What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ISO-3 by D Gold

TerpChild

I was wondering what the author of CA means by "high-rotating forms" of thc?
In the isomerization chapter it sounds to me like he is saying delta-8 thc is high-rotating and delta-9 is low-rotating, and that high-rotating forms have increased psychoactive properties versus low-rotating forms. Did i read this correctly?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
David, "I had the opportunity to test a preparation we called Dharmanol. It was a delta 8 THC isomerization and we gave it to many seriously ill patients to try, especially AIDS and HIV patients. The results were very encouraging. Nobody said it got them particularly high, but many praised its pain-relieving properties. I would like to see a good test on delta 8 as a pain treatment."

From the Cannabis Alchemy thread,

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7643180&postcount=3

TerpChild

You fill the lid with water? Sorry if this seems real dumb, but i am thinking of buying one and im just wondering how the lid works. The ISO 2 looks so crazy, what is the function of the sexy sci-fi looking top part of the unit?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You fill the cup that sits on top the pot with water. The reason for all the sci fi top, is to dissipate heat.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My ISO-3 shipped!!! :yay:

http://dgoldalchemy.com

:thank you:

I have ethanol, pentane, ethyl acetate, and methyl acetate either on hand or coming for the tests. All safe FDA Category 3 low boiling point solvents, all easily purchased above board by anyone without drawing attention.

As a compliment I bought an Omega 9000 to use as a centrifugal cold solvent extractor/filter device. Use your imagination, or I posted up the idea several months ago in detail.

$130 from Amazon, and another $16 for the matching pack of paper filter inserts.

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-J9000-...=1489009886&sr=8-1&keywords=omega+9000+juicer

"Ships from and sold by Sherwood Global Commerce"

:headbange

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I saw the ISO 2 in high times, around 1978. Was poor high school kid, and had to use the KIK-IT instead (still have in basement), which used Methylene Chloride, which is pretty f-ing nasty. Probably was not letting it evaporate long enough, since it tasted like chemicals when smoked.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I was wondering what the author of CA means by "high-rotating forms" of thc?
In the isomerization chapter it sounds to me like he is saying delta-8 thc is high-rotating and delta-9 is low-rotating, and that high-rotating forms have increased psychoactive properties versus low-rotating forms. Did i read this correctly?

I think THC Acetate, but have not read since 1970's.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I am thinking about getting one. My only concerns -

If I run everlear (190 proof) through a small still, will it produce any methanol?

If I use still to recover the alcohol, will it produce any methanol.

Was just thinking about how the ISO 2 worked. Can I just put a beaker in the upper area after extraction to collect the alcohol, and not even need a still?? If so, ordering one today.

How much material can be processed at a time?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's everything you're imagining Loc Dog, does it all, anyway you want.

Mine arrived, huge box from the Berkley Mountain King.

See the pictures, inside are several smaller boxes of varying sizes with a clear packing list explaining what's up. It's obvious this is his pride and joy. :) In respect, I haven't opened up the boxes.... holding off until later this week when I can give it my full attention.

:woohoo:

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_b9.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_b9.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 54
  • P1030082.jpg
    P1030082.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 43
  • fullsizeoutput_ba.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_ba.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 38
  • P1030085.jpg
    P1030085.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 39

Medfinder

Chemon 91

See the pictures, inside are several smaller boxes of varying sizes with a clear packing list explaining what's up. It's obvious this is his pride and joy. :) In respect, I haven't opened up the boxes.... holding off until later this week when I can give it my full attention.

i remember 1979-80 the ISO 2

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran
I sent him an e-mail early Sunday morning. Will order as soon as he gets back to me.

I figure I will run the everclear through it first, and collect, making it 200 proof. Wondering how much will be lost per extraction. His website mentions it does lose some, but not how much.

Still has to be better than blasting cost, safety, health effects, and environmental damage.

Will post results, after I get it.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I would have to search around for cannabis alchemy book, which have not read since 1970's, but doesn't it use a very minute amount of sulfuric acid, for isomerization??

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would have to search around for cannabis alchemy book, which have not read since 1970's, but doesn't it use a very minute amount of sulfuric acid, for isomerization??

You can get Cannabis Alchemy on Amazon. He does use H2SO4 for isomerizing.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Click on the link, instantly takes you to an online read of Cannabis Alchemy by D. Gold.

https://archive.org/stream/CannabisAlchemy/cannabis-alchemy#page/n3/mode/2up

Comments alluding a connection between David of Cannabis Alchemy/Isomerizer fame and the Kik extractor are supposition, and entirely false.

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran

Loc Dog

Veteran
I just got through the solvents section. It says ether produces oil twice as potent as alcohol. It mentions that the oil is first extracted with alcohol, then with ether. Does butane extraction produce oil more potent than with alcohol, without using ether? How hard is ether to obtain these days?? I think they cracked down on ether sales after Pryor blew up free basing.

hamstring

Veteran

SkyHighler

Cool cant wait to see you use this baby in action thanks for keeping this thread kicking.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Sorry for any reference to another machine.
the iso-2
also extracts other herbs and many other uses.

looking into extracting dandelions and other health tincture making with this New Iso-3 machine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts