What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

satva

Veteran
Queen Mother looks great! I don't know much about African strains, but next project will have some African genetics.

I'm tasting guava / floral (predominate) and / Limonene (secondary) in the vapor of my favorite Mango Haze. Reminds me of the smell hiking the the Nepali Trail on the island of Kauai, when the Guava fruit was ripe on the tree. The high like the smell is sweet and kind.

Slim chances of the Guava / Floral smell and effect coming thru in a Destroyer (f) cross or F2, but its worth a try.

walkabout

I have QM purchased from OSSC early last year, supposedly regulars. They list both fems & regulars. Are they confused, or what?

I'd like to know this too, I recently bought a pack of six queen mother regs from OSSC. Came with the breeders pack but seeds were removed and put in a little plastic baggie. Same thing with the Ace Double Thai I picked up from them. I've only heard good things about OSSC but I hate it when seed banks remove seeds from the original packaging in any way....but I'm paranoid lol

Jhhnn

Veteran
I'd like to know this too, I recently bought a pack of six queen mother regs from OSSC. Came with the breeders pack but seeds were removed and put in a little plastic baggie. Same thing with the Ace Double Thai I picked up from them. I've only heard good things about OSSC but I hate it when seed banks remove seeds from the original packaging in any way....but I'm paranoid lol

I figure that vendors probably know more about it than random internet users like me. I also figure that regs sell out faster than fems because QM is supposedly a stabilized line suitable for making one's own seeds to carry the line forward. Most of the seeds available aren't that at all.

Original breeder packs are nice, I suppose, but I'm in no position to recognize fakes. It's a leap of Faith taping cash to an order form & sending it off in the mail, anyway, so I just go with the flow when seeds arrive. Mostly, I just want 'em to arrive & respect vendors methods to ship 'em to me unnoticed by postal inspectors. If vendors think that breeder packs lack the proper stealth, then they probably know a lot more about it than I do.

walkabout

I figure that vendors probably know more about it than random internet users like me. I also figure that regs sell out faster than fems because QM is supposedly a stabilized line suitable for making one's own seeds to carry the line forward. Most of the seeds available aren't that at all.

Original breeder packs are nice, I suppose, but I'm in no position to recognize fakes. It's a leap of Faith taping cash to an order form & sending it off in the mail, anyway, so I just go with the flow when seeds arrive. Mostly, I just want 'em to arrive & respect vendors methods to ship 'em to me unnoticed by postal inspectors. If vendors think that breeder packs lack the proper stealth, then they probably know a lot more about it than I do.

Good point, the only reason I am terribly concerned with knowing what seeds I am getting is because I plan the grow around the information available through breeders descriptions and internet resources. If I am getting different genetics it could ruin the grow, especially when dealing with these extreme sativa genetics which tend to have different soil/nutrient requirements then the more common hybrids available today

Jhhnn

Veteran
Good point, the only reason I am terribly concerned with knowing what seeds I am getting is because I plan the grow around the information available through breeders descriptions and internet resources. If I am getting different genetics it could ruin the grow, especially when dealing with these extreme sativa genetics which tend to have different soil/nutrient requirements then the more common hybrids available today

Things can get crossed up, no doubt, but I figure it's rare. It's not good for business. For that matter, Delicatessen's breeder pack might be the ziplock stapled to a business card that I received. Hell, Mandala breeder packs are just a larger card in a ziplock. Breeder pack or not, I've yet to grow anything that didn't seem to be what I was supposed to be growing.

I figure QM is probably pretty tough & well domesticated, being grown indoors & out in Spain, which is pretty far from tropical origins. It's a worked hybrid, not a cross, so I'm hoping it'll breed relatively true. I'd like to be able to crack a batch of my own seeds & find something relatively consistent & I'd like to be able to gift them to others, particularly local outdoor gardeners. I'm all for people being able to grow their own & be entirely free of the commercial aspects of cannabis if they want to be. Free of the power company, too.

I'm a pretty casual grower. It's just for family & friends, no money involved. When I get it right, a batch of 6 will last a good while, many months. So I don't have to grow all the time to keep up. I'd really rather not in July, August & Sept when the price of electricity for growing jumps up by 50% & the house is already hard to keep cool. I probably lack the devotion to do well with mother plants, so I just grow from seed. It works- we never run out of high quality smoke for relatively low cost.

mobi50

Original Delicatessen

Original Delicatessen

Hi, if you have any doubts about anything related to Original Delicatessen, just call them or contact them. They' ll be more than happy to help and give you any information require.
All the best

walkabout

Hi, if you have any doubts about anything related to Original Delicatessen, just call them or contact them. They' ll be more than happy to help and give you any information require.
All the best

The doubts I'm expressing aren't with Original Delicatessen, I think they do a bang up job with their genetics, it is more with middle man seed banks in general and the removal of seeds from breeders packs haha but like it was previously mentioned it probably isn't anything to worry about and just my marijuana induced paranoia getting the better of me

Thcvhunter

Veteran
QM regulars are available now.

Also, QM x Angola Red looks amazing.

Too bad 'money' is a thing and that I need 'money' for the things I want

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I needed to share this beautiful Lilly from my fella Jeep, fantastic grower and photographer too :tiphat::

16250985923_6d8fbbcc00_b.jpg

She's got the looks, the yummy fruity smell, the clean active high... definitely conoisseur stash and something really different to anything you may have grown before (no dutch or usa genes here!). :biggrin:

Vibes.

Rory Borealis

Veteran
Dreams and Honey is Congo1 x Congo Banghi. So far I have enjoyed any Congolese ganja that I have had. Mostly very mellow experiences with great aromas and flavors.

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
I spent this last w/e with a seed company who have a reine madre clone which is widely grown in spain.I should get it within the next month or so.I'm excited because all I have grown/smoked of delicatessen's was very high quality sativa dom.

G

I believe they have Q Mom back in stock...
Just put an order in for Lilly, Alice, and Upstream.

idiit

Veteran
8bc9acb38805d1ecc8800096028f1964_1464534.jpg

picture.php

purple undesides on both kept rm seedlings ( 2/4 keepers).

^^
picture.php

thanks for the delicatessen posts. :)

DoDad

I recently received 3 Reina Madre's ( Queen Mother) and 1 Alice.

I had a 100% germination rate and so far, they all are doing just fine.

Attachments

• QM.jpg
    QM.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Latest posts