What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Off grid grow

I have 3 plants in coco using lucas formula and cal mag, but the rest are only being fed water. A very easy grow method. Sustained winds at 30 to 40mph today. Had to disconnect roll up sides and batten the hatches.

20190803-175344-1224x1224.jpg

I like the structure on this one so I'll keep her for a mother.
20190803-175506-1224x1224.jpg

20190803-175518-1224x1224.jpg

All the girls were topped 2 weeks ago including these 3 in 20 gallon pots. There are starting to Bush out.
20190803-175317-1224x1224.jpg

packerfan79

Veteran
Everything is looking, nice and healthy. Off grid grow is an awesome idea. One day I will get out of the crappy city, and live as god intended.

Inside for the finish. In the 40s f sometimes at night now. Reading true living organics by Rev.

20190828-082503-1224x1224.jpg

Plant on the right has had a couple oz taken off already and drying/curing.

20190828-082443-1224x1224.jpg

Spaventa

Veteran
Great growing, very nice set up and beautiful plants. I can’t wait to get off grid. I hate the grid. Right now I’m grid locked.

Right now I’m grid locked.

Lol, the grid isn't so bad. I'm trying to connect to the grid for multiple reasons right now. First kid on the way, future cultivation facility plans, etc. I'm off grid because the land I purchased is outside city limits and I dont get my road plowed or sewer service, but I can pay to have the power put in. The major benefit of living here comes from being outside the jurisdiction of any city equals; no property taxes, no building codes or code enforcers, or any of the other bullshit that most people live under. I pay no fees to the city for what I do on my land. It's the right amount of freedom for me.

A try at something new... two baggies; one wrapped tightly around wettened paper towels and the stalk secured with tape and the other to create a single plant humidity dome. Plants dipped in clonex gel and paper towel saturated in rain water ag 10ppm. Keeping them by the heater... See if it works.

20190906-110641-1224x1224.jpg

Here is one of the girls in 15 gal super soil. I'm giving this one to a friend to finish indoors under hps lights....

20190903-111517-1224x1224.jpg

Thanks Deke and Spaventa,

I moved my plants inside to finish because the buds were big enough and the greenhouse was moist and cold enough to start some bud rot. I ended up saving about 80% and tossing the bud that even had a tiny amount of rot. I got about 4 oz dry weight between the 2 plants. I sure would have liked to complete the whole grow cycle and continue budding a couple more weeks but I didn't want the rot to progress.

I was only partially successful at finishing these 2 blue cheeses autos but these are my observations:

I ended up chopping the whole lucas formula coco perlite plant down since it looked to be fully flushed. I got maybe 3x the amount of good trim to send through the bubble bags than the same blue cheese auto grown in organic super soil.

The plant in super soil and only water had less rot so I chopped the tops and kept the lowers to try to properly finish one of these plants.

I ran 15-20 gallons of water to flush both plants. The plant in super soil did not fade out at all; while the plant using synthetics and coco reacted to the flush immediately and the big lower fans turned yellow after 2 days since the soil-less medium had no more nutrients.

The plant in organic soil did not fade out at all and the remaining green matter on the plant still has all its green. Maybe the dry organic amendments do not flush out as easily?

It looked as though the flush on the coco plant was actually started too early and the plant had no choice but to pull the chlorophyll out of the fans since the roots had very low ppm after flush.

That's a huge indoor pot. I think that would fill my entire tent once it started to flower.

It is a beast for sure! Watering and not over watering in big pots is difficult. When the sun was out my 3 plants in 20 gallon pots would need a couple gallons every 3 days (the greenhouse would reach 90 to 100 degrees on a 60 degree sunny day), but when its wet and cold and the plants are not in the sweet spot of VPD and they do not transpire and use the water; it can be 3 weeks in between waterings sometimes. I don't think I'll be growing in much bigger than 20 gal since my watering decisions are based solely off of weight. I pick up each pot and make sure the plants are very dry and the pots are light enough to be watered again. I like the ease of growing in this super soil where I only have to water correctly.

To get my plants in 20 gal to bush out they were topped twice and lots of the branches were softened enough to bend down so they knuckle up. All of the fans that come out of the main stalk were chopped as well as multiple top defoliations in a top stopping technique allowing bottoms to catch up. I did have some plants hermie and I did grow some BIG males. Pictures to come. I'm gonna harvest the pollen on at least one male plant. I rubbed the stalk and it smells delicious.

Here are the other 2 girls in 20 gal pots (15 gal soil)

20190827-112759-1224x1224.jpg

20190827-112754-1224x1224.jpg

Cut down another plant and flushed the two that are late in bud. The run off measures 110ppm. Big buds and a moist cold environment do not mix. I chopped this one down and only had to throw away one top to rot, maybe 5% loss. Another reason I cut this one down is.. I may have flipped it back into veg unintentionally. I saw new dark green growth popping out the very top cola like a foxtail but with very little rosin glands. Smells like s stinky rose.

20190908-122215-1224x1224.jpg

Replaced the chopped plant with a 5 gallon pot that has a male and a female of the same strain on the left. The stalk rub isn't too impressive but the early purple stem without being deficient in magnesium tell me it will produce some dark purple buds.

20190909-110521-1224x1224.jpg

Next summer should be pretty exciting. I'll be growing 12 big plants in the greenhouse and budding them with light dep. I'll have to start them earlier in veg say March inside and then transplant into 20 gallon pots in greenhouse in may. I'll have to keep temps below 100f and the humidity down in late bud.

Spaventa

Veteran
The major benefit of living here comes from being outside the jurisdiction of any city equals; no property taxes, no building codes or code enforcers, or any of the other bullshit that most people live under. I pay no fees to the city for what I do on my land. It's the right amount of freedom for me

Now THAT is cool. If I could buy some land like that with a river running through it, I’d be very, very tempted to cross the pond, permanently. Them pesky property taxes have always been the deal breaker for me. I hate taxes even more than the grid.

Chopped off a branch off both the remaining plants in bud to scope them out. They both seem to have enough cloudy tricombs to harvest any time. I'll wait a few more days, maybe flush one more time...

20190910-120550-1224x1224.jpg

Flash
20190910-120532-1224x1224.jpg

No flash

20190910-115915-1224x1224.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts