What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White balls structures on my sugar leaves

Ramfired

Went down to check the trichomes with the microscope today and found white "stuff" on my sugar leaves. It is not trichomes. Just for info on possible variables - a. We had a insect problem a few weeks ago and used mighty wash twice followed by power wash.. b. We added koolbloom powder in the last 2 weeks

Any ideas appreciated:)

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 8

mushroombrew

Veteran
PM. Treat it or you may get moldy smelling product.

Lots of natural remedies. Changing the pH of the leaf surface is the key.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Stuff you have kicking around the house

Hydrogen peroxide mixed with water
Milk mixed with water

"Organic" stuff to buy

Serenade
Actinovate

I've seen sulpher powder listed as used for organic gardening.

Sulpher burners too.

Non organic stuff to buy

Eagle 20

I'm sure there is plenty more.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Baking soda and water. Works great and also works as a preventative. I use it on all sorts of veggies as well to prevent against pm.

meizzwang

PM. Treat it or you may get moldy smelling product.

Lots of natural remedies. Changing the pH of the leaf surface is the key.

While that may work, seems like it requires an application of a spray of some sort, be it organic or inorganic. If you up day and night temps and lower humidity, that'll stop powdery mildew from spreading.

mushroombrew

Veteran
While that may work, seems like it requires an application of a spray of some sort, be it organic or inorganic. If you up day and night temps and lower humidity, that'll stop powdery mildew from spreading.

Yes change the pH of the leaf with a spray. Thought that was obvious. My bad.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
What PH to spray?

Whatever your mixing with water will change the ph on the surface of the leaf to something PM will not grow on.

Whether it's baking soda, peroxide, serenade or cider.

I'm not sure the ph of the water when u start matters.

toohighmf

Veteran
Spray organic milk on the effected areas. If you you use h2o2 and water I suggest using the 3% and diluting that ph’ed water with a 1 to 1 ratio on the heavily acidic side of 2-3.9 PH. If you use h2o2 less diluted, you could burn the shit out of the areas that are sprayed. This is why I suggest organic milk. Also, spray with the lights out to minimize burn. When you’re good and mildew free, spray or actually wipe the leaves with a been oil to keep the leaves waxy to not encourage PM again, and keep the area cooler and dryer.

brown_thumb

Whatever your mixing with water will change the ph on the surface of the leaf to something PM will not grow on.

Whether it's baking soda, peroxide, serenade or cider.

I'm not sure the ph of the water when u start matters.

You're stating that the PH can be high or low to kill PM? How much either way from PH 7.0?