What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Northern Lights breeder?

T

The Strain Man

I've heard some say it's some of the best smoke out there old school NL from the 90's damn that female seeds pics is pretty :chin:

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
I'm looking for a breeder that has the best Northern Lights for a normal price, a feminised version is a must, because I'm gonna do SCRoG grow and I don't have enough space for a mother, so far I've found only Homegrown Fantaseeds And Sensi (their seeds are like almost 100 euros, so I'll pass on this one).

Your really limiting yourself by requiring cheap feminized NL seeds for you grow.

Sensi White Label Fem- 63 euros, Female Seeds NL- 51 euros, and Nirvana NL Fem - 46 euros are a few of them. I'd try the Nirvana ones as others have mentioned.

Much better strains out there than Fem NL, but good luck.

i've run Ministry of Cannabis, Sensi, Nirvana, BCSC, Kulu, and Female. All in the same grow outdoors. the Moc had the heaviest yields, but good phenos were found in all of them. i took clones off all the females and did an open pollination indoors over the winter. I would recommend any of these if you're looking for a good dependable strain. no bells, no whistles. just good smoke. I always have at least one or a hybrid in my garden

chappie

Veteran
I have a cut of Lifebreather's plant in my greenhouse now, harvesting it this weekend. It doesn't look quite as frosty as his, but I will run it indoors next and see if I can coax some of that insane snow.

KindBudKid

You should seriously look into Sensi's Shiva Skunk fems... The NL5/Sk1 I used to get back in the day way some killer weed.. Would do good in scrog to..

NL5 Haze Mr Nice. No one mentioned that. It is awesome. Not pure NL, but there should be a pheno in there. I had to toss one, due to operator error. But, found a definite hybrid winner with great taste.

GuyManDude

got 2 packs of Dr. Atomics Nl x Bluberry on Sat...11/7....germ'ed
using papertowel method...48 hrz later 100% germination on ALL seeds w/ good 1cm root tailz......perfect........Dr. atomics NL is very refined and good ole' fashion canadian breeding.......thats U'r best bet.....

yes I've heard great things about Dr Atomic's NL. I've grown Delicious Seeds Northern Lights Blue and it is fantastic - truly impressive in both flavor and potency

IU actually did an open pollination using Dr Atomic Peak Seeds, Mr Nice (Ortega), Delicious Seeds NL Blue and a friend's NL#5 they've had since 1989. I'll be popping some of those soonish

good luck

bigbadbiddy

IU actually did an open pollination using Dr Atomic Peak Seeds, Mr Nice (Ortega), Delicious Seeds NL Blue and a friend's NL#5 they've had since 1989. I'll be popping some of those soonish

good luck

Afaik this is also how Mike at Peakseeds operates.

His Blueberry is a mix of Dutch Passion, DJ Short and Sagarmatha Blueberry.
Imho he did an open pollination with all 3 lines and started selecting and locking down traits to his liking.

This could be a good way of breeding in general. I am intrigued at least.

So would be very curious to hear what came from your NL open pollination.
I would rank Mr. Nice Ortega and Peak's NL among the top as well so was stoked to hear you included them.

G

I ran one seed of Joey Weeds Northern Lights about 9 years ago. I remember the plant as being an excellent representation of what I was getting in the early 90's in Portland Oregon.
Joeys back in town.

Carraxe

Veteran
I've been growing NL since 1990s. I can't find a decent one now, but Oasis was a fantastic one back there, and Dinafem had a NL they called Industrial Plant that is probably one of the best (productive, early, tasty and really a NL) strains I've had.
I just planted Sensi's some years ago and they suck. These people that claim that Sensi has a decent NL... have you really grown several of them in order to compare?

Sensis needed about 10 weeks to mature, and buds were nasty. Smell and taste were no way near a NL.

What started like an embarrassment, developed like hate. They really suck, and they are a piece of shit. Just read their page, and the users comments... just a bunch of shit.

This people have to disappear out of the market for good.

Good look with your NL

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Oasis was NL 2.. or so the story went.

Years ago an old friend passed me a bagseed from some very nice Oasis in Homegrown Fantasy (RIP)

I grew it out, but was not too happy with it (ruthless selection for production then) but a friend ran it for 10 years, a little corner of 'nam by the 316 will forever be remembered for ***'s Oasis. This and her mum had a more orangey taste than NL 1, potnet and maybe a bit more couchlock than regular NL 1.

We also saw some "NL 5" .. one of the first bags of green weed ever saw was an Oz of top end Dutch sometime around 1990, frostiest plant every only fan leaves trimmed, sugar leaves perfectly protecting buds in frosty banana like leaves... I thought it was a male, based on what little I had read about cannabis flowers. A weed lover was one of 5 guys who went to Holland for soaps, his extra stash was my first taste, but he did get a few things over that were better than you would normally find in any Amsterdam coffeeshop, so maybe it really was #5

Great info all, can my impulsive ass see some pics please? Good canafian NL is tough to beat for me. I need to stay close to my roots!

MickTheBrag

sensi seeds

sensi seeds

ive grown several strains from sensi and couldn't be happier with the results. like sensi skunk. its cheap and easy to grow what a great stone.:woohoo:
I don't know why they get so much stick. I am sorry if some people weren't happy with there seeds. have a look at my grows .

peace man