse while setting it up
picture.php

Sorry that some of these are sideways, this is the motors as they start pulling the sides up
picture.php

Control panel where you set the times for opening and closing.
picture.php

Inside shot
picture.php

Outside shot when fully open, I've got about 20 plants that are pretty good size and ready to go in so this should start getting a lot more interesting in the coming weeks.

You should be set here in a few weeks, very nice setup MDH..
On for the ride, interested in seeing the mainlining production in weeks to come.. Pretty work for sure..!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
MDH , I admire your set up you have. Looking forward to seeing your grow over the summer. The weather has been steady here for a couple days now. I may germinate seeds in the first week of May if it stays warm.
Have a great season my friend. Peace

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent job Moderndayhippy ;)

Can't wait to see the light dep greenhouse filled with healthy and beautiful plants!

Thank you for the kind words everyone, The-Nino the sides the greenhouse plastic has hand cranks so only the blackout is automatic, control the side walls manually.

Plants are begging to get outside, still been periodically getting them out when the weather is nice, temps have finally started to get warmer going through a couple days of rain and then they will be in the greenhouse. All of them have been transplanted into 10 gallon pots and given a top dress with blood meal, fish bone meal, gypsum, kelp meal, and a bunch of ewc. I know this will probably make them take longer especially the OTH but they are going into flower within a week and have until almost November to finish so they should be good. The few that will be planted outdoors are only a couple weeks away at this point, busiest time of the year for sure but nothing beats coming out of winter.
picture.php

It begins they are finally into the greenhouse. 7 OTH, 7 GT, 3 Zamaldelica trippy, 1Malxpan, 1 panxmal, 1 Panama and also one non Ace plant that was in my veg tent.
picture.php

Supposed to be getting 70s here next week so I expect these will really start growing fast in the next week.

looking good... they staying in those pots for the season or going bigger?

They will remain in those pots, they are getting flipped now so hopefully the 10s won't let them get too huge and allow them to start flowering sooner than later but also allow them to still yield pretty decent. We will know for sure in a few months.

Had to bring the plants inside the last couple nights because we have gotten light frosts but the forecast is great no cold nights so hopefully they can stay put now. Got some tomato cages started so I can tie some of these down only got so much space.
picture.php

With the forecast as good as it is and a few plants out growing their small pots I have planted a few in the ground including 2 early bubba hash. dug them a couple 40-50 gallon holes and filled with amended organic soil.
picture.php
picture.php

Lots of sun and warm days this week so I expect everything to really pop.

Took some pics of a few of the bigger ladies, I'm a little scared of how much these are going to stretch but should be fun.
Malawi x Panama
picture.php

Zamaldelica trippy
picture.php

OTH
picture.php

Group shot
picture.php

starting to get a good idea of who is male and female, Zamaldelica trippy I have 3 females and 1 male, GT is have 4 female 1 male and 2 that haven't shown and the OTH haven't shown yet.

orfeas

Veteran
Hi, Mdh!
I certainly envy your greenhouse, especially the light dep bit...that's my dream birthday gift... beautiful plants! Is the one in the foreground displaying some sort of nute def?

:tiphat:orfeas

G

What an amazing thread! :tiphat:Don't know how it skipped my radar!At least it looks like I'm in on good timing!Congrats for all the work and documentation .Good luck in flo! :lurk:

Hi, Mdh!
I certainly envy your greenhouse, especially the light dep bit...that's my dream birthday gift... beautiful plants! Is the one in the foreground displaying some sort of nute def?

:tiphat:orfeas
I have a couple doing that they are not Ace plants and I believe it was because I was lazy and didn't harden them off well before they got full hot sun, I was originally going to run those plants inside under lights but the forecast was so good I just moved them out to flower outside and they haven't really loved that.

packerfan79

Veteran
Looking like it's going to be an interesting season. I want to move to Maine, the wife doesn't want to deal with that much snow. Yeah like she's going to shovel it. Not likely. Ha ha ha

Did an extract run last night so had some dry ice left over this morning, I usually let it dissipate into a flower tent but I decidedly why not seal up the greenhouse and give it a few hours of bright sunshine and lots of CO2. I don't really know if it makes a difference when only done periodically but it can't hurt and it looks cool.
picture.php

Everyone looks happy so far, cant believe how much the OTH drinks they need to get watered every day even after a cloudy day like yesterday.

Koondense

Veteran
Uuuuuu, that CO2 looks nice! Like a green science lab :D
Looking forward to see the jungle in a month time ;)

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts