What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOP 5 CHEAPEST BUD you smoked in A'dam

mack 10

Veteran
Erste hulp, check the intensive care.
If its a good batch snatch it up.
7e/g

@ jamieshoes, I once had some amazing G#13 Amnesia
From a small coffeeshop somewhere between the coach station
And Centraal. Never found it again.
13/14e/gram

Not especially cheap but bam what a high!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Great tip, Mack cheers :)

Was the G13 around 2008/9 ish? I think it was Somas G13 that was being used to hit literally every girl in town.. there was some fkn awesome crosses around then.. G13 everything...DNA and a few others were using it too.. happy times...

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Been a bit since I've been across the big pond, since 05. But, probably the best deal for the best quality. Would have had to have been the El Magico from El guapo at 7 a gram. And the Sticky Fingers from shit I am blanking, 30 for 5 grams. There was better but not for the price at that time.

74G

yes right Mack... erste hulp is a real nice place the intensive care is a real nice and they have real nice morocan hash that are at good prices too ;-)))))))
Good to hear from you Mack

All the best

mack 10

Veteran
Yo 74!! Yes I was going to mention there cheap Moroc.
Good quality for 6.50e/ g

They also cater to the bubbleheads with 3_4 grades.
From 15-50e/ g ( depending in quality)

Going in just 4 days - changed my mind for the love of bud to go to A dam by train from Eindhoven as do many so I can smoke quicker hehe. I'm reading all this advice on the cheap buds but I'll also say that the moment I arrive I get this giddy little kid feel and wanna go into the first goddam shop I get a wiff of bud. :)

Also from what I remember I don't recommend the shop in Noord right after you take the free ferry - Coffeeshop 't Ooievaartje. Thought they were cheaper but the people were sketch and rude and I was not pleased with their 8 - 10 per gram. Their cheapest was like brick weed from Albania.

Edgey

Had some blueberry from black star a couple of weeks ago
1.2g = €10

Nice smoke , that and lemon haze from rockland were the only 2 I had worth mentioning .
Edgey

Hmong

Veteran
So far I've come only once across some Dam bud worth meantioning, since most of the stuff is pretty basic nowadays.

It was on Halloween weekend 2013 when I scored the findest Bud ever so far in Dam.
It was Purple Haze Outdoor from Abraxas CS for 6€ a gram!
We smoked at least 30 different strains during our 3 day stay, but this one was so good I returned 3 times = once a day, to the coffeeshop to score another 5g of this amazing herb to take home with me. I was really cheering for it and the budtender felt flattered, we had some nice conversation and he told me at the end, at which time during the day they would get some new stash of it, and even offered to reserve me one bag until a stipulated time, so I would have enough time to get there. Now thats what I call service!

hom

Veteran
Was in the Boerenjungens?? coffeeshop beside the Rembrant square last month. It has an amazing menu. I got the cookie cheese and the jungle haze too. They were both very tasty and affordable. Their hash menu is top quality aswell...tried the kush hash and some white choco block stuff...very delicious and all under 10 a gram. That and Voyagers, although I must have stumbled into a bad batch of casey jones for 10 a gram. Fromage bleu from voyagers was nice tho...

JamieShoes

Veteran
love that Jungie Haze man... sweet for the price too..(oh yeah. that was this thread hehee)

74G

fromage bleu !!!!! !!! !! ! !! !!!!! so funny to hear that ... .. .

cool to see this thread goin and goin that's what i like all the best to all and hope you have a great time in that beautiful and friendly city of amsterdam... .. .

i really like that the mocals speaks here please ;-)))))

i wanna know where the good stuff is... .. .

cannawolf

When ever i need to go to a coffeeshop here in A'dam i always go to Boerenjogens or Bij. For quality and price wise. Sometime you can find good deal at small marocan coffeeshops , i have my favourite for hash is called Massawa and is near by the Boerejongens. They have deal like 30 Euros for 5 grams of good quality real marocan hash. Even cheaper deals like 20 euros for 5 g .

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Lots of hype in A'dam lately and as the scene becomes more mainstream, it also becomes a shady industry where ethics don't matter.

