Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Cannabis Business Network > Spanish Cannabis Club. HOW TO OPEN?

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
Spanish Cannabis Club. HOW TO OPEN? Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2018, 08:21 AM #1
kuko

kuko is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Spanish Cannabis Club. HOW TO OPEN?

Hello guys, iam interested to open cannabis club in spain, but i got stuck with information in internet.

Anyone knows more? About everything how to start?
kuko is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2018, 11:27 AM #2
kaochiu

kaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to behold
There are specialized lawyers that can set the technical bits. You can se them advertised in some spanish forums. As it is a NGO, making a bussiness out of it means bending the law, and therefore walking on a very narrow path. Nobody knows for sure what will be the outcome for many of those clubs that run openly as a bussiness (about 90% of them).
Location is also paramount, as every region holds its own stance towards cannabis. Catalunya being probably the most lax, it also means fierce competence. It depends on how many members, some are just a few guys meeting for having a few joints in peace (the actual point of a CSC) and others have thousands of members, many of them tourists.
How to provide for a lot of people is as complicated as it sounds, it's not like you go to the cash'n'carry for supplies or set up a big greenhouse for production. Connections are necessary and so is security. Big cannabis providers are not exactly run by hippies anymore.
So, what sort of club you're after? Are you actually are after a law abiding CSC with ten or twenty friends/members? That's easy.
Think about there are like 1000+ clubs in Spain and plenty of them have had police busts at some point. So, lawyers need to be close.
Legally, CSC's have nothing to do with coffee-shops.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:43 PM #3
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
This, plus...

All regulation changes, and proposals have been towards regulating the scene ever more tightly, making it harder to make any black money from the club

For some reason they are turning a blind eye to illegal clubs, most of the time.. but getting really heavy seemingly at random.

As I have said to most people, stay well away.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:44 PM #4
kuko

First of all thank you for your attention.

What i found is FAC information, but they not answered to my email yet.

About lawyers yes i understand this is necesary, can you guys reccomend me mayby lawyer?

Which city i dont know right now,but for sure iam going to start living in Spain for that reason, i speak spanish not bad so will try to do a lot by my self.

kaochiu as i said iam going to live in spain just for those clubs,iam going to invest money so this is my plan,to make good csc with time and make money.

Have some friends in spain ofc,going to find lawyers,but cant find all information how everything starting.

Information in www.fac.cc is correct? https://www.fac.cc/cuanto-cuesta-crear-un-csc/
kuko is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2018, 09:28 PM #5
ChaosCatalunya

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
You need to have at least 100K of cash to burn, Lawyers, architects, builders, licences, it is incredibly complex, and expensive to do.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:24 AM #6
kuko

Iam not asking this thing, iam asking where starts everything?
Chaos you have csc? a lot of people doing that and i know few people who doing that and goes very well..

what you saying important is only 2 things: lawyers and licences... other is nothing
kuko is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2018, 11:24 AM #7
ChaosCatalunya

Do you have over E100,000 spare ?

Yes, I founded a Medical Club here 7 years ago and watched several friends go through the process back then, and now, today, that is why I recommend it for almost nobody.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:58 PM #8
kaochiu

kaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to beholdkaochiu is a splendid one to behold
As the link from the FAC says, registering an association of any kind, CSC's included, costs about 50€. Requisites are simple, President+Secretary+Treasurer, Statutes that can be copied or adapted, a forwarding address and a few months to wait for the registry to be official. After all, you're only saying you exist. Same goes if you want to set up a "Friends of Satan" society, just don't forget the fifty quid. That's the actual start.
FAC reccomends to avoid paying set up fees to cheeky agencies and doing it yourself, but also FAC is intended for activists and their explanations include things like "combat discriminating government", so... From the bussiness point of view, i know i wouldn't move a finger without a proper legal frame and pragmatic considerations.
A license to operate can be refused after long waiting periods for menial and arguable details. I suppose it's a market built around all that, but i don't have references. Patience unavoidable.
If you know people who are running a successful CSC, your best bet is to copy it from scratch. Broadly speaking, seems that once established is easier to operate if you're a foreigner, that too, but that's just a perception.
Bear in mind that Spain has had close to 25% unemployment and an estimated 3-4 million regular tokers. If there was a guideline, the 1000+ clubs would be 100.000. Something is stopping that to happen.
As for the relevance on which area of Spain you're looking for, (as said, there are significant different approaches from councils), best is to get a local lawyer. Google "cannabis abogados" and there you are, first few ones are from Madrid, BCN and Bilbao. I can't reccomend any in particular.
People have the right to learn through their own mistakes and on the other hand there's always a chance to hit the jackpot, regardless statistics. As you said, some of them seem to be doing pretty well. However, i think a bit like Chaos, so it wouldn't be honest to encourage the idea, but best wishes with it and hope i'm wrong.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:11 PM #9
ChaosCatalunya

I would be happy to set up a friends of Satan club with you mate, but the PP do a pretty good job already

Yes, you are absolutely right that you can set up the paperwork side for a virtual club easily and cheaply, but as you hint at, local regulations are a bitch.

I have seen clubs putting in e20K worth of disabled access ramps, plus there are lifts, toilets... plus fire regs, filtration, and 101 permits, certificates, it all eats money. Now in Barcelona you cant open within 100m of a School as the crow flies, so there are only 8 or 9 roads left in central BCN that you can put a club on.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:48 AM #10
herbing

herbing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCatalunya View Post
You need to have at least 100K of cash to burn, Lawyers, architects, builders, licences, it is incredibly complex, and expensive to do.
Wtf? Sounds like a joke. super expensive
herbing is offline Quote