Who knows the real lineage and source of the strains they sell! Mostly it's just big names to gain cannatourist's attention. If that's how things work at the US dispensaries nowadays, can't even imagine what's really going on in mainstream Amsterdam!

Shops outside the city and Amsterdam are probably a better option, much cheaper and legit, even though they won't sell the trendy strains everyone wants now but the classic dutch clones that have been around for ages! Otherwise, it's worth to get some good contacts to access the good stuff, just like everywhere else.

Sativied

Veteran
It's almost an oxymoron, "cheap" "top 5" "Amsterdam". Most shops nowadays target tourists. The younger Dutch are more interested in XTC, Ketamine, GHB, and something new like XTC but better. 60% of the young Amsterdammers use that instead. Young politicians want to legalize it. Alcohol, cannabis and tobacco are losing in popularity.

So most shops in Amsterdam have tourist prices too. The Amnesia is often 13/14e per gram, which I buy, usually at better quality too, for 11/12 about 50 miles from Amsterdam where I live.

Not surprised Boerenjongens is so popular, I like it too, especially for a take-away shop, but I do miss Stix, which was the shop Boerenjongens replaced. Stix had a good menu with both hash and flower, fair priced too.

The nevilles haze at boerenjongens I got a little over a month ago was of unacceptable low quality. Reminded me of O Haze and not in a good way. Before silver haze and NL#5/Haze there was 'haze' and it was harsh and smelled like dry bird shit.

I used to recommend the Bio Amnesia and temple balls at Jolly Joker (just 'behind' the RLD) but it seems they changed owners too, menu got shorter and cheaper.... -looking.

I've been going for 24 years and I still can't recommend one in particular, it's a hit and miss at all the shops. It varies a lot, even the same strain at the same shop can be from a worse or better harvest next week. I tend to go where they have the better coffee, the best places to sit relaxed, and/or the cutest girls working, and buy from 3-5 different shops along the way.

Jungle Haze - taste and smells very clean and very hazy and strong in the head, taste like amnesia... I think all decent hazes in Adam smell and taste like amnesia though...so don't take my word for it
Hehe... well, Amnesia is SSH and many of the haze hybrids available are SSH or SSH crosses or haze hybrids with a similar genetic makeup (O Haze, Skunk#1, NL#5, JH). The best amnesia has a spicy incense smell. Amnesia is supposedly a NL dominant SSH, and Nevilles is of a similar genetic make up but minus the Skunk.

Speaking of those classics, City Hall, next to greenhouse shop, still sells classics, like NL#5/Haze. They seem to store or dry everything in the same attic or something... so smell is not always good. Still a good place to try the classics. NL#5/Haze's role for being a popular parent in many crosses has been taken over by SSH/Amnesia. It's imo a must-have-smoked...

Kadinksky often has fairly priced quality (used to buy some exceptional White Russian, ww x ak47, for 9euro per gram there). Hunters used to sell the best lemon haze I smoked, they recently moved to a different location (between Boerenjongens and Rembrand square). There's also a shop called Amnesia where I bought some very good Acapulco Gold (has a subtle hint of Amnesia too...), they got Volcanos too. Amnesia is close to the 2e kamer, the smallest shop, menu similar to dampkring (i.e. most not being great stuff...).

JamieShoes

Veteran
nice post mate :)

24 years eh? :)

a lot has changed hasn't it? I used to like it when the dealer didn't actually work for the shop and just sat in the corner with his bumbag/fanny pack :)

I was being polite really mate, what I was actually saying is all the shops seem to mislabel Amnesia... :)

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
I'm not sure they're still open, but Willie Wortel's in Haarlem always had very good product at a very good price. Plus the owner is one of the pioneers of cannabis in Holland.

He moved to Spain, so I'm not sure what the story is with his biz in Haarlem.

Some towns won't sell to tourists due to local laws, esp. in the south, where Breda is.

JamieShoes

Veteran
Wortels is still here Skip and still owned by Nol (unless that changed very recently)... last I heard they have 3 places in Haarlem now.. although the original workshop is long gone..

Last edited